• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

I am having soooooo much fun :banana: This is like a whole new world! It is super addicting! I am not sure how much time i will save since now all I want to do is look online at scrapping sites

I am having soooooo much fun :banana: This is like a whole new world! It is super addicting! I am not sure how much time i will save since now all I want to do is look online at scrapping sites

LOL! Maybe we need to start up a chapter of digi-scrappers anonymous. :):) There's some amazing inspiration out there and some crazy talented designers.... After a couple months of grabbing everything you see, you'll probably slow down a little as you kind of figure out your style and which designers' stuff you like to work with..... but it's still PRETTY darn addictive! :):) SO glad you are having fun !!

How do you all organize everything so you know who to give credits to? I am going to have to work on a system to figure out where I put stuff!

Hi Gals, I have just stumbled upon your messageboard about SBC+ software. I am fairly new with using the program, so I have read most of the posts, but I do need to go back and take notes.

My question is, if there are templates available, where do you save them, and how do you get them into SBC +? Thanks for the help.

Hi Gals, I have just stumbled upon your messageboard about SBC+ software. I am fairly new with using the program, so I have read most of the posts, but I do need to go back and take notes.

My question is, if there are templates available, where do you save them, and how do you get them into SBC +? Thanks for the help.

I wishCM had blank templates like Jessica (Labdogs42) has on her blog or Christy posts them from time to time. CM only has sets you can buy, but they are not blank. The papers and everything are there and you just insert the pictures. I downloaded Jessica's and have them in a file on my external drive. When I want to use them I go to add page and choose the page template I want to import or multiple to import then I import. They are in the pages tab ready to use.

Happy Scrappin'

Welcome!

There should be a post somewhere back about getting templates into SBC+, but here's how I do it:

1. Download the template. I have one folder in my "unzipped" file to store them all in case I need them later. You can only use ones with the .png ending.
  2. Upload the template to SBC+ "my stuff". I just name it "A" so it's at the top of the list.
  3. I have an album that I've named "templates". You can get to that by creating a new album, choosing the page size, then "blank pages". Otherwise you'll get a whole album of CM page templates!
  4. Add a new blank page. Go to "embellishments" and your "A" file. I always start with the preview and hide it so I always have it there for reference.
  5. Bring in one element at a time. Each element is huge, so what I do is using the magic wand in the "tool" to copy the element, then delete the original. Otherwise it will severely slow down the editing process.
  6. For photos, you'll need to first bring up the photo element & copy it as above, then go to the "photos" toolbar and "add a photo". You can resize the photo by using the "resize" tool, then bring it over by using the horizontal and vertical tools. (I hope that made sense!). If you try to bring a photo into a shape without doing this step, then you will only get part of the photo into the shape.
Now, if you download the templates that Christy has graciously posted on this thread, they are SBC+ ready! Yay!

Sometimes it's hard to tell which order to bring in the elements, so that is also when having the preview on the page will help!

Another tip is for filling a shape done this way with a paper. SBC+ is programmed to fill beginning with the top left corner, so if your copied element is 1" square, you will only get 1" of the top left corner of the full sized page. If you want the whole page to fill the square, you'll have to "add page" then resize it & move it over to cover the element. Then make sure to delete the original element to free up memory on the page.

One thing to remember about SBC+ is that it saves everything in a temp file. So if the program seems to be working very slowly, reboot the computer and you'll be fine.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other quesitons.
Save the page when you're done.

I know this is a weird request, but does anyone have the gellie titles I made a while ago for one of the challenges? 4shared deleted them from my account and I can't find them on my computer(s) anywhere! I want to put them back up on 4shared and fix the links on my blog, so if anyone has the whole set and could zip them and send them to me, I would REALLY appreciate it. Let me know. I should porbably post on the pages thread, too, but I thought I"d start here.

I know this is a weird request, but does anyone have the gellie titles I made a while ago for one of the challenges? 4shared deleted them from my account and I can't find them on my computer(s) anywhere! I want to put them back up on 4shared and fix the links on my blog, so if anyone has the whole set and could zip them and send them to me, I would REALLY appreciate it. Let me know. I should porbably post on the pages thread, too, but I thought I"d start here.

You got mail!!!!

Thank you for the help quiltymom.

It may be a while until I figure this out. Schedule is a little hectic in the coming weeks. But when I get the time, I am going to try what you said.

Man -- this place is hopping tonite!! LOL!! I have a couple more SBC+ templates I need to put on here... I'm glad they are useful to some of you. :)

Christy - Is there anyway to use all the nifty templates everyone gives away for free w/ the SBC+? And where do you store them & pull them up, add background paper, photos, embellishments, etc? I'm doing Project 365 & a couple ladies are either saleing or giving away templates for the project. But, when I asked them, they said I had to have photoshop. The last thing I want to do is learn another digital scrapping program. Thanks for all the info. And please excuse me if I've already asked the questions & you've answered them. I'm in my last week of pregnancy & nothing is sinking in.

ooops, I just read a post a few down & it has all the info I was asking aabout.

Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.... The SBC+ templates are super easy... you just DL them, unzip them and "Import" them into whatever Storybook you are working on with a click of a button. (In your Storybook, go to Home - Import Page - and then search for the file you DLed and click on it). All of the ones I post are 12x12, so they won't work if you are scrapping in 8x8.... weird how CM does that, IMHO. :)

Like Michelle said, we can use some other templates too - as long as the .png files are included -- but the process is more time consuming, so I have to really like a template to bother with it. A lot of sites do not include .pngs with their templates (only Photoshop files) -- ScrapMatters is really good about including .pngs.

I made this one into a template... If anyone would like it, you can grab it HERE.

A_Gift_from_Gma_-_Page_040.jpg

CREDITS

Just a little note about the inky looking edges, if anyone is interested..... I put a black mat on the pictures (width = 1), then I went to Tools - More - Edge Blur and blurred the edges of the photos .... I think I used a softness of about 50, but you can play around with it.... Easy peasy....

Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.... The SBC+ templates are super easy... you just DL them, unzip them and "Import" them into whatever Storybook you are working on with a click of a button. (In your Storybook, go to Home - Import Page - and then search for the file you DLed and click on it). All of the ones I post are 12x12, so they won't work if you are scrapping in 8x8.... weird how CM does that, IMHO. :)QUOTE]

I have never tried to use your 12x12 as an 8x8, but i did use Jessica's 8,5x11 for the calenders I was doing in the CM photocenter size which is really wierd. I was able to resize it for that.

And thanks for the tip on the inky look. I have been working on that tonight for a SM challenge.

Thanks for the template Christy and for the tips on the "inked" edges. I noticed the challenge at SM and was "thinking" about jumping in. Your instructions make it a lot easier to get started!

Here's another template.. if anyone would like it....It has 10 spots for photos, but I took a couple out and filled a couple with papers....

I used it for this LO:
Christmas_Fantasy_Parade_-_Page_044.jpg

CREDITS

And also for this LO (I just selected all of the photo boxes at once and moved them down, and then gave each box a little twist):
Hello_2009_-_Page_003.jpg

CREDITS

You can grab it HERE

Happy Scrapping!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter