Who here is doing the CP?

teh fish

DIS Veteran
I'm showing up the 18th, check in on the 19th, and moving out the 12th of august.

I'm in operations.

They don't let Brits do the CP :(, but hopefully I'm going to do the International Program in 18 months, when I graduate. 1 year working in Epcot, I can't wait! :teeth:

How'd you manage to wangle 8 months there Jeff? I thought it was always 3 months for the CP. And when do you find out what job you'll be doing?

I was there for 8 months it was the best 8 months in my life the summer however gets nasty hot I did operations in MK at BTMRR it was awesome! Its my favorite ride it was my first roller coaster when i was little so it was cool to be able to work on it... you dont find out what ride you are working on till you check in they really dont give you a choice unless theres a major problem a friend of mine was afraid of heights and was slated to work on splash but couldnt so they transfered her... with you being there for so long you can cross train as well i was suppose to cross train on splash but i busted my knee when i was there (if you get BTM and its raining DO NOT walk across the wet beams use the cross overs they really are slippery when wet i fell through the beams and busted my leg open) also take advange of open shifts you dont get paid much and the more shifts you have the better your check after they take out your rent!! most of all HAVE FUN!! its a great chance i cant wait till i can do it again i hope in a few years!

suzie, they offer the standard program (which is a semester) and the advantage program (which includes the summer). I didn't want to have to apply for the summer, b/c i knew i would want to stay.

Norah, my cell phone still works AND they recently put in high speed internet at the apartments. I have online classes, so my laptop will be with me.

hey guys,
i arrive on jan. 10th and leave the 6th of may. i'm excited...but i honestly don't know that much about it. any helpful info for a newbie? what to do? expect? thanks!!!!

brandy

bml815 said:
hey guys,
i arrive on jan. 10th and leave the 6th of may. i'm excited...but i honestly don't know that much about it. any helpful info for a newbie? what to do? expect? thanks!!!!

brandy

Hey Brandy! Congrats you are going to have so much fun trust me... the best advice i can really give you is if you can bring a car with you it will make your life so much easier when i first got there i didnt have a car and i begged my folks to bring it down to me about a month later... theres a great web site you should take a look at its http://www.disneyalumni.com itll tell you everything... its also a great place to meet other CP's what is you job? operations merchandise etc...

~Jill

thanks for the advice, jill! i am excited to get there and see what happens!

brandy

Just finished my CP, I was in Operations at DAK. I'm staying with the company, so hopefully I'll get to meet some of the new CPs that are coming in.

Would anyone be interested in a "Disboard CP meet"? Typical DIS meets usually involve meeting somewhere in the (wd)World, and just shooting the breeze for a while, possibly some attractions or food as well. (these are usually informal events, no RSVP necessary ... not hard to organize, but if I'm going to try and organize something, I just want to check beforehand for interest, otherwise I look like an idiot when I'm the only one that shows up)

im game for a meet itll be fun to meet other college disers

PigSoldier said:
They don't let Brits do the CP :(

they do now!

i am planning on doing the CP and then international program after uni too. but i'm not at uni yet.

I hope to get in. Getting ready to start college. So I still have a bit to go. But I can keep my fingers crossed.

hey guys,
i'm definately game for a meet up. i love meeting new people.

brandy

Hey I am going to be in the CP shorty, i arrive Jan 24th and i was wondering, the syllabi for my classes say they were updated in 2003, should i wait till i am there to order the books, or should i just go buy what they say?? Also my job is in quick service food and bev. and can anyone tell me what that will be like/what it entails??? thanks much

teh fish said:
Norah, my cell phone still works AND they recently put in high speed internet at the apartments. I have online classes, so my laptop will be with me.
hehehe YEAH!!! :cloud9: HAHA

I have been considering doing the CP, but I'm not so sure. I hear all good things about it, but I am afraid that I am throwing a semester out the window. Unfortunately, I am a pretty serious student, and it seems like its more play than school. Any information on what you do exactly would be appreciated, because I would love to try it. It sounds like its all working, and I don't understand where the classes come in? One other thing that bothers me is that I am afraid of getting home sick. I stay local for college, so its not like I'm used to being away.

I'm taking online classes to remain a full time student ie 12 hours so that I wouldn't be behind. I'll let you know how that works out.

SnowWhite1985 said:
I have been considering doing the CP, but I'm not so sure. I hear all good things about it, but I am afraid that I am throwing a semester out the window. Unfortunately, I am a pretty serious student, and it seems like its more play than school. Any information on what you do exactly would be appreciated, because I would love to try it. It sounds like its all working, and I don't understand where the classes come in? One other thing that bothers me is that I am afraid of getting home sick. I stay local for college, so its not like I'm used to being away.

Its not all playing you do have to work about 35 hours or so a week but you have plenty of time to go and enjoy yourself at the parks or even any where in florida we( a roommate and myself) took like 2 days off and went to key west they offer classes that you can use depending on your major and school take a look at the college prgram web site www.wdwcollegeprogram.com
they list all the classes and stuff that are offered and that will give you a better understanding of what the class aspect is all about i never took any classes my school didnt require me to take them so i just worked the whole time i was there but my roommate did and i guess they are pretty strick about what the profs require... i got home sick a little bit but i came home twice during my program just for a visit i was there for almost 8 months plus since we get discounts on hotels and such my family came to visit me as well.. if you have questions see if theres a seminar on your campus and you can talk to you campus rep or just find out who your campus rep is and they can help you sort out what your school will require for you... I hope you choose to do it it was a blast i would drop everything if i could and do it again

~Jill :wizard:

i'm sorry i didn't mean to make it sound like i was putting you guys down. i didn't mean that all you do is play, i guess that came out the wrong way. i tried to look into it at the seminar last year, but there wasn't too much info about the classes and stuff. i would appretiate it if you kept me posted teh fish, and thanks for the advice jctigger. i'm deffinately going to consider it. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter