• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why can't I choose room preferences with online check in?

I am seeing the same issues and the cast member I spoke with also said it could not be added by them. She was not helpful or kind AT ALL.
Hoping for better tomorrow.

Don't suppose you jotted down the name of this ever so 'UN' helpful CM? Someone needs retraining, for whatever good it would do. A 2nd phone call and a request to speak to a supervisor is in order if you got a phone number

Definitely got a name, and plan on calling again today or tomorrow. I also took that survey at the end of the call. I know it will get sorted out and be fine in the end, but a non-functioning website and an unhelpful CM? I expect more from Disney. I guess we will see today. Third time is a charm, right?

I'm so sorry people are getting that response from phone CM that they cannot add room requests. I just did this two days ago myself with no problem on the phone. The CM was very nice and helpful. Definitely call again, that is ridiculous that they are not trained better than that.

On a side note: Online Check In still doesn't have the room request options today either for me.

While it's no reason for the response from the CM as we all know they can take notes and add them to the reservation I wonder if their online drop down box/check box, whathaveyou, is also broken at this time and that's why they are giving this answer? Crazy stuff these days for sure. It's highly annoying that they can't get the website issues fixed. I have to add a night to our reservation today and I'm dreading the phone call. It's always an ordeal to call them. I wish I could do it all online but I'm one of the "un"lucky ones that finds the "change reservation" function on the website doesn't work. I click it and it just takes me right back to my Reservations page

I tried this morning and the only options I had were Near Elevator and the one if you wanted early check in. Staying at Sports.

I do want to toss out there that those of you who like me, hate to call, can use the room request service with Touring Plans. I believe the feature is only offered to members, though I'm not 100% on that. You have to create a trip on the dashboard area of their site and I'm not sure if that feature is available on the free accounts or only on the paid. But once you do, you can enter the resort, select a room and edit a fax to include whatever notes you'd like to send to the room assigner. I've had excellent luck with the requests personally. I have such a dislike calling that I use the fax service and hope for the best. Honestly, I think it's got just as good a chance of working as calling does. Anyway, just a thought in case it helps someone.

I even used it to note, request and get (luckily) connecting rooms last year. I included on the requests for each stay the confirmation number of the reservation number of the other room we wanted to connect with.

Making requests via central reservations gives you more options, you aren’t limited to online check in requests which gives very few options. I do both, the simplified online check in options, and give more detailed request via phone.

I understand and that is probably what I will be doing. Generally, all I really need is 1 or 2 choices. Upper floor usually being the primary, the other, if it applies, being a water view at some resorts. So in the past, I haven't felt any need to call reservations for these kinds of requests. Until now, of course.

I just called to try to have my room requests added, and the CM was so rude. His exact words were "The website isn't broken. It works fine." I replied with "Well, I'm having issues. Can you please add my requests for me?" And he said "Unfortunately, it has to be done thru online check-in." I said "You mean to tell me you can't pull up my reservation and add the two room request options, that I would do online if the website was working as it should?" And he said "Ma'am, there's nothing I can do to help you with this." SO THERE'S THAT FUN STORY.

Yes, getting his name and that little survey at the end of the call is helpful but don't know how seriously Disney will take it. Hopefully, VERY!

Last edited:
Did you happen to get his name and that little survey at the end of the call when you get to log your experience with the creep?

I got his name and took the survey, yes! I don't think I would consider him a "creep," though. Just severely lacking in regards to training, OR having a bad day. Definitely doesn't make my life or Disney experience easier - but like I said, it'll get sorted out. :)

I got his name and took the survey, yes! I don't think I would consider him a "creep," though. Just severely lacking in regards to training, OR having a bad day. Definitely doesn't make my life or Disney experience easier - but like I said, it'll get sorted out. :)
I removed the "creep" part as maybe that's a bit strong but he definitely shouldn't be on the phones. I've been fortunate as I've never run across him or anyone like him but I guess there's always that chance. I think I'll go with Touring Plans for this. I've been a member for a few years and I hear it has a pretty good track record and I despise calling Disney reservations.

I did online checked in at our 60 day mark. Now it keeps telling me to do online check in. Like others have said I go to select room request and there is nothing to click. Its not a big deal this trip as we have a preferred room so no need to request our favorite area but I do like to request highest floor. It lessens the number of critters spending the night with you. :)

Update on OLCI 9-28-2017.... We check daily.
OLCI still broken. Known bugs...

1) OLCI will reject your CC on file as being expired before check out. Pick "Add", pick "CC on file" - all is good.
2) OLCI Room requests limited to "Upper Floor" or "Near Elevator"
3) Neither 1) or 2) matter. OLCI is not communicating with the Back End Database (BEDB). Choose anything - the system will not remember your choices when you check BACK the next hour, or day.

OLCI is broken. CALL CALL CALL CALL...

I'm having the same problem. Been checking everyday for over a week and there are no selections to select from in the drop down menu prompts. Frustrated. But still so excited!

Update on OLCI 9-29-2017.... We check daily.
OLCI still broken. Known bugs...

1) OLCI will reject your CC on file as being expired before check out. Pick "Add", pick "CC on file" - all is good.
2) OLCI Room requests limited to "Upper Floor" or "Near Elevator"
3) Neither 1) or 2) matter. OLCI is not communicating with the Back End Database (BEDB). Choose anything - the system will not remember your choices when you check BACK the next hour, or day.

OLCI is broken. CALL CALL CALL CALL...

I ended up calling the main Disney number after more attempts to add room requests. After 20 minutes on hold a CM answered but the connection was poor and after a few minutes of "Hello can you hear me?" from each of us I was able to shout out my requests. I then had to call DVC to add requests to our second part of the reservation. The CM admitted that there were problems with the system and added my requests.

I'm arriving at Pop Century in a week and was worried when my old room request disappeared from the Online Check-In. I called today to confirm it and the 2 cast members I talked to couldn't have been nicer. The whole thing took 5 minutes tops. The woman at Pop Century even saw that I was doing a solo trip and suggested some other requests that would put me in quieter areas away from tons of kids. A+

Had the same problem almost a month ago the boxes would only say select. Then I would close my browser and one box might have selections but the other wouldn't. I did get both boxes a couple times but it wouldn't save my selections when I went back to check on MDE. Had to call DVC and have them add my requests since I'm staying in a DVC room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter