Why are Disney Transport buses so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
katie, once again who in this thread is stating the recent bus experiences is the "new norm" except for you who chooses to read that into mine and everyone else's posts?
"Why are..." No room for any other experience. Not, " who's had...? or, "what kind of..." or, frankly, anything less adamant. The way a question is asked affects the way it's read.
Look at it from the opposite pov. How many times in those 29 years was a positive thread about WDW bus service started? Excellent, great, good, standard, even neutral?

"...this year was the first time..." is the same as saying "...this year is the only time..." I still don 't understand how this equates to being the new normal, what eery visitor should expect on every bus trip ever after.

'Disagree' and 'reprimand' aren't synonymous. Neither are 'bad' and 'less than stellar'. I woukd venture that we have different expectations, different life experiences, different tolerances, different attitudes from those who complain.
I understand what you are saying to Disney Ron but that is no excuse for what you have said to me. He was responding to me. Kaytieeldr, you have disagreed and reprimanded me in this thread multiple times. So he may not be talking about himself but I assure you I am talking about you and me. Having to respond to certain people in a thread is more than just disagreeing. I noticed you didn't disagree with EVERYONE who said they had a bad experience.

As far as Disney Ron's experience not equating to being the new normal, actually it has been this way for years. I have read multiple threads and blogs on this subject from different places including the DIS last year before I went to Disney. I came to the conclusion based on that and the experiences I personally had in 2002 staying at GF that the buses were still a problem at the deluxe resorts and decided to rent a car to get to the parks that required one. I had the most pleasant trip because of it. I am SAYING I personally had issues with crowded buses and long waits in 2002. I am NOT EXAGGERATING i.e. lying. I am not the only one who thinks this. When I did my original research I found many places that suggested not using Disney buses because they were unreliable, this has been an issue for years. Contrary to what you'd like to believe or claim you experienced. In my more recent research I am finding the same advise for this year even with the new app. I actually find it interesting that those on the Dis that have gone to WDW a lot over the years haven't complained more but I figured it was because they weren't complainers not because it didn't happen to them.

The biggest problem I have with your responses is you take one sentence totally out of context and then defending it and ignoring the rest of the post. That is a tactic that tries to change the meaning of what the PP was saying so you can try to sway readers to your opinion. Unless the reader doesn't read the PP they won't know the whole story and will probably agree with you. Thank heavens most readers of these posts don't do that and they see what you are doing. I got it a long time ago that you don't think Disney bus transportation is bad, well I do. I have explained my reasons why but yet you don't seem to want to accept that I don't agree with you. To the point of picking sentences out of conversations I had with other people to argue with me about. In my first post you had to pick the sentence about ADR's and explain it to me like I was a child. I am not. I stand behind what I said then and everything I have said since. I haven't changed my story like several others on this thread.(BTW, I am not talking about you) Disney knows it is a problem as evidenced by the posts you even agreed with about how the buses run. It was also posted by multiple people who either know someone who works for WDW or work there themselves. They are not ALL lying or as others have said "exaggerating". I don't understand your attitude that people think this is the "new norm". This has been going on for years and has been the "old norm" that MAY be getting worse. Like it or not my opinion will never agree with yours and you will never agree with me.

Last edited:
Neither do I. But over 20 years of going to the parks I have seen (experienced) much more good bus service than bad.

But I am also not one to sit at the bus stop and look at my watch every 2 minutes going Uh-oh---they better get here soon or they will miss the 20 minute mark!! I get the feeling some posters do.
I don't understand. You don't accept things blindly but you expect me to take your word for it that Disney knows how best to run its buses, to believe them when they say there buses arrive at approximate intervals and to trust your 20 years of experience. I'm sorry but I believe what I have experienced myself and what I have read in the many other threads, boards and blogs of people with lots of experience over one person's experience.

As far as watching a clock isn't that what the new bus times in the app is about? I also have no problem with someone looking at their watch when they get to a bus stop because how would they ever know how long they actually waited if they didn't. This goes for any wait. Restaurant, ride line or bus stop. Some people under estimate their wait times and others over estimate when you use how you feel. How do you know you don't wait more than 20 mins if you don't look at your watch? Watching clocks is how TP's came up with their wait app. They actually got in ride lines and watched their clocks.

I noticed you didn't disagree with EVERYONE who said they had a bad experience.
I disagree with statements, not posters. I don't look at whom I'm quoting when I respond - just to what.
As far as Disney Ron's experience not equating to being the new normal, actually it has been this way for years.
Even DisneyRon clearly has not had this same experience, as indicated by the several times he specified having no issues in the previous 29 years.
The biggest problem I have with your responses is you take one sentence totally out of context and then defending it and ignoring the rest of the post. That is a tactic that tries to change the meaning of what the PP was saying so you can try to sway readers to your opinion. Unless the reader doesn't read the PP they won't know the whole story
Providing my experience and opinions in no way is intended or expected to sway anybody. As for taking a single statement, well, I consider it pointless for me and a waste of bandwidth and my time to requote 500 words when I am replying directly to two sentences.
To the point of picking sentences out of conversations I had with other people to argue with me about.
Providing one's own point of view, even experience, isn't intended to be argumentative. A public discussion on an internet forum is, well, a public discussion.
In my first post you had to pick the sentence about ADR's and explain it to me like I was a child.
It's regrettable that anyone feels an explanation of why Disney suggests allowing 90 minutes to get to an ADR is explaining like the addressee is a child. This thread has had over 4,400 views in the last six days. Odds are at least some of those readers either haven't been before, or wonder why Disney recommends 90 minutes. My response wasn't personal.

I don't understand. You don't accept things blindly but you expect me to take your word for it that Disney knows how best to run its buses, to believe them when they say there buses arrive at approximate intervals and to trust your 20 years of experience. I'm sorry but I believe what I have experienced myself and what I have read in the many other threads, boards and blogs of people with lots of experience over one person's experience.

As far as watching a clock isn't that what the new bus times in the app is about? I also have no problem with someone looking at their watch when they get to a bus stop because how would they ever know how long they actually waited if they didn't. This goes for any wait. Restaurant, ride line or bus stop. Some people under estimate their wait times and others over estimate when you use how you feel. How do you think TP's came up with their wait app? They actually got in ride lines and watched their clocks.
I guess I don't understand now. You originally said you had bad experience with buses in 2002 and vowed then not to use their system. I guess I'm confused why WDW bus system - which you seemingly don't utilize - operations are such a sore point?

I disagree with statements, not posters. I don't look at whom I'm quoting when I respond - just to what.

Even DisneyRon clearly has not had this same experience, as indicated by the several times he specified having no issues in the previous 29 years.

Providing my experience and opinions in no way is intended or expected to sway anybody. As for taking a single statement, well, I consider it pointless for me and a waste of bandwidth and my time to requote 500 words when I am replying directly to two sentences.

Providing one's own point of view, even experience, isn't intended to be argumentative. A public discussion on an internet forum is, well, a public discussion.

It's regrettable that anyone feels an explanation of why Disney suggests allowing 90 minutes to get to an ADR is explaining like the addressee is a child. This thread has had over 4,400 views in the last six days. Odds are at least some of those readers either haven't been before, or wonder why Disney recommends 90 minutes. My response wasn't personal.
Really? I guess you can't help yourself. You just keep proving my point over and over. Thanks for your predictability. :sad2:

I guess I don't understand now. You originally said you had bad experience with buses in 2002 and vowed then not to use their system. I guess I'm confused why WDW bus system - which you seemingly don't utilize - operations are such a sore point?
Again taking things out of context and misinterpreting it. The statement you highlighted has nothing to do with bus system operations. Nice way to try to change the subject.

As far as watching a clock isn't that what the new bus times in the app is about? I also have no problem with someone looking at their watch when they get to a bus stop because how would they ever know how long they actually waited if they didn't. This goes for any wait. Restaurant, ride line or bus stop. Some people under estimate their wait times and others over estimate when you use how you feel. How do you know you don't wait more than 20 mins if you don't look at your watch? Watching clocks is how TP's came up with their wait app. They actually got in ride lines and watched their clocks.

Let me say again, I have had way for good experiences with the buses then bad. Am I lucky, or are the guests who have had bad experiences unlucky? I don't doubt people have had horrible experiences with the buses. But I do doubt that it is the new normal.

What I trust in Disney for is to get guests to the parks as efficiently as possible so that they will spend as much money in the parks as possible.

Let me say again, I have had way for good experiences with the buses then bad. Am I lucky, or are the guests who have had bad experiences unlucky? I don't doubt people have had horrible experiences with the buses. But I do doubt that it is the new normal.

What I trust in Disney for is to get guests to the parks as efficiently as possible so that they will spend as much money in the parks as possible.

I trust that Disney will cut corners wherever possible to cut costs, reduce ride capacity and therefore staff in the parks, and anything else.

Repeating yourself has nothing to do with my post to you. I was talking about the double standard of how you don't take things blindly but yet you want everyone else to. That has nothing to do with your years of experience or whether or not Disney has good or bad buses. :rolleyes:

Repeating yourself has nothing to do with my post to you. I was talking about the double standard of how you don't take things blindly but yet you want everyone else to. That has nothing to do with your years of experience or whether or not Disney has good or bad buses. :rolleyes:

Just ignore the rest of my post to try and prove you are right somehow. There you go.8-)

I trust that Disney will cut corners wherever possible to cut costs, reduce ride capacity and therefore staff in the parks, and anything else.
This sounds as if Walt Disney World is the wrong vacation destination for you.

Again taking things out of context and misinterpreting it. The statement you highlighted has nothing to do with bus system operations. Nice way to try to change the subject.
it appears i can't say or do anything that pleases you. Please use the Ignore feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter