Who's taking the family in Oct. 2009!

When will you start packing for your Oct. vacation?

• Start? I've been packed and ready to go for weeks now!

• I start packing right around the 30 day mark!

• I usually start packing a few weeks before my trip.

• I'm packed up and ready to go the week before my trip.

• I'm usually still looking for my suitcases the night before the trip!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Where are you from: Statesville, NC, Syracuse, NY

Whose going: Me, DH, DD, DSL, DGD

When will you be going: Oct. 13 - Oct 19. 2009

Where are you staying: Pop Century (2 adjoining
rooms, hopefully)

How did you pick resort: DGD loves the pool

MNSSHP: Yes, Oct. 18

How are you filling time: Planning, replanning, planning -
repeat, repeat, repeat. Recently asked CM on the
phone if I had a memo next to my reservation
saying: "If this woman calls again - HANG
up" CM answered: "Not Yet!!" :lmao:

So my Dh is pretty much letting me plan our whole trip and really isn't too into it yet. He LOVES Disney, just can't get excited till the trip is closer, he says. But last night he did ask me a few questions and brought up some good points and now...I feel like I want to revamp my whole plan! :headache: Actually I am ok with that, we don't have too many things set in stone and really only one things I have on my "must do list" so it should be ok. But boy did DH ever get "the look" last night! I explained to him THIS is why I asked for his input over a month ago when we could make ADRs! Men, geesh :rotfl:

Where are you from? - SC
Who will be going? - Kelsey (3), my husband and myself
When will you be going? - Oct 16-19th
Where are you staying? - Pop
How did you pick your resort - Kelsey wanted to stay with the big Woody
MNSSHP? - nope
How are you filling time until your vacation? - I'm planning everything and anhything between classes
Any other info. you would like to share? - Kelsey and my husband's first trip to Disney. There are few places that I have been that my husband hasn't so I am excited!

Where are you from? - Massachusetts
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DD (3.5) and DS (20 months)
When will you be going? - October 15 through October 19
Where are you staying? - Poly
How did you pick your resort - One of my favorites, DH has never stayed, and wanted monorail for the kidlets first trip
MNSSHP? - October 18th!
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, reading Birnbaums and The Hidden Magic of WDW, making a countdown chain, watching Disneyland Fun almost everyday, and all your regular everyday stuff
Any other info. you would like to share? - This is both of the kids first trip so we are really excited!! Have a character breakfast everyday and can't wait to see the kids faces when they meet Mickey

Where are you from? - South Carolina
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DS (6), DS (5), DD (4)When will you be going? - Oct 6- 11
Where are you staying? - BWI CL Deluxe (yikes--I cannot believe it! we got a 40% off pin code otherwise we couldn't do this)How did you pick your resort - DH is going for a conference and it is at BWI
MNSSHP? -not this time
How are you filling time until your vacation? - staying very busy with the kiddos and their school!
Any other info. you would like to share? -we have 6 kids total and are only taking the Big 3 (as I call them)--so we are leaving our youngest 3 at home with Grandma--they are 2, 2, and 6 months--I am sad but I know it will be good to focus on the older 3--and we plan to take another trip in 2 yrs and everyone will go--which will be CRAZY! So I am trying to enjoy this time with the older 3.

Where are you from? MA
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DS 8, DS 2.5, DS 6 month
When will you be going? - 10-24 - 11-2
Where are you staying? - 10/24 all star sports 10/25-11/1 BWI, 11/1 Nick Hotel
How did you pick your resort - We love BWI!!! Our favorite, stayed there last year and had to go back.
MNSSHP? - 10/27, my birthday!
Any other info. you would like to share? - we are going down for the "spoil me wrotten birthday trip" it seems mommy's birthday gets forgotten every year, so this year we are staying deluxe club level at my favorite resort! We ended up getting flights a day on each side of our trip, so we decided to try sports for 1 night...hey, I have 3 boys and to go to nick hotel 1 night for my oldest!

Our coutdown calendar! DS6 removes one each morning after waking, on his way downstairs. This is the wall where our stairs are. Of course this photo was taken a few weeks ago, we are now at 52 more sleeps.
IMG_2115.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm already planning our next trip for a year from now, just me and my two youngest boys. DH thinks I'm nuts, we haven't gotten to this years trip yet! LOL

TJBaggott-
That is a great calendar! Did you get in trouble from Home Depot for stealing all those paint chips? I am so going to make one for my girls!

Where are you from? Virginia!
Who will be going? - Myself, my mom, and my 5 year old princess! Girls only! ;0)
When will you be going? - October 1-8
Where are you staying? - off site, Marriotts Grande Vista
How did you pick your resort - We have a timeshare there :0)
MNSSHP? - Our first night 10/1! Never been before!
How are you filling time until your vacation? - I'm a wedding and portrait photographer, and I have 5 weddings over the next 4 weeks (YIKES!) and about 10 portrait sessions... Disney is my one real vacation this year! My excuse to leave the computer/photo editing at home for at least one week of the year :0)
Any other info. you would like to share? Lauren has been princess obsessed since she could talk, can't WAIT to see her face when she sees the castle and meets Cinderella for the first time! I'm sure I'm going to end up taking just as many pictures that week as I would at some of these weddings! :0)

TJBaggott-
That is a great calendar! Did you get in trouble from Home Depot for stealing all those paint chips? I am so going to make one for my girls!

We went once a week and took 15 to 20 samples at a time. The paint clerk just smiled. Recently though, another Diser mentioned how she took one of each color once, layed them all on a sheet of paper and scaned them, then made color copies. Hmmm that would have saved me several trips and a slightly guilty conscience! My son LOVES this countdown though.

Where are you from? MA
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DS (turns 4 during our trip!)
When will you be going? - October 16 through October 23
Where are you staying? - Port Orleans Riverside
How did you pick your resort - My brother has been to Disney too many times to count and he recommended Port Orleans.
MNSSHP? - Yes! We'll be at MNSSHP on my son's 4th birthday!
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Work takes up a lot of my time! Other than that, reading about Disney!

My DS is almost 4 and this is his 4th trip to DW. He's also been to DL! His birthday is during our trip and I'm so excited I can't stand it! We haven't told him yet and probably won't until the day before we go.

I'm sooo super excited I can't stand it!!!

Where are you from? NJ

Who will be going? Me, DH, DD(14), DS(3),DD(1) plus SIL, BIL and niece(3) will be there over a few same days, and my Sister and BIL and nepew (4) live in Orlando and will be coming out to see us/do parks too.

When will you be going?October 28th-November 5thDisney then 11/5-11/10 headded to Port Charlotte with a stop in Tampa to visit more family...

Where are you staying? Fort Wilderness Cabins

How did you pick your resort? Family size mostly, it was this or a Villa, and all though I had a reservation at the new BLT, I decided having a few extra bucks in my pocket would make the 2nd leg of our trip more special, especially after having to leave WDW behind :sad1:

MNSSHP? Yes with SIL AND BIL AND neice (3) on Thursday the 29th, thought it would be less crowded than Halloween night...

How are you filling your time until your vacation? why obsessively planning and stalking the Disboards of course!;):lmao:

Hello October friends! It is a rainy morning here in Illinois, so I have decided to get laundry done and start packing some clothes. I have already packed lost of supplies, but no clothes yet!

My ds's are cutting a link off of their countdown chain every morning now. It makes them very excited. I am going to post a few sales on ebay this weekend to try and make the money for our MNSSHP tickets. Wish me luck!

Happy planning all. We have a very busy September also, both at work and at home. It should make the month go by fast, I HOPE!!!

Where are you from? GA
Who will be going? - Me, DD10, DS7, 2 friends with 3 more kids 8 total going!
When will you be going? - Sept 30 - October 4
Where are you staying? - Allstar Sports
How did you pick your resort? This resort had the best discount for me
MNSSHP? - Yes! We'll be at MNSSHP on Oct 1
How are you filling time until your vacation? - going over my itinerary and packing and repacking!

This is my kids third time going and we are so excited! we are doing MNSSHP and Food and Wine, eating at T-rex, Tusker House and Sci-fi (its tradition).
I am also busy planning next years vacation, a cruise on the Wonder with a brief stopover at WDW and Universal!

Where are you from? - Bowling Green, KY
Who will be going? - Me-43, DH-43, DS-17, DD-14
When will you be going? - October 2 through October 11
Where are you staying? - All Star Sports
How did you pick your resort - Sports is the only value we haven't stayed in
MNSSHP? - Yes, 1st time
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, working on my park touring plan, starting to freak out a little, but excited at the same time, that its getting so close!
Any other info. you would like to share? - This will probably be our last family trip during October as DS will be graduating from high school next year and going to college. Our breaks won't be at the same time anymore.
Are you planning to do any "non-Disney" attractions while you are there? - We are going to UO/IOA a couple of days and DH and DS will be golfing one morning at Bay Hill Golf Course.

It's Saturday, What is everyone doing today? Someone is already to house cleaning/laundry and some packing (thinking I'll get around to that sometime this weekend).
But Today.... It's a beautiful day here in Ottawa. When we leave for our trip, my mother will stay here to look after our animals and my daycare children. SO, TODAY, I'm cleaning out and organizing the Garage, so we can park DH's car in there while we are gone, thus leaving the driveway for my mom to park in.
I picked up hanging bike holders, recycle bin hanging holders and other such gadgets to help organize the space. Believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to getting started on it. Perhaps because it means we're one step closer to Disney World!

Where are you from? - Georgia
Who will be going? - Me (35) Hubby (40) and Little Bit (5 mths)
When will you be going? - October 31 - November 7
Where are you staying? - Port Orleans Riverside
How did you pick your resort - Stayed in Jan. and loved it.
MNSSHP? - not this time
How are you filling time until your vacation? - enjoying life with baby boy
Any other info. you would like to share? - We've gone 18 times in our 10 yr marriage and always dreamed of taking our little one, now he's here and we're sooooooo excited...though a little nervous.
Any outside Disney parks? - Yes, we have free Universal tickets and will probably make it one day for a little while at least.

Hello

Where are you from? - Vail, AZ (outskirts of Tucson)
Who will be going? - Me, DH, DS8, DD7 & joining us later DA, 2 sets of great friends w/families:goodvibes
When will you be going? - Sept 29 - October 10 & then a hop on the Magc:boat:
Where are you staying? - POR, BCV & Magic
How did you pick your resort - We love:lovestruc the POR, BVC is being rented from an owner for the space & Magic for the timing.
MNSSHP? - I wish but probably not.
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Dis, crafting FE & stuff for FEs, PTA Board, Childcare provider, Chauffer, Chef........
Any other info. you would like to share? - We only travel "big" once every 3 years or so. We much prefer WDW to DL & if we're gonna fly; We're gonna stay awhile:thumbsup2

This is from 2006

Where are you from? -Southern MA
Who will be going? - Me, DH, and our 5 kids ages 10, 8, 6, 4, and 23 months at date of arrival.
When will you be going? - October 23 till November 7 baby!!!
Where are you staying? - Orangel Lakes North Village
How did you pick your resort - Staying on Disney property is either really uncomfortable or really expensive for a family our size.
MNSSHP? - Yup! Oct. 27th
How are you filling time until your vacation? - Disboards, sewing lots of custom outfits, making super cute iron on tee's and being a mom to 5 kids, which should be enough. lol.
Any other info. you would like to share? - We are driving from MA, and it is my DH's 31st Bday the day we go to MNSSHP!!!

Where are you from? -Central Illinois
Who will be going? - Me, dh, ds 10, ds6, dneph7, dmil, dfil, dsil
When will you be going? - October 3 through October 10
Where are you staying? - All Star Sports
How did you pick your resort - The boys picked it!
MNSSHP? - October 6
Any other info. you would like to share? - This is our second trip and We leave 30 days from TODAY:woohoo: First trip with the inlaws. We will be driving, but not straight through. I have started packing already!

I'm from central Illinois as well and have 3 boys...11,,8 and 2. We will also be driving and MNSSHP on Oct. 6th. Maybe we could meet up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter