Who has been to Walt Disney Family Museum?

This weekend should be busy at the Museum. It is the final weekend for the Snow White Exhibit. In addition there is a lecture at 3:00 on Saturday, The Artistic Vision of Snow White. If your daughter gets bored in the Museum you might want to take her to the lower level of the Museum. They have some classrooms there and I believe they are doing some watercolor painting this weekend.

My husband, Michael, will be at the Museum on Saturday. Look for him in his DisUnplugged shirt. If you listen to the Disneyland Edition of the DIS then you will have heard him talk about the Museum.

Hope you have a great time.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Kerri,
Make sure you pre-purchase Alcatraz tickets at least 2 weeks beforehand. They never have any ferrys available the day of. Sounds like a fun way to celebrate your birthday!

I am so torn...I think we are going to go for it. DH can hopefully keep DD occupied in areas she likes while I check out the rest. I really want to see the SW exhibit before it goes away...This is the last weekend for it.

Thanks, that's my plan! I want to be sure I have the tickets in hand before we go. lol We've tried to go in winter before and it was always sold out.
I think you'll have a great time!

A friend told me to bring binoculars to look at the detail(s) in the giant Disneyland diorama. I thought that was a great tip, and then forgot my binoculars.

I'll bring them next time! It's a huge museum - bigger than you think. Allow as much time as possible.

We went about a year ago with the kids, then ages 6, 8, and 12. The younger two were only really interested in the Disney stuff, not much so about Walt himself. If I were to return, which I plan to, it would be without kids. They loved the room that had all the Disneyland stuff in it, but anything else Disney held their interest for a short time.

About a month or so ago, they began letting visitors take photos inside the museum.

I went to the museum in May with my sisters. We really enjoyed it, probably spent 4 hours there. That being said, I have 2 daughters (14 &16) that love Disney but I don't think they would have enjoyed it. I liked being able to
take my time and my girls would have rushed me out of there in less than two hours. If you have someone who is willing to distract your daughter while you look it might be worth it, otherwise I'd say skip it until you can come without her. I know my girls at the age of four wouldn't have had the patience to wait around that long for me, they still don't ;) Let us know how it turns out.

I am back from the museum. I agree that it is probably not for kids, but still had a few things DD enjoyed. I really enjoyed the history, and was glad we were able to view the Snow White exhibit.
We arrived about 12:30, and it was not busy. Parking was free, so that was nice. We spent about 3 hours between the two buildings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter