Who is behind the scene here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by janone
"I don't recall paying my "dues" to this organization which would allow me to have a vote in what is "published" or not!"

Now that's offensive....

We had a nice polite discussion going here. No need for exclamation marks and sarcasm.

No one pays dues, howver everyone is entitled to their opinion,(expressed within the rules of the board) without getting slammed by the next poster.

If we don't have input , then it's not a "discussion" board.

I am sorry if what I said you found offensive. I was simply stating my opinion that I personally felt that the owner of the board has a right to delegate how it is run. If you found my post rude or sarcastic that was not my intention-nor did I feel I was personally slamming anyone. However if that is how it was taken my apologies are extended. however I stand by my opinion.

and think they have the right to do what THEY see fit on THEIR boards but......
In the grand scheme of life does any of this REALLY HONESTLY MATTER???

Just wondering and not meant to make a fight or anything just my own perception and it may be right or wrong but I just dont see how in the grand scheme of life how this is really such a strong earth shattering issue!

Happy Holidays to All and may Peace prevail!

Heidi

Nancy:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, when I expressed this last night right after the thread was locked, as suspected, my thread was then locked.

I "cruised" on over to the debate board where things are a little less "big brother."

I'd like it to get back to the way it was... a discussion board. Prior to about 3 weeks ago, I can only think of ONE thread ever locked... when the person was trying to sell a WD from the Magic's theatre on ebay, saying it was "given to him by a CM". We gave the guy hell and the thread was locked, understandably. But... I digress :rolleyes:

Ginger, aka pugdog

All our DIScussion Boards are held to the same DIS Posting Guidelines. Everyone reads those guidelines when they first register to post on the DIS.

Moderators are here to uphold those guidelines. If it involves locking, editing, or often times behind the scenes editing, it is done without publicizing it on the boards.

All posters may feel free to email the moderators and/or webmasters of this site if they ever have questions on any particular course of action taken.

We are here on the Cruise Board because of our love of cruising and desire to discuss the topics. Please feel free to continue to do so and happy cruise planning!! :) :)

Yikes, Pugdog, you are bringing me flashbacks!!!
I was the one who noticed the item for sale on Ebay (after having noticed the initials were missing in the theater, since we cruised right before that). I had no idea that my post would stir such controversy! Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to those renegade initials...maybe the guy flew out to Disneyana and sold them for big bucks. Fortunately, I don't think any of my posts have stirred up such a hornet's nest since then.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

LOL at Inkkognito!!! If you'll recall, I was also on that cruise with you and we also noticed the "missing" letters.

I think the guy got a quick induction to the DIS boards in about a 24 hr period. :p

For those of you who missed the excitement, "ebay seller" had received so many emails from Disers questioning his "explanation" for having custody of those letters... that he finally came on in and posted. Now that was INTERESTING. If I remember correctly... he threatened a defamation lawsuit against all Diser's. After he posted that threat, he closed the auction without having received even one bid.

Of course, he was an "outsider" as all Diser's were on the same side of that one!

I, too wonder what ever became of the poor, displaced WD.

What great memories :jester:

so pete wants to wait for the "facts" to come in about 4nana's cruise. hmmm...just whose facts are you going to believe? 4nana's? dcl's?
you have already decided that target's post isnt fact, right?

man, i just loved the "facts" from the infamous fire cruise, and the "facts" about the sudden dissapearence of captian hans. disney is often full of it, as are some of the posters here. i would hope we could decide that for ourselves.

look, what goes on here isnt life or death, but whats right is right. its obvious any criticism of moderaters or board ops is not to be tolerated. i tried this on the debate board and got locked. and also got sob stories from moderaters who complained they worked for a long time, and for no pay, and they have to listen to the same stuff over and over...i guess that gives you the right to do whatever you want and answer to no one.

i thought discussion boards were for discussion, the free exchange of ideas, no matter how stupid or how smart.

pete, i look forward to the post you are preparing. and i am sure when 4nana posts a report, it will get a ton of hits. lets just hope her report wont get prematurely locked by an over-zealous moderater, as this post will no doubt be.

and before i forget, i urge everyone to read the post "live from the 12/4 magic- help us free 4nana." decide for yourself how this board and disney is running.

aalan, this is a privately run board. As others have said, if you don't like how things are run here, feel free to pay the money to start your own where you can run things.

The moderators here always try to be fair. You can't please everyone obviously, but they do one hell of a job.

There are many unmoderated discussion boards that you may prefer since you don't seem to like the moderated ones here. Despite the fact that some people enjoy the drama of a big conspiracy, I hate to disappoint, but there is no drama. Only a polite request to wait until we hear from the source. I don't think that was asking too much.
Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter