Who's going to Discovery Cove this Sept/Oct? Please sign in.-UPDATED-more pix!

We'll be there Sept 14th too. DD9(14) BFF, BFF DD(6) and me

Have a great time! Maybe you'll run into My2BabiesLexis&Dill (DM and 2 kids) while you are there.

lulubelle6188 said:
DH and I will be there Sept 19 for our 5th anniversary! It's our first time going and we're really excited!

Congrats! What a wonderful way to celebrate. Your anniversary is my DD's birthday! :goodvibes party:

Thanks! But technically our anniversary is the 23rd. The 19th is just the only day we could get my parents to babysit so we could go out. I take what I can get when I can get it!:thumbsup2 Oh, and I forgot to post that our extra park is Aquatica. We've never been and I'm not sure we will. We have passes to Seaworld and are all going there on Sat so I didn't want to pick it. Do you think we could do both one day. I know they close around the same time and I want to make sure we have plenty of time for DC. Do you think we will and then run over to Aquatica to check it out-even if we didn't really do much there? Thanks!
Tiffany

Thanks! But technically our anniversary is the 23rd. The 19th is just the only day we could get my parents to babysit so we could go out. I take what I can get when I can get it!:thumbsup2 Oh, and I forgot to post that our extra park is Aquatica. We've never been and I'm not sure we will. We have passes to Seaworld and are all going there on Sat so I didn't want to pick it. Do you think we could do both one day. I know they close around the same time and I want to make sure we have plenty of time for DC. Do you think we will and then run over to Aquatica to check it out-even if we didn't really do much there? Thanks!
Tiffany

I don't know. We've done DC before but not Aquatica. We are thinking of doing a partial day at AQ on 9/25 before we head out to Sarasota/Bradenton area.

When we went to DC we loved it so much that we stayed until closing. The stayed open a little longer that day so they could get all Dolphin Encounters finished so I think we left about 6 or so.

Our family (DH, myself & two son's ages 11 and 13), will be at DC on Oct 6th & we're doing Sea World tickets with the package. Never been before but def looking forward to it.

So far only 2 are going on the same day, Sept. 14th. My2BabiesLexis&Dill and melissac

Anyone else?

We're going to Discovery Cove for the first time on 29Th October, myself,DH, DSs (10 & 9) and DD(8).We 're going to Sea World also with the park passes. We've wanted to go here for a few years now but this year the slight drop in prices and the AMEX deal made it possible. It'll be our last day of vacation so hopefully a nice way to finish.

DH,DS(12) and I on October 28. Cannot wait! Heading to Busch Gardens earlier in the week. We are so excited!!!:banana:

We (DH, DD9 and I) will be there on Tuesday 5th October. We chose to visit Sea World this trip as it's been a few years since we've been there.

This will be our first visit to DC and I'm so excited because it's a surprise for DD's birthday.

We (DH, DD9 and I) will be there on Tuesday 5th October. We chose to visit Sea World this trip as it's been a few years since we've been there.

This will be our first visit to DC and I'm so excited because it's a surprise for DD's birthday.

What s great surprise! If your DD is anything like my DD10, she'll love it!
:cloud9: :bday: early!

Okay, so I finally got more of my DC pictures from Sept. 07 uploaded to photobucket. Hope you enjoy them! Looking at them gets me even more excited about going on Sept. 28th!

dolphinsculptureinlobby_2603.jpg

Dolphin sculpture in lobby where you check in.

firstview_2606.jpg

Our first view as we enter DC

gettingparkorientation_2610.jpg

Our guide giving us a brief orientation

lockers_2714.jpg

The lockers-they assign you a location based on when you enter.

Daniellezinced_2625.jpg

Here's DD wearing the sunblock they provide. You can ONLY wear the approved sunblock they give you. This stuff is really weird! And the great thing is once you get it mostly rubbed in as best you can, when you get in the water it turns white again!

7Mewithzinc-_019.jpg

That's me in the sunblock.

signs_2623.jpg

Some signs.

lagunagrillrestaurant_2717.jpg

Outside of the Laguna Grill Restaurant-this is where you will get your continental breakfast and lunch.

grill_2615.jpg

The cooking grill inside.

drinkdisplay_2658.jpg

Adult beverage display-this are the free choices you have, for those who like to imbibe! Unfortunately I don't like the taste of beer or most wines or I would so be getting one of these!;)

breakfastbuffet_2618.jpg

Breakfast buffet

warmpool_2734.jpg

This is the warm pool. Yes, I did say warm!:goodvibes The warm pool and lazy river are nice and warm!

birdofparadise_2751.jpg

Some flora.

3-25Daniellefeedingpeacock3_025.jpg

DD (then 8) feeding peacock in the bird aviary. Sorry for the quality of pix in the aviary. We entered it from the lazy river so I had my water cam. This year I will take a better camera in the aviary.

Vickifeedingbirdintree3_022.jpg

My Dsis feeding a bird in the tree.

deerfromTR.jpg

We spotted this little deer in the aviary.

3-16Danielleandlorikeet.jpg

DD and Lorikeet

panoramiccoralreefraypool.jpg

Panoramic of Coral Reef.

see next post for more....

Can only put 25 images in one post so here are a few more...
Dinfrontofdpoolinam_2611.jpg
Dinfrontofdpoolinam_2611cropped.jpg

My favorite shot of the day. DD in front of dolphin pool. I like it so much I posted it twice!;)

CJjumping_2654croppededitted.jpg

Our dolphin, CJ

mekissingCJ_2639cropped.jpg

Me kissing CJ.

DTCJ_2640.jpg

Ineracting with CJ.

DTpettingCJ_2633.jpg

Petting CJ.

DgettingreadytokissCJ_2638cropped.jpg

DD kissing CJ.

DTthumbsupgreatride_2650.jpg

Thumbs up! We had a great time with CJ!

DVwalking_2669.jpg

Dsis and DD walking back from getting more snacks.

DVwalking_2668.jpg

Deatinglemonadeeditted_2665.jpg

DD enjoying her free frozen lemonade.

coralreefempty_2744.jpg

Coral Reef empty after a brief beach closure. It was awesome-I was the only on back in it for some time.

5809-21lotoffishcoralreef.jpg

Fish in Coral Reef

5809-01Danielletouchingray.jpg

DD touching ray.

21mom21_005.jpg

My DM! :goodvibes Hard to believe she was 68 on this trip! She's turning 71 about a week before we go this year.

20Dinraypool_006editted.jpg

DD in ray pool

16rays.jpg

Rays.

3-12Danielleunderwaterinriver.jpg

DD in lazy river

3-7Coralreefbeach.jpg

Coral Reef Beach-this is where we set up camp!

3-6Rayincoralreef.jpg

more rays in coral reef.

3-4Danielleunderwater.jpg

DD undewater.

3-3Sharks.jpg

Shark! You actually aren't swimming with the sharks but when you go under water in the coral reef you will find a lot of them safely behind glass.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures and are even more excited about your visit!:cloud9:

What s great surprise! If your DD is anything like my DD10, she'll love it!
:cloud9: :bday: early!

The first time our DD "met" a dolphin, it splashed water into her face and she got quite annoyed. But 4 years on, she's been asking to go swimming with dolphins, so I guess she got over it! :laughing:

She loves swimming, and animals, so I hope we've made a good choice for her birthday treat.

Thank you for sharing your photos - I'm looking forward to our day there even more now. :goodvibes

We (me, DH, DD15, DS13, DS9) are going to DC for the first time Oct. 23rd - the day before our first DCL cruise for four days. We also got the AmEx discount which makes a huge difference. We picked Aquatica bc we have been to Sea World San Antonio multiple times (my parents live less than 2 hrs away) and BG was too difficult to schedule as we are also doing Univeral/IOA for 2 days for the first time before flying back home.

The pics look so wonderful!

We are going tomorrow morning!! We are so excited. Planning to be there around 8:00. I have booked the premium celebration package with the private cabana and birthday buoy for my daughter.

Connie

Just booked for Feb! Love the pics.
Since you guys were just there, quick question. I want to make sure I get ALL the pics I can. this will probably be the only time we ever go. The 'ultimate package', that gets you all your pics on cd (including dolphin) AND your DVD? For around $250?

Can only put 25 images in one post so here are a few more...
Dinfrontofdpoolinam_2611.jpg
Dinfrontofdpoolinam_2611cropped.jpg

My favorite shot of the day. DD in front of dolphin pool. I like it so much I posted it twice!;)

CJjumping_2654croppededitted.jpg

Our dolphin, CJ

mekissingCJ_2639cropped.jpg

Me kissing CJ.

DTCJ_2640.jpg

Ineracting with CJ.

DTpettingCJ_2633.jpg

Petting CJ.

DgettingreadytokissCJ_2638cropped.jpg

DD kissing CJ.

DTthumbsupgreatride_2650.jpg

Thumbs up! We had a great time with CJ!

DVwalking_2669.jpg

Dsis and DD walking back from getting more snacks.

DVwalking_2668.jpg

Deatinglemonadeeditted_2665.jpg

DD enjoying her free frozen lemonade.

coralreefempty_2744.jpg

Coral Reef empty after a brief beach closure. It was awesome-I was the only on back in it for some time.

5809-21lotoffishcoralreef.jpg

Fish in Coral Reef

5809-01Danielletouchingray.jpg

DD touching ray.

21mom21_005.jpg

My DM! :goodvibes Hard to believe she was 68 on this trip! She's turning 71 about a week before we go this year.

20Dinraypool_006editted.jpg

DD in ray pool

16rays.jpg

Rays.

3-12Danielleunderwaterinriver.jpg

DD in lazy river

3-7Coralreefbeach.jpg

Coral Reef Beach-this is where we set up camp!

3-6Rayincoralreef.jpg

more rays in coral reef.

3-4Danielleunderwater.jpg

DD undewater.

3-3Sharks.jpg

Shark! You actually aren't swimming with the sharks but when you go under water in the coral reef you will find a lot of them safely behind glass.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures and are even more excited about your visit!:cloud9:

Really good pictures. Who took them?

Awesome day at Discovery Cove. I got the Birthday Celebration package with the private cabana. It was amazing! We were in cabana South 1. We had an awesome view overlooking the dolphin Starfish swim area. We swam with Capricorn. It was really nice having the cabana. I have some pictures I just need to figure out how to post them.

Connie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter