Who Is Going To WDW Before the Podcast Cruise?

Madi100

DIS Veteran
Just wondering for those cruising, who will be vising WDW before May of '09? I know we have quite a bit of time.

DH and I will be visiting in December, no kids. Kind of wish it was the other way around and that we were bringing the kids in December and not on the cruise, but they are very excited about the cruise.

Next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with my grandson and his best friend for Spring Break (probably again in 2009 for Spring Break). DW and I will likely go this fall during Epcot Food and Wine Festival. We also plan to arrive several days before the cruise and stay for several more afterwards. During most of these visits we'll be staying at the Fort Wilderness Campground.:cool1:

Next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with my grandson and his best friend for Spring Break (probably again in 2009 for Spring Break). DW and I will likely go this fall during Epcot Food and Wine Festival. We also plan to arrive several days before the cruise and stay for several more afterwards. During most of these visits we'll be staying at the Fort Wilderness Campground.:cool1:

Have a good trip! I think it would be fun to camp at WDW, just not in a tent and that is all we have.

We don't have anything planned for WDW until the cruise and it's just killing me!!! We're going to DLR at the end of this month, but after that who knows. I keep checking to see if we have received any discount codes -- but no luck so far.

We don't have anything planned for WDW until the cruise and it's just killing me!!! We're going to DLR at the end of this month, but after that who knows. I keep checking to see if we have received any discount codes -- but no luck so far.

Well, maybe when Will finds a house, he'll invite you down for the week. With your wonderful luck though, you'll win a stay between now and the cruise :)

We are going in May of this year for 3 nights, and again in October for three nights. Probably will have one more quick trip in addition to these two before the podcast cruise.

We are also heading to DL in June this year!

We are! Going in October for F&W - saving our DVC points and staying at POR - thanks for the pictures Corey!:thumbsup2

is this a general are you going anytime between now and the cruise, or is this are you staying in WDW for the couple few days before the cruise? I'm out selling plasma to raise the money for the room deposit at the Dolphin? was it the dolphin that has the deal? I got the ports of call wrong, I'll guess I am getting which hotel it is wrong too.

Hey everyone! I have details for you!!!

$99 per night at the Walt Disney World Dolphin
for DISUnplugged Podcast cruisers only

Available dates May 4-9 and May 14-17​

You will be required to put down one night's deposit per stay (so if you are staying before and after the cruise you need to make two deposits). The price is $99 plus tax for a total of $111.38 per night. This deposit is fully refundable up until 7 days prior.

To reserve your pre or post cruise stay, email Tracy@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com with the nights you are interested in staying. We (meaning Bawb) will set up your reservation for you and request payment of the deposit.

:goodvibes

We've got a number of trips planned. Disney World has consumed part of my life. :laughing: I need to plan as many trips as possible before I go broke. Although I must say without our DVC membership I wouldn't be able to take nearly as many trips. DVC is truly a great program!

I hope I get a chance to meet some of you down there before the Pod Cruise.

April 3 - 10 Yay! (C Ya Real Soon!)
July 14 - 21
October 21 - 26 (Universal/Disney)
December 9 - 15 (Going Solo)
May 8 - 17 2009 (Pod Cruise) (First Cruise)

Before the cruise or before before the cruise?

For before, before the cruise I am heading down:
late April/early May for Flower & Garden,
late September for Food & Wine
early December for the Christmas decorations and in hopes that Pete has another Podcast Meet.

For before the cruise, I am planning on flying down that Friday after work and stay to Sunday post-cruise.

is this a general are you going anytime between now and the cruise, or is this are you staying in WDW for the couple few days before the cruise? I'm out selling plasma to raise the money for the room deposit at the Dolphin? was it the dolphin that has the deal? I got the ports of call wrong, I'll guess I am getting which hotel it is wrong too.

I meant trips before the actual cruise, not staying a couple days before. Sell that plasma!!!

They buy plasma?

To make Disney Vacation money, this must mean big-screen TVs...

This are our plans so far..........

April 26 - May 3 2008 Just in town (go to SW but no Disney because we can't use our Ap's yet). -booked-

May 3 - May 10 2008 7 day Western DCL -booked-

May 10 - May 24 2008 WDW -booked-

November 29 - December 20 2008 WDW -booked-

April 25 - May 10 2009 WDW -not yet booked-

May 10 - May 14 2009 Podcastcruise -booked-

May 14 - May 17 WDW (Swan) -not yet booked-

Oktober 2009 LA/Yosemite Disneyland and 1.5 week at WDW -just in planning, not yet booked-

This are our plans so far..........

April 26 - May 3 2008 Just in town (go to SW but no Disney because we can't use our Ap's yet). -booked-

May 3 - May 10 2008 7 day Western DCL -booked-

May 10 - May 24 2008 WDW -booked-

November 29 - December 20 2008 WDW -booked-

April 25 - May 10 2009 WDW -not yet booked-

May 10 - May 14 2009 Podcastcruise -booked-

May 14 - May 17 WDW (Swan) -not yet booked-

Oktober 2009 LA/Yosemite Disneyland and 1.5 week at WDW -just in planning, not yet booked-

Can I ask how vacation works for you? Most of the time that we meet people from overseas, they are taking very long vacations, like three weeks. DH just couldn't do that with his job. I know that in order to make the flight worth the money you've got to stay longer, but how can you take so long for a vacation?

Lots of European nations get a whole lot more paid vacation than Americans do...plus family leave and medical. Makes you want to run away sometimes, doesn't it?

Lots of European nations get a whole lot more paid vacation than Americans do...plus family leave and medical. Makes you want to run away sometimes, doesn't it?

My counterparts in France are typically gone for the month of August. Add in the number of holidays they have and most take a week off in February to go sking, it does not seem to be a bad deal. When they come here, they are shocked over our lack of vacation time and the insane number of hours we work. Welcome to America!

Plans right now:

8/15 DL
8/17 DCL
9/1 DCL
12/10 WDW
12/13 DCL
5/9 Dolphin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter