Why are Disney Transport buses so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the thousands of visitors to WDW yearly how many know about or post on the DIS?
Algebra. Walt Disney World has millions, not mere thousands, or visitors annually.
Of the millions, thousands belong to the DIS.
Of the millions, thousands* reasonably have to be expected to have positive to neutral experiences, or negative experiences they opt to not complain about.
No, the two sets don't necessarily intersect (but they could.)
*really more like hundreds of thousands, or even fewer millions, but I have no intention of searching for numbers
And, posts of transportation issues are completely on topic.
:confused3 Yes, they are? What did I say to indicate otherwise?

Algebra. Walt Disney World has millions, not mere thousands, or visitors annually.
Of the millions, thousands* reasonably have to be expected to have positive to neutral experiences, or negative experiences they opt to not complain about.
*really more like hundreds of thousands, or even fewer millions, but I have no intention of searching for numbers

You didn't indicate otherwise nor did I say you did. Way to cherry pick a single sentence out of context...

Last edited:

Once again katie I said "thousands" just to represent the hordes that attend WDW yearly, not as an actual attendance figure.

Also of the thousands that are DIS members, most take it personally when a poster claims anything negative about WDW. Posters who complain are in the minority here. I've noticed from my years of posting on different boards that the majority of posters on any site would never claim something was wrong about the subject they love. But that doesn't mean they haven't had any bad experiences. It just means they could never bring themselves to post anything negative. I happen to call it like I see it. As much as I've praised WDW during the years, if I see a restaurant whose food quality has dropped, or the bus transportation on our trip was worse that we've ever seen I will post about it.

Last edited:
Thank you, Disney Ron. I agree with you. I am fairly new to the Dis but I find what you are saying is totally true. People on here have a totally different perspective than the general public or other people going to Disney and they don't understand. I felt like I was being personally singled out for attack when I didn't say anything to kaytieelder. I was posting my own experiences and opinions. The last attack was the final straw and I posted how I felt which she totally ignored and again singled out sentences in my whole post to attack. I am glad someone else can see what she is doing because I thought the Dis was a place I could voice my opinion without constant attack. I am not talking about someone disagreeing with me. What she is doing is way beyond that. I have been in disagreements with people on boards. What she is doing to me is on a whole other level. Again thanks for calling her out.

lamb, you can express your opinion on the DIS, but if it's a negative one, just make sure you're wearing a flame retardant suit.

Bingo! There is extreme pressure from uppermost management to keep costs low. As a result, middle and lower management is focused more on the appearance of efficiency than on Guest satisfaction. They want it look like they're saving money. even if they're not getting the job done in the best way. You can see it all around, from less frequent rest room cleaning to the cutting of little extras.

Funny, but my last couple of trips it was rare to enter a restroom and there not be someone cleaning it.

Also, a business who doesn't care what costs are is one that won't be around for long. Especially one that has stockholders.

And try not to let anyone make you feel your negative experiences are exaggerated. I think it’s helpful to know some other guests are having similar frustration.
Thanks for the encouragement. It is people like you and Disney Ron that give me hope for this board and why I am still here. If it was full of people attacking and accusing me of "exaggerating" everything I would have been gone already. There are plenty of other boards and sources of information about WDW out there. As a matter of fact the subject of bad bus service has been a common topic. Including posts about how bad it is from Disney bloggers. I tend to look at multiple sources not just Dis.

Thanks for the encouragement. It is people like you and Disney Ron that give me hope for this board and why I am still here. If it was full of people attacking and accusing me of "exaggerating" everything I would have been gone already. There are plenty of other boards and sources of information about WDW out there. As a matter of fact the subject of bad bus service has been a common topic. Including posts about how bad it is from Disney bloggers. I tend to look at multiple sources not just Dis.

You are welcome. I likewise frequent other boards. It’s good to get info from various sources, just like daily news. Don’t give up on the Dis, there’s a lot of good info to gain here. I was a lurker only for several years when I joined in 2002 before I got enough confidence to post, or ever more daunting, to start a thread. Got a tag from the “tag fairy” of “can’t even start a dead thread” way back in those days, amoung other tags. I have many dis friends who I have met up with at WDW over the years, one in particular I have met multiple times also in the city where I live. I hope you are blessed with similar experiences.

I don't blindly accept what I'm told...I only believe what I see.

Mike

Neither do I. But over 20 years of going to the parks I have seen (experienced) much more good bus service than bad.

But I am also not one to sit at the bus stop and look at my watch every 2 minutes going Uh-oh---they better get here soon or they will miss the 20 minute mark!! I get the feeling some posters do.

Seems to me people have all sorts of experiences with busses, good, bad and indifferent. No difference to me if they are checking their watches. I guess we all are checking Disney bus time boards though right? Nothing wrong with that.

You didn't indicate otherwise nor did I say you did. Way to cherry pick a single sentence out of context...
Okay, here's the entire response
And, posts of transportation issues are completely on topic. You seem to need to reply to everyone of them as if it’s a quest to show us the error of our ways...as if your lack of transportation issues are somehow proof the rest of us don’t have the right to be annoyed.
and I remain completely confused what, when I said nothing about being on or off topic, instigated the response of this subject being on topic for this forum. I know it is.
Once again katie I said "thousands" just to represent the hordes that attend WDW yearly, not as an actual attendance figure.
Okay. I get that to a degree, but thousands barely represents the hordes that visit daily.

I don't blindly accept what I'm told...I only believe what I see.

Mike

Exactly Mike, I couldn't have stated it any better myself. When I wait 45 minutes at the POFQ bus stop to go to DHS then Disney can tell me anything they want, but I'm the one standing there waiting for 45 minutes.

Neither do I. But over 20 years of going to the parks I have seen (experienced) much more good bus service than bad.

But I am also not one to sit at the bus stop and look at my watch every 2 minutes going Uh-oh---they better get here soon or they will miss the 20 minute mark!! I get the feeling some posters do.

maxiesmom, what you and katie don't seem to get is I said I've been going to WDW for 30 years almost every year some years 3 times in that 1 year and this year was the first time we noticed the bus waits being terrible. I think some of you are taking it too seriously. That's 1 trip in 30 years that I've complained about the buses. We usually rent a vehicle because we like to explore resorts, or eat at other resorts and would rather be in our own car sitting than standing like packed in sardines on a bus. But even through the years we had a car we still used the bus at times with no complaints. But this year the wait times were noticeable. And I don't mean every bus, on our first day at WL we were walking up to the bus stop at the resort to go to DAK and the bus pulls up as we arrive. No wait time at all.

What really bothers me is that Disney in their quest for the almighty dollar now charges parking for people with cars on resort stays. So now there goes that option for us since I refuse to pay 5-6 hundred dollars for a rental and parking fee. So like I stated we will now be using Uber more to make our trips more enjoyable unless next year the bus situation has improved.

Last edited:

lambdabeta, you will never see an entity defended like you will see WDW on the DIS. Posters take it so personally you'd think you were talking about their parents or children. Do all these defenders never have bad transportation, bad food or any bad experiences at WDW. Sure they do, but for some reason they'll never admit it, choosing to reprimand anyone who would dare say something wasn't up to par at WDW. I've never understood that mindset, because I can be critical about the bus service over my recent stay, but I guarantee I love WDW as much as anyone else on this site. My daughter tells people the reason she wanted to and now works for WDW is because of how much she loved it growing up thanks to me. I always have Disney resort and parks music playing and we've only been home a week from this years trip and I'm already researching next years stay at the BWI.

So take it with a grain of salt.

BTW I've also read other sites recently with posters complaining about the buses, but they must just be delusional like we are.:goodvibes

Last edited:
maxiesmom, what you and katie don't seem to get is I said I've been going to WDW for 30 years almost every year some years 3 times in that 1 year and this year was the first time we noticed the bus waits being terrible.
"...this year was the first time..." is the same as saying "...this year is the only time..." I still don 't understand how this equates to being the new normal, what eery visitor should expect on every bus trip ever after.
Do all these defenders never have bad transportation, bad food or any bad experiences at WDW. Sure they do, but for some reason they'll never admit it, choosing to reprimand anyone who would dare say something wasn't up to par at WDW.
'Disagree' and 'reprimand' aren't synonymous. Neither are 'bad' and 'less than stellar'. I woukd venture that we have different expectations, different life experiences, different tolerances, different attitudes from those who complain.

"...this year was the first time..." is the same as saying "...this year is the only time..." I still don 't understand how this equates to being the new normal, what eery visitor should expect on every bus trip ever after.

'Disagree' and 'reprimand' aren't synonymous. Neither are 'bad' and 'less than stellar'. I woukd venture that we have different expectations, different life experiences, different tolerances, different attitudes from those who complain.

katie, once again who in this thread is stating the recent bus experiences is the "new norm" except for you who chooses to read that into mine and everyone else's posts? All we've stated is what has been our most recent experience, how does that equate to how it'll be going forward?

And please don't give me the disagree against reprimand crap. Once again I'm not talking about you, but in other threads I've seen posters attacked during the years for having a negative opinion on a subject concerning WDW. So much so that over the years posters have stopped posting here and gone to other sites.

Lastly for 30 years of visits WDW has gotten me used to bus waits of 20 minutes or less whether it was at a value, moderate or deluxe resort. So now this year most of our bus waits were between 30-50 minutes I'm not supposed to wonder what's going on? Sorry but for the money we all spend for our Disney vacations I do expect some things to be the same. If they continue to be like this past trip I will make the necessary adjustments to make our stay more enjoyable. I'm sorry I don't seem as "tolerant" as yourself. I guess I don't get credit for the 29 years I never complained about anything. Let's just agree to disagee on this one issue since I'm never going to convince you of my point of view, and you won't convince me of yours.

Have a great weekend!!!:thumbsup2

Okay, here's the entire response
And, posts of transportation issues are completely on topic. You seem to need to reply to everyone of them as if it’s a quest to show us the error of our ways...as if your lack of transportation issues are somehow proof the rest of us don’t have the right to be annoyed.
and I remain completely confused what, when I said nothing about being on or off topic, instigated the response of this subject being on topic for this forum. I know it is.
Since I obviously didn't make myself clear let me spell it out. The point was that this thread is about bad bus experiences and you seem to need to treat each post like it's somehow so anomalous that there shouldn’t even be any discussion...as if you can’t let members have this discussion without trying to show us we’re wrong over and over again. Nearly to the point of hijacking the thread.

Not to mention your incessant jumping to conclusions about what other members posts mean. Maybe you should read your own title under your avatar.

When there's a thread I don't like, I just don't read it. It's much easier on everyone that way.

Mike

Exactly Mike, I couldn't have stated it any better myself. When I wait 45 minutes at the POFQ bus stop to go to DHS then Disney can tell me anything they want, but I'm the one standing there waiting for 45 minutes.
For us the amount of time traveling from place to place is important to us. Honestly, even if I could count on a bus within 20 minutes I would still use rental/Uber/Lyft to maximize our vacation time. After all, having the most stress-free time with my family is what vacation is all about. :)

When we were there last Dec. we had a rental and our travel time averaged about 15 minutes from resort to park. A couple of minutes longer going the other way. That amounts to 30-45 to and from our resort. That’s certainly shorter than the typical time for the complementary transportation.

However, Disney seems to know that there is a significant percentage of travel times that are longer than “typical”. I believe that’s why they recommend allowing 1.5 hours to travel within WDW. That could potentially amount to 2-3 hours to and from a resort on any given day...much as 25% of a given day. AFAIC, that's more than I would like to spend traveling. And, it almost amounts to a disincentive to park hopping.

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter