Who's Going in December?

Anyone interested in doing a Photopass share? There's a lady who started a group on Facebook for sharing Photopass and Photopass+ cards (to mitigate some of the cost). Take a look here and join the group if you're interested. I'm probably going to be the organizer for a PP+ group going in mid-December.

Anyone interested in doing a Photopass share? There's a lady who started a group on Facebook for sharing Photopass and Photopass+ cards (to mitigate some of the cost). Take a look here and join the group if you're interested. I'm probably going to be the organizer for a PP+ group going in mid-December.

I want to start off by saying that I am not trying to pick a fight or be confrontational. However, i have to say that i feel like this is cheating, and just like people should not share tickets, nor should they share photopass. It might be different if it was a big family but that is clearly not the case in this situation. There are plenty of ways to cut costs at disneyland to save money but this is not one of them.

Thank you so much, Escape2Disney!

That PPH tree is very beautiful & colorful (Laurie/DizNee Luver can vouch for me on that one!)! I hope that sneaky Disney doesn't do something like suddenly change the decorations on the tree and make it look different this year, now that I've been telling people how pretty the warm, glowing blue-green lights are!:rotfl2: You may get there and find a totally different tree and wonder what the heck I was talking about!:rotfl2:

The GCH tree is stunning and elegant - a perfect tree for the setting and theme of that huge, dimly lit lobby/hearth area.

I do hope you enjoy the PPH. I'm glad the Superthread was of some influence and help! It's not an extravagant hotel, but it's cute - and if you end up with a park view it is great! The rooms have more floor space than the GCH rooms, I have found, but not as much floor space as the DLH rooms. I really think the only problem with the PPH is the fact that it is just not as big of a property as the DLH or the GCH. There is not much to the hotel itself (which is why it should be substantially less expensive than it is) - not many places to explore or discover. Other than that, it's fine - I don't even mind the fact that it's across the street from the main hub of activity. It's not far.

I've stayed at GCH twice. I love the hotel itself - the lobby is beautiful! I did find the rooms fairly small and underwhelming. I was there for conferences, so the price was great! Without the discounts I would have chosen another hotel.

I'm looking forward to PPH! I'm glad to hear the rooms are a little better. With my wheelchair, scooter, and 3 people, I'd hate for us to be crammed in like sardines!

We will be there :yay: I am taking my niece the 12-18, and we will be staying at the Grand Californian!!!! I am finishing my last semester of college and this trip is helping me push through to the end. Can't wait to see all of the new decorations, a lot has changed since our trip just two years ago at the same time!

NICE! Celebrations are the best reason to go to Disney! Be sure to hang out in front of the awesome fireplace at GCH.

DH just told me that he's excited for the trip after 18 months of planning! Why? Because he found a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gym near DL. I gave him the dates that he absolutely can't go and he's happy. He printed out a Google Map for directions from DL to the gym and labeled it "NOW It's the happiest place on Earth!". It's actually a relief for me because you do want everyone to be happy and we're going to be there 11 days--that would have been really hard for him!
Kerri

Paid off my trip yesterday and finished all of my dining reservations! I made my girls journals and coupon books thanks to the creative Disigners. Now I just need to know if they are going to have tours and Fantasmic while we are there. It's really starting to feel real!!

Shannon

DH just told me that he's excited for the trip after 18 months of planning! Why? Because he found a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gym near DL. I gave him the dates that he absolutely can't go and he's happy. He printed out a Google Map for directions from DL to the gym and labeled it "NOW It's the happiest place on Earth!". It's actually a relief for me because you do want everyone to be happy and we're going to be there 11 days--that would have been really hard for him!
Kerri

That sounds MUCH better than having him grumble through the trip! :goodvibes My daughter read that and said "hmmm, maybe there's a Kenpo dojo near the parks...." She loves Disney, but also loves her martial arts training too.

Paid off my trip yesterday and finished all of my dining reservations! I made my girls journals and coupon books thanks to the creative Disigners. Now I just need to know if they are going to have tours and Fantasmic while we are there. It's really starting to feel real!!

Shannon

I'd love to see pictures of your journals and coupon books!

I heard from a CM on the phone today that we should be hearing about F! and CP soon.

Just found this thread...how cool. We are a family of 5 going 12-22 thru 12-27...just love Disney at Christmas time.:yay:

Wouldn't you know after my previous post I was reading thru the thread and saw that my DD had already posted our dates as well as our hotel...should have known, she has planned this whole trip :rotfl2:

Wouldn't you know after my previous post I was reading thru the thread and saw that my DD had already posted our dates as well as our hotel...should have known, she has planned this whole trip :rotfl2:

No worries! It's nice to see you on the thread! :goodvibes Have a wonderful time!

All the details for park hours for our week are up at last so I can start planning in a more detailed way. As expected the only day for Fantasmic! is the Sunday we arrive, We are all going to be tired from the trip and I don't do well standing around waiting at the best of times so we have 100% decided on doing the dessert seating, now for the logistics of getting that booked in. Vactation planning have been very helpful booking in our dining etc but if I email them my credit card details can I get them to book our fantasmic seating? I am a bit confused by the time difference but if I have to ring, I think it would mean getting up and ringing at 5am our time the following day, not such a big deal mon-fri but really loathe to do that on saturday! :crazy2: It would be much easier if I could email them on the friday afternoon and get them to book it the following day for me...

Going Dec. 16-21 Staying at Grand California Hotel! So exited first time at DL during the holidays!!

sirvin12 said:

Shannon

What did you do coupons for?

Had to made some adjustments but we are now officially booked at the Paradise Pier Hotel, Upper Level Theme Park View with Concierge!!!!! Our dates are Dec. 9 and checking out on Dec. 16 (7 glorious nights!!)

Uh Laurie - just realized we will be there at the same time!! Just booked 12/9 - 12/11 for a quick trip with my sister at the DLH concierge! Hopefully we will see you!

Going Dec. 16-21 Staying at Grand California Hotel! So exited first time at DL during the holidays!!

YAY! You'll have a wonderful time! :thumbsup2

Had to made some adjustments but we are now officially booked at the Paradise Pier Hotel, Upper Level Theme Park View with Concierge!!!!! Our dates are Dec. 9 and checking out on Dec. 16 (7 glorious nights!!)

I'll update. Looks like we'll be at the same hotel for most of our trip! We'll be in a standard view room. Have you ever used concierge before? We might try it one trip.

Uh Laurie - just realized we will be there at the same time!! Just booked 12/9 - 12/11 for a quick trip with my sister at the DLH concierge! Hopefully we will see you!

YAY! More DISers with the same dates! Hope to see you there!

All the details for park hours for our week are up at last so I can start planning in a more detailed way. As expected the only day for Fantasmic! is the Sunday we arrive, We are all going to be tired from the trip and I don't do well standing around waiting at the best of times so we have 100% decided on doing the dessert seating, now for the logistics of getting that booked in. Vactation planning have been very helpful booking in our dining etc but if I email them my credit card details can I get them to book our fantasmic seating? I am a bit confused by the time difference but if I have to ring, I think it would mean getting up and ringing at 5am our time the following day, not such a big deal mon-fri but really loathe to do that on saturday! :crazy2: It would be much easier if I could email them on the friday afternoon and get them to book it the following day for me...

We're in the same boat. There are only two possible dates for F! during our trip. I'm hoping for Sunday night reservations.

I'll update. Looks like we'll be at the same hotel for most of our trip! We'll be in a standard view room. Have you ever used concierge before? We might try it one trip.

YAY! More DISers with the same dates! Hope to see you there!

We've never done concierge before......one~~we can't afford it and two~~wasn't sure we'd truly use it.......but our son is getting a really great deal being a CM, so we decided why not!! We'll do a couple breakfasts there and take advantage of the free water and snacks offered through out the day. That will save us some money but doing it mostly for the experience!

Bridget I'm so excited you'll be there too!!! Hopefully a foo foo drink will be in our future!!! :drinking1 Escape2Disney maybe you could join us??

Are we knowing more about Candlelight now?

Sorry, if it has been discussed. I'm at WDW now ;) and haven't been reading too much.

Are we knowing more about Candlelight now?

Sorry, if it has been discussed. I'm at WDW now ;) and haven't been reading too much.

Yesterday someone posted information on a thread, may have been this one that conflicted with information that I had received as well as others. But in the past I saw information that conflicted with information that the other poster and I had received. So, I called Disney and was told that the CM's are waiting for information and any info that we have been given is just speculation and rumor. I had originally been told that info should be out today (November 3rd) and to watch the AP's page on Disneyland.com because they would hear the info first. So far, I can't find anything on the AP pages. The woman I spoke with last night told me that the information will be posted on the blog, not the AP pages. No news there today either...

We've heard about an Ultimate Holiday Tour and I spoke to someone about that a week or so ago and he said that there was going to be an Ultimate Holiday Tour but they weren't booking it yet. So....we're still in the same place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter