Who Is Going To WDW Before the Podcast Cruise?

Plans right now:

8/15 DL
8/17 DCL
9/1 DCL
12/10 WDW
12/13 DCL
5/9 Dolphin

I need to rethink my career choices. Maybe I shoulda been a TA.

OMG people!!! Look at this!!! And of course, there can't be any *work* factor in all that travel!! ;)

I need to rethink my career choices. Maybe I shoulda been a TA.

OMG people!!! Look at this!!! And of course, there can't be any *work* factor in all that travel!! ;)

Some of this was planned long before becoming a TA. AND I do have a spouse with another income ;)

Just try sending me an email while I'm gone. Betcha I answer in less than 24 hours :)

Lots of European nations get a whole lot more paid vacation than Americans do...plus family leave and medical. Makes you want to run away sometimes, doesn't it?

If DH ever makes me get a job, I think I'm headed to Europe for employment.

Just try sending me an email while I'm gone. Betcha I answer in less than 24 hours :)

Gosh, I hope not!! I turn off all my connectivity when on vacation. Especially if my business partner Kevin keeps shunting all communications my way... ;) Not that I mean *your* Kevin, of course... :teeth:

Can I ask how vacation works for you? Most of the time that we meet people from overseas, they are taking very long vacations, like three weeks. DH just couldn't do that with his job. I know that in order to make the flight worth the money you've got to stay longer, but how can you take so long for a vacation?

for about the past 15 years, we've gone to WDW for 3 weeks at a time (once a year) for that very reason....the cost of the trip (to get to the states) and the travel time - it just never seemed worth it to me for less than 3 weeks...

having said that, i might be at WDW in mid-May....i'm attending a conference in Tampa, so i'd really like to pop over to orlando for at least a day or two..

although, maybe not...i'll be on my own....not sure how i'll feel about visiting WDW on my own....it's so much fun with the kids, it won't be nearly as much fun on my own...so maybe not...

In the Netherlands you've a minimum of 5 weeks paid vacation.
Some jobs have a bit more but then it's at the most 6 weeks.
There is a rule that most jobs have and that is the maximum vacations weeks that you can spend at one time and that is 3 weeks in a row.

This year we travel the april/may period with lots of (national) holidays so it doesn't cost me the whole 4 weeks, it turns out it costs me just 3 weeks.

I realize that it's much more paid vacation then the average american get....

In the Netherlands you've a minimum of 5 weeks paid vacation.
Some jobs have a bit more but then it's at the most 6 weeks.
There is a rule that most jobs have and that is the maximum vacations weeks that you can spend at one time and that is 3 weeks in a row.

This year we travel the april/may period with lots of (national) holidays so it doesn't cost me the whole 4 weeks, it turns out it costs me just 3 weeks.

I realize that it's much more paid vacation then the average american get....

My DH gets four weeks paid vacation, plus the normal American holidays and unlimited sick days. I believe he is fairly close to getting five weeks. He's had the same job for 22 years, though. He takes a week off, though, and when he comes back his life is stressful for a few days trying to get things back to how they were before he left. I couldn't imagine how it would be if he was gone for three weeks.

Is there a maximum amount off that you can take in a row???

Or is it possible to take all of you're vacation off in a row?

Hi
Were flying out 10th April for three weeks, with the kids and grandparents, This will be our First disney cruise (podcast being our 2nd )
were also thinking of maybe doing christmas, ive not done disney at crimbo b4!

And then were booked for the podcast cruise! yay! and somewhere afterwards,( maybe grand floridian or AKV?)

(and un benown to nanna and pops- were booked solo for the cruise, so we need to chat them up as babysitters!)
o leave it till last minute and fib and say we won it ....:rotfl: cant say no then!

We'll be in WDW May 18-23 @ OKW!

I can't wait, but wishing I found some decent airfare by now. We usually score $49 each way, but still no luck..... I really don't want to drive with 2 little ones.

Is there a maximum amount off that you can take in a row???

Or is it possible to take all of you're vacation off in a row?

It depends on what corporate policy is. At my current job, there is no hard and fast rule. How much you can take off at one time depends of your position and if your manager will allow you to do it. Since I work in a facility with a very diverse workforce, many are taking 3 weeks off to visit family overseas. In my previous job, it was policy of no more then 2 weeks in a row. Management permission was needed for anything more.

We just got back from a whirlwind tour of all that makes Orlando great (WDW, SW, IOA and US so the kids are set for a bit. But the grownups need another vacation so DH and I are coming down for F&W along w/ my sis and BIL.

And we're thisclose to booking our flight to Calif. to take the kids to DL for their bday in Nov.

That should help make the days pass by faster...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter