Who was /is a real big star

I think most of the people listed here are amazing talented. Sinatra? Michael Jackson?
Love Sarah Jessica Parker.

Guess I don't really get the thread. I mean I get that Roseanne and Will Ferrell aren't everyone's cup of tea but I certainly get why they are famous.

And Oprah? Really? Even if you don't like her interview style and the flashy later year shows she was a star reporter in her early days that really broke glass ceilings coming from a very challenging background. I think she deserves a huge amount of respect. Really a true grass roots cinder to princess tale. Very hard worker who succeed on her own despite many handicaps against her.

Before others came in behind her and lowered the bar, she made it big with lowest common denominator programing. She is one I think has gotten better with maturity.

Kelly Ripa
Kevin Hart
Alex Baldwin
Rosie O Donell
Kathy Griffin
I agree with all of these except Alec Baldwin. I might not like him as a person but he’s put in his time and has a real knack for comedy.

I’m wondering if people are confusing who they don’t like vs people with no talent. Bruce Springsteen? Love or hate him he’s the hardest working man in Rock & Roll. Sinatra? Meryl Streep? Tom Cruise? Again, maybe unlikable people but it wasn’t sheer luck that got them to where they are. I dislike Michael Jackson and his music immensely but there’s no denying the man had talent and worked damn hard to get where he was.

I agree with all of these except Alec Baldwin. I might not like him as a person but he’s put in his time and has a real knack for comedy.

I’m wondering if people are confusing who they don’t like vs people with no talent. Bruce Springsteen? Love or hate him he’s the hardest working man in Rock & Roll. Sinatra? Meryl Streep? Tom Cruise? Again, maybe unlikable people but it wasn’t sheer luck that got them to where they are. I dislike Michael Jackson and his music immensely but there’s no denying the man had talent and worked damn hard to get where he was.

Springsteen is like his generation's Dylan. Tremendously talented writer & performer, but there is no doubt his "vocal abilities" are NOT his strong suit.

Springsteen is like his generation's Dylan. Tremendously talented writer & performer, but there is no doubt his "vocal abilities" are NOT his strong suit.
I would have to agree and I’m a big fan. He’s an amazing storyteller and puts on a show like no other though. There are many talented singers who can’t sing worth a damn. Dylan’s talent was delivering a message. Ozzy’s talent is showmanship. All three can get and keep a sold out crowd on their feet.

I can see why she became a star. I cannot see why she remains one, however. One of the few performers that did not get better as they matured but in fact fell off completely.

This. Her voice, her attitude, her clothing etc. were all great in the eighties. She was ALL THAT. But now, she just comes off as a middle aged woman trying to remain relevant. The diva attitude doesn't fly anymore IMO.

This. Her voice, her attitude, her clothing etc. were all great in the eighties. She was ALL THAT. But now, she just comes off as a middle aged woman trying to remain relevant. The diva attitude doesn't fly anymore IMO.
Agree completely, but that description could fit a whole slew of aging divas (and some divos too). It's a shame today's "stars" can't get by on sheer talent. Maybe because they have so little...

I don't think the person at whom you're not so subtly hinting is "most obvious". That's "obviously" your opinion.

I agree with many of your posts.... and I think that is just "Great"..... Absolutely wonderful....

I know your all right about him, but to me he was just some old guy who only had a couple original songs, he just sang other peoples songs and messed up the words
I think his eyes are what made him famous, and his voice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter