"Who run the Land...Girls!" A May 2015 girls trip to Disneyland! *It's Disney Day! Part 2*

It’s Disney day!!! Part: 1

Friday morning we let ourselves sleep in because our next 2 morning’s were going to be EARLY! You’ll find out just how early soon! We both woke up around 8:45 and proceeded to get ready for the day. Our destination was Disneyland!! While getting ready I got a text from Mary, she would be arriving later today but for now she was at work :(

Spring 2015 Pics 238.JPG

So I sent her back a picture of where I was!

Disneyland Weekend! 548.JPG

Walking through Downtown Disney on our way to Disneyland, we had to make the requisite energy stop.

Disneyland Weekend! 520.JPG

Along with some caffeine, we needed a little something to get us by until lunch. We chose a blueberry muffin to share. I’m not much into Starbucks, but this one had some pretty cool features. I wish I’d thought to get a picture, but they had a tv that you could see different areas of the store, and even one in Orlando! It was kinda cool, but also a bit creepy at the same time….

Disneyland Weekend! 523 - Copy.JPG

Next stop: tickets!!!. Luckily for us, the lines weren’t very long. I ended up with a very helpful cast member who took the time to break down the entire ticket cost. He even wrote it down on a piece of paper. Part of me wanted to stop him and say ‘just give me my ticket’, but he was being so nice and thorough I just couldn’t! I guess they’re used to people not knowing exactly what they want.

Finally I had this baby in my hands :)

Disneyland Weekend! 524 - Copy.JPG

The whole time walking up and through the turnstiles we were joking “What is this?! Why are they making us go through these old-fashioned turnstyles?? It’s not just open, I can’t just put my band up and finger on the pad and walk through?!”. Although Magic Bands have their downsides, they certainly have some upside as well. I find the lack of turnstiles in to be incredibly nice. We finally made it through the gates….We’re in Disneyland!

Spring 2015 Pics 250 - Copy.JPG

We were very excited to be here. The castle is so pretty! I was going to take a picture at the beginning of Main Street USA but I had to get closer. I always forget how much smaller Sleeping Beauty Castle is compared to Cinderella’s. They have it subtly decorated for the upcoming 60th Anniversary celebrations, and I think it looks great! As you can tell in the picture it wasn't the prettiest day to be there, not quite what I was hoping for but I was in Disneyland....what did I have to complain about?!

Disneyland Weekend! 534.JPG

Before any rides, we had to stop and say hi to the man who started it all of course! While we were there we found a few of our favorites to say hi to as well.

Disneyland Weekend! 525.JPG

Like I said, Katie LOVES Dumbo :)

Disneyland Weekend! 528 - Copy.JPG

Minnie is such a cutie :) I just love her

Disneyland Weekend! 533 - Copy.JPG
(continued in next post) Anybody else find this 10 uploaded files thing annoying?! :rotfl2:

I am a new runner who dreams of running in runDisney races (completed my first 5k yesterday actually) so I am loving your TR! Thanks for sharing!

Paper ticket?!? What is that??!:rotfl2: I will miss my magic band on our upcoming trip too.....and dining plan.....Maybe it will feel good going back in time though!:goodvibes SO happy to see you got another post up before your upcoming trip!

I am a new runner who dreams of running in runDisney races (completed my first 5k yesterday actually) so I am loving your TR! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for following along!! Be careful, runDisney races are addicting! They are a lot of fun. Great job completing your first 5k! I still remember my first one!

Paper ticket?!? What is that??!:rotfl2: I will miss my magic band on our upcoming trip too.....and dining plan.....Maybe it will feel good going back in time though!:goodvibes SO happy to see you got another post up before your upcoming trip!

It was a little weird using a paper ticket! They take your picture as well so they make sure your the one using it. It's a bit awkward when they take the picture because they have to get so close haha. We just got back and I have an update ready for this one!

It’s Disney Day!!! Part: 2

After saying our “hello’s!” we decided to head for Katie’s favorite ride. 3 guesses what it is!

If you guessed Dumbo, you would be correct! The wait was only about 25 minutes so we waited and talked. I hadn’t been on Dumbo since I was little so this was a new thing for me, I don’t even remember the last time I rode Dumbo.

After Dumbo we walked over to see what was going on with Matterhorn. They were updating the bobsleds and would be finished about 2 weeks after we left!! I was so sad! It was one of the rides I was really looking forward to! So we continued on toward our next ride. We headed right for It’s A Small World. This is my DF’s mom’s favorite ride so we try to go on it each time. Katie also said this one was different than World so I was up for seeing the differences.

I must say, I really enjoyed the changes they made. It was fun trying to find all the characters they added throughout the ride. After getting off Small World, we headed around to Haunted Mansion only to discover it was closed too! I texted Mary about it and she informed me Soarin’ was closed too! What the heck Disneyland?! So many rides closed, so not cool!! We decided to walk around a little bit and start thinking about lunch. We went and looked at a few different places and decided on Stage Door Cafe.

I chose to have the classic Disneyland corn dog with fries.

Katie chose the chicken nuggets with fries and apples. Once we got our food, they forgot Katie’s apples! So we asked and ended up getting apples for both of us! Although I didn’t eat mine, I let Katie have them.

Meanwhile, Mary was on her way to the airport. Funny enough, her boss was leaving for the weekend, and one of her co-workers was going to be in Disneyland as well! Mary and her boss decided to have lunch together at the Phoenix Airport. They have done some pretty cool things to this airport, such as adding local restaurants in the terminals. They were headed to one of my favorites!

I was a bit jealous, but how could I be jealous I was in Disneyland! While she was enjoying her Peach Ale (my favorite), Katie and I were waiting for a favorite ride of mine!

I believe the wait said about 30 minutes but I think we waited for like 20 minutes. The wait’s were getting very long for all the rides so we decided to browse some shops. We thought about grabbing a snack at the confectionary, but both decided to pass. Lots of things looked delicious though!

We decided to buy a few things. We wanted a pair of Minnie ears that we had tried before, and we both decided the classic Minnie ears were the best. I also bought a new phone case! I had this same case with my old phone but I got a new one and it didn't fit anymore which made me very sad. So I was very happy to have it back! I LOVE it!

We decided to just head back to the room and wait for Mary as she would be landing soon. As we were walking back we saw them setting up for the Tomorrowland premiere! We found out just before we left that the premiere would be happening in Downtown Disney on Saturday night. It was really cool seeing what they had set up already, since it wasn’t there when we left this morning!

I took a few pics of the sorcerer’s hat at the Disneyland Hotel. It was really cool!

Next up: Mary has arrived!

It’s Disney Day! Part: 3

Katie and I waited for a little while in the hotel room waiting to hear that Mary had landed! She didn’t text me that she had landed, but she did text me that her ride had arrived!

It pulled up just as she had finished paying. Sadly though, it didn’t leave for almost 30 minutes. But once they were moving she texted me “Aaand we’re rolling. Ready when you are CB” And about 30 minutes later she sent me a pic of this beauty!

I grabbed my stuff and met her down in the lobby. I was so excited to see her! Katie decided to wait in the room for us. So we went straight to the room. I think we were there just long enough for Mary to drop her stuff and get ready before we were off to get her ticket! But we had to stop for a quick photo op

We weren’t sure why these signs were just sitting there. We used the staircase every day and the signs never moved. I guess they were there just in case they needed them? We walked through Downtown Disney catching up and finally were waiting in line for Mary’s ticket!

The lines were a bit longer for Mary and of course we were all antsy, ready to get in the park especially Mary! It didn’t help that Mary already knew what she wanted so it would only take a matter of minutes for us, where most people were taking quite a while. But we were finally walking through the gates!

Our first stop was a classic Disney ride that is no longer at Disney World...Mr. Toads wild ride!

After that we went on Buzz Lightyear which I forgot to take any pictures of. These 2 rides had a pretty short wait compared to the other rides. We really liked that you could remove the gun on this Buzz. After we defeated Emperor Zurg, we walked around some shops, wasting time before checking in for our lunch. Mary found this awesome hat!

Looks great on her doesn’t it?! We were in New Orleans Square looking at the cute little shops there. We finally made it around to check in for our dinner reservation at Cafe Orleans

Katie ordered La Salade de Maison to start, which is baby greens in a Raspberry Vinaigrette topped with cherry tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese, and caramelized pecans.

For her entree she ordered the Mardi Gras chicken sandwich: blackened chicken breast with Cajun spices and Avocado relish served on a multigrain roll with seasoned sweet potato fries.

Mary ordered the three cheese monte cristo: Swiss, Mozzarella, and Double Creme Brie fried in a light batter and served with Berry Puree.

I chose to go with the classic Monte Cristo Sandwich: Sliced Turkey, Ham, and Swiss in a light batter served with a Berry Puree.

We really enjoyed our meal but it was very filling! We decided to pass on dessert. After dinner, Katie decided to head back to the hotel to rest up for our early morning but I decided to hang out with Mary a little longer. My plan was to stay for the fireworks then head back. We parted ways and Mary and I discussed where to go first. We agreed very quickly we wanted to head to Indiana Jones first!

At this point wait times were still fairly long for all rides. We decided since it was close we would go on Jungle Cruise. This had about a 25 minute wait which was about the shortest we waited this whole trip. Once we got off it was approaching time for the fireworks so we strolled over to Main Street, only to hear the saddest announcement. Due to high winds, Fantasy in the Sky fireworks was cancelled! I was so sad, I was looking forward to some fireworks. Since they were cancelled and all the waits were pretty long I decided to head back to the room and go to bed. I stopped to take a couple Lego pics on my way back.

Mary however, decided to try the wait for Space Mountain which was a posted 50 minutes.

I can’t remember how long she actually waited but it was pretty close. On her way back to the room, she stopped to get herself a little dessert. She got a peanut butter rice krispy treat drizzled in chocolate. She is a bit weird though, these are small and most people would eat the whole thing….I woke up the next morning to find she only ate 1 ear!!! How she could do that, I don’t know!

Next up: We run the Land!

Your food looks so good! Great.....now I'm hungry........lol

Haha I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you hungry! :rotfl: It was very good food!

I apologize everyone reading, my family and I are leaving for an Adventures by Disney trip today so I won't be updating for a while. I tried to get another one posted before we left but there was just too much to do! I'll have more for you when I get back though!

It's interesting how much I know about the rides based on the TRs I've read and the videos I've watched, but the food is still all new to me! I have heard about how good the corn dogs are, and I know about the Monte Cristo sandwich. I really appreciate all the food reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter