Who's booking for 2021?

i just asked this in the travel changes thread, but i'll ask it here as well.
When i finally cancel my October ABD, i understand that they'll put my $1300 deposit in a placeholder.
When do i have to use the placeholder?
And if for example i have to use it within 12 months, does that mean i have to book within 12 months or the tour has to take place within 12 months.
I'm hoping it's actually longer than 12 months, but i just used that as an example.

Thanks!

We put our September '20 trip deposit in placeholder & were told we had 24 months from ORIGINAL booking date to BOOK another trip or loose deposit. They said the trip did not have to take place in that time.

We put our September '20 trip deposit in placeholder & were told we had 24 months from ORIGINAL booking date to BOOK another trip or loose deposit. They said the trip did not have to take place in that time.

so effectively that's a year or less to book another trip given that i booked the tour on opening day.
so clearly i'm going to lose the $1300. How happy for Disney, as for me? not so much.

Just booked Scotland for Sep 2021. Was booked for Prague and Austria for this September, but I do not love the new trip near as much. Scotland has always been on my bucket list.

Do they have a UK trip? England and Scotland?
When i glanced at what was available, the only England i saw was together with France, which i am not at all interested in.
I'd like to do just England/Scotland. Or even just England, but without France. Do they have one like that?

Do they have a UK trip? England and Scotland?
When i glanced at what was available, the only England i saw was together with France, which i am not at all interested in.
I'd like to do just England/Scotland. Or even just England, but without France. Do they have one like that?
No. They only have England/France or Scotland. They used to have a France only. But there's no England only or England/Scotland.

It's kind of surprising that they *don't* have an England only trip. The England/France trip used to be London/Paris only, but they've expanded the England part out of London a bit.

Scotland really deserves it's own trip. There is SO much to see.

Sayhello

Last edited:

No. They only have England/France or Scotland. They used to have a France only. But there's no England only or England/Scotland.

It's kind of surprising that they *don't* have an England only trip. The England/France trip used to be London/Paris only, but they've expanded the England part out of London a bit.

Sayhello
there's a lot to see in England too.
For the anglophiles amongst us, there is no need to cross that channel.
it really is very weird that they don't have a dedicated trip.
There are so many single country trips, why not the UK?

We moved our Sept 2020 booking to Feb 2022. So... the "2021 season", technically! lol

Sayhello

What happened with the France only trip? Was it not selling?

there's a lot to see in England too.
For the anglophiles amongst us, there is no need to cross that channel.
it really is very weird that they don't have a dedicated trip.
There are so many single country trips, why not the UK?

I would love to do an England only trip. The only time I have ever bee to Europe was a week in London in 2013. I have always loved British history, and I fell in love with London during that trip.

Ah, well. Can't fault you for that, my wedding anniversary is the 19th. We were going to be celebrating our first anniversary of marriage on this trip this year, but... now I guess it'll be the second.

I would love to do an England only trip. The only time I have ever bee to Europe was a week in London in 2013. I have always loved British history, and I fell in love with London during that trip.
London is a very easy city to tour on your own. The tube is extremely efficient and there are trains that you can take to Windsor, Bath, Warren Bros Studios (if you are a Harry Potter fan this is a *must* do), etc. Honestly I would recommend trying it out on your own -- it is so much fun to pick and choose exactly what you want to see.

London is a very easy city to tour on your own. The tube is extremely efficient and there are trains that you can take to Windsor, Bath, Warren Bros Studios (if you are a Harry Potter fan this is a *must* do), etc. Honestly I would recommend trying it out on your own -- it is so much fun to pick and choose exactly what you want to see.
there isn't a place in the world that you can't do on your own, as we usually do.
Going with a well organized tour makes things easier and sometimes offers special activities that aren't necessarily that easy to do on your own.

just editing to add on the places we have visited on our own: Japan, China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Korea, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, England, France, Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Greece, Israel, Turkey, Egypt, South Africa, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, etc
I'm sure i've forgotten something, but there isn't really any place you can't do on your own. DIY and tours are both nice. Just different. We also did Alaska DIY.
We actually rarely do an organized tour, but we have and they're also nice.

Last edited:

I agree. We pretty much did that week on our own in 2013. We did book a couple of day guided tours and went to Bath, Stonehenge, Windsor, Canterbury Cathedral, and the white cliffs of Dover. But the rest of the trip, we used the tubes to get everywhere. Did not get to the Warren Brothers Studios that trip, but maybe someday we will. A week wasn’t nearly long enough, and I would love to go again someda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter