Whoops, didn’t realise there were pass blackout dates!

Wow, that's a great deal, hope they do it again!
While there is no guarantee that they will do it again, for the last couple of times, we have bought the specially priced Platinum Plus AP's and have stacked trips in those years, then not gone as much in the other years (or have gone to Aulani). We have really enjoyed the Water Parks on the Plat Plus passes. They are really great for summer trips...

So they do it randomly, or is it usually at a particular time of year?
Randomly. There is no guarantee that they will offer deals, but they have done some kind of Platinum Plus deal a couple of times over the past 5 years...

I’ll keep an eye out then. It’s not until next Christmas we’d need it, so have plenty of time.

I should add... That is only the special Platinum Plus pass deals that they have offered over the past couple of years where it was 25% or more off.

There has always been some sort of AP discount at all levels of passes for DVC members every year, just every so often in the past they have a special "even better" deal on PP AP's...

I wonder if you can go this with the UK tickets, as we often get good prices for those. Can you upgrade to a DVC pass in the park, or does it have to be done through member services?

Yes, you can, but you have to do it at member services in Orlando and they'll quote on the day how much the ultimate ticket are worth for bridging. It depends on pound exchange rate, the cm knowledge and who knows what else. Everyone gets a different quote. No harm in trying.

Yeah. We bought Gold passes for our 10 day trip last summer not planning to go during black out periods. Plans changed and we are now going during Easter week and will have to upgrade once we get there. :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter