Who feels like a Thread-Killer? Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixie dust 112

DIS <font color=limegreen>Vet<font color=black>era
I just got off the phone with DH. I asked him if he wants to go ona cruise for our 25th anniversary in 2 years. He said Yes!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Ok for you regular cruisers, do you use a travel agent, book yourself...you know all the questions DU asked a couple of days ago? How much of a deposit do you need to put down? Can I book this early for 2009?

Morning/Afternoon TKers! :goodvibes

I'll be mostly lurking today, since I'm trying to limit my posting on the boards due to some threads that are currently being discussed. I figure the less I let myself post, the most I won't post on that thread at all. :thumbsup2

If not a surge protector, is it a wiring problem? I mean like, could it be that the building needs rewired to prevent them?

Question about cruise prices... are certain months more expensive than others? We want to go at the end of May 08, after spending a few days at WDW after our wedding... so like, the last week (Probably May 25th) will it be more expensive and should book immediately?

PD - I agree with Colleen! I would just tell him you're going! :rolleyes1 I would think you could probably be able to swing it though with a savings account just for vacations... that's what Dave and I are doing for our wedding! :goodvibes

Betsy - He may change his mind after the first time with all of the spinning! That's one ride I can't get Dave to touch with a 50 foot pole and HE'S the thrill rider! :rotfl:

DU - You probably can't make up your mind because it's something new. I know whenever I do something new I'm always so over cautious about it... so I check, double check, and quadruple check before making any decisions! Very unlike me as well :)

Hey Colleen, what about doing photo boards? Like these:

homeaccent2.jpg

They're fairly easy and you can use Disney fabrics or ribbon to theme it! :)

I just got off the phone with DH. I asked him if he wants to go ona cruise for our 25th anniversary in 2 years. He said Yes!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Ok for you regular cruisers, do you use a travel agent, book yourself...you know all the questions DU asked a couple of days ago? How much of a deposit do you need to put down? Can I book this early for 2009?

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Great news for you PD.

I am totally comfortable with booking my own cruises. I usually do it all on the internet.

Now I wasn't that way in the beginning and went to a travel agent but now no problem at all.

You will have to decide your own comfort level but if you need help with anything just let me know and I will try to help.

Reread all the info that was given to DU and see if you have any other specific questions that are not answered there:thumbsup2

When I book a three or 4 day cruise I usually have to put a deposit of 200 dollars per person as a deposit. It might be more for a longer cruise.

I don't think you can book that far in advance but go on the website and see what you can find out about it there.

Questions, once again..... feel free to ask.

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Great news for you PD.

I am totally comfortable with booking my own cruises. I usually do it all on the internet.

Now I wasn't that way in the beginning and went to a travel agent but now no problem at all.

You will have to decide your own comfort level but if you need help with anything just let me know and I will try to help.

Reread all the info that was given to DU and see if you have any other specific questions that are not answered there:thumbsup2

When I book a three or 4 day cruise I usually have to put a deposit of 200 dollars per person as a deposit. It might be more for a longer cruise.

I don't think you can book that far in advance but go on the website and see what you can find out about it there.

Questions, once again..... feel free to ask.

Thanks! You'e the best!

Rayani, the problem is that these are very very LARGE metal cutting machines.

I think the problem is when the outside with the hydro coming in but I will mention the inside wiring to my husband to see if he thinks that could be causing a problem too.

As for your cruise, yes prices do vary any awful lot depending on the dates.

Go to the Disney Cruise Line site and check out the prices posted there. That should help you.

You can pull up a whole month's worth of prices at a time with all the different categories. That way you can quickly see at a glance how the prices can change from one week to another.

Here is the link:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/home/home?name=HomePage

I know you can book now out to the end of 2008

That's when we are booked for, December 27th, 2008 and it just recently became available.

My Mom used SATO (It's a military acronym for travel agent) and I used Dreams Unlimited for my quote. I also got a little bit of a discount cause my Mom is retired military. Dreams Unlimited gave us $200 per stateroom credit to use while onboard. I have a friend who used Costco and got money back in the form of Costo (store) credit, like $850 bucks worth!

DCL doesn't give onboard credit or any special discounts if you book online.

Liz, I like your craft idea, in fact I made one for DD that she still uses...but I need a craft for kids from ages 3 to 12. Something simpler and carry-able.

What about Foamy Frames?

I know they sell them for Disney, and really it only takes some glue. You could throw in some more messy stuff like glitter for the younger set, and I'm sure the pre-teen set would love to put frames together for their friends!

I found a kit on eBay here:

Link too long! :rotfl:

HIYA TK'ers!:goodvibes

So I talked to the kids about a cruise last night. Explained that I might like to talk to DH about doing a family cruise for our 25th anniversary in 2009. DD(13) said no way, then I explained that you can just go and get Pizza without paying, or order room service for free etc. and mentioned that in 2009 all three will be teenagers and able to go to the teen club together, and then she said "well, I will be 15 maybe I won't be afraid when I'm that old!" Now it's time to work on DH. I figure if we start putting a bit away each month starting now, maybe we can swing it!:goodvibes

I'm having Trouble with James too! AGH! I wont be asking you for help on this!:lmao:

This is what we do for all our trips. ::yes:: .we have a savings account just for vacations...Otherwise we wouldnt be able to go anyhwere....Much less be able to bring DGC....It works out because you really dont miss the money..and your not worried about how much in the hole you'll be after!...:thumbsup2

THat is SO SIMPLE ITS BRILLIANT!:thumbsup2 Have a Vacation club...like a christmas club!:thumbsup2

Another power surge at work today :headache: :mad:

Don't know what caused this one but it seems to have done some damage to the machines, yet again :sad2:

We haven't recovered from the first time yet, nor do we have all the insurance claim finished.

What kind of machines??? I KNOW SURGE PROTECTORS.power backups!!!!! They make Industrial size ones, that take care of the whole place.

What kind of machines??? I KNOW SURGE PROTECTORS.power backups!!!!! They make Industrial size ones, that take care of the whole place.

These are big, big machines.

Mostly the size of a whole room in my house, if not more for a lot of them.

They are metal maching machines like lathes and mills.

Rayani, I asked Rick about the wiring in the building.

He had a guy from the power company out this afternoon and they looked at it and decided the problem is most likely NOT in our wiring.

They put some sort of recording meter device on the electricity to try and figure out what is going on. Hopefully they figure something out.

At least the damage does not seem to be as severe as last time.

HIYA TK'ers!:goodvibes

I'm having Trouble with James too! AGH! I wont be asking you for help on this!:lmao:

Wait I can help! I just went to the Website with Winnie and showed all the things we can do on a cruise and suddenly she's totally into it!

I put my first ever user on ignore today! LOL Hurray! TCPluto got the boot from me. I'm tired of reading how he brings up me in every other thread about foodstamps or welfare and continuing to spread falsities... so I ignored him. I'm just sick of it! SO yeah... yay for the first user ever to be put on my ignore list lol

Rayani, I asked Rick about the wiring in the building.

He had a guy from the power company out this afternoon and they looked at it and decided the problem is most likely NOT in our wiring.

They put some sort of recording meter device on the electricity to try and figure out what is going on. Hopefully they figure something out.

At least the damage does not seem to be as severe as last time.

Well the meter will at least tell you guys something! I hope... It just seems weird that you're experiencing power surges! If the machines were too much for the power to handle I would think that it would show up in the wiring so I'm lost lol

I put my first ever user on ignore today! LOL Hurray! TCPluto got the boot from me. I'm tired of reading how he brings up me in every other thread about foodstamps or welfare and continuing to spread falsities... so I ignored him. I'm just sick of it! SO yeah... yay for the first user ever to be put on my ignore list lol

:thumbsup2 Good for you!

ZJO Threadkillers!

Holy Guacamole! I think it's been 2 weeks since I last said hello! Again (and I apologize - humbly) I'm not going to try to catch up. I do have to say to PD112 - HOW COOL to go on a cruise for your 25th! DH and I had the best time cruising with the threadkillers! We're going to Hawaii for our 25th in 2009!

I went to WDW on Saturday all by myself. It was lovely to spend the day walking around and enjoying the park. I didn't ride a single ride....just relaxed and drove back home!

I don't know if the sister's have been on-line. Tinknutt is have a marvelous time in Arizona and she and her DH bought a BIGGER coach! SWHNN went to Disney on Sunday with the kids. She's busy as usual and working on getting her new library built!

Missing and thinking of you all..........

Hello TKers :wave:

How is everyone doing?

Cruisin: How did you make out with the storm today?

Hello TKers :wave:

How is everyone doing?

Cruisin: How did you make out with the storm today?

Actually so far it's not been too bad for us here.

We've had some freezing rain, off and on today but right now it's just pouring down rain like crazy.

It was not cold enough to be freezing when I was last out and I hope it stays that way.

How about up your way. I think I saw that you can expect mainly snow there.

:wave: Hi Ann.

Missing you, thinking about you always.

The rest of the sisters too :)

So which park did you go to and what did you do?

I've often wondered what it would be like to go to the parks all alone.

I haven't decided whether it would be fun or not:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter