Why can't I stay logged in?

I am also having trouble staying logged in. My post are invisible also - the thread says it is there but I can't see it. :badpc:

This has been happening to me for weeks now. I have cleared the cookies and everything more than once and I still have to log in every time I go to this site. I am not having problems with any other site remembering me, just this one. :cool2:

I'm with everyone else about this. Wouldn't you think everyone would have this problem? What's everyone else who's not on this thread doing to stay logged on?

Just out of curiosity, what OS are you all using? I'm using Mac OS X. Maybe we can find some common thread among those of us having trouble :confused3

we had this problem after an upgrade a few months ago most people were able to fix it by :
Try this
Log out
clear cookies
log back in

you may also have to manually delete some cookies

BINGO!:thumbsup2

Just clearing cookies didn't work for me. I went to "Preferences", chose "Show Cookies", and searched for 'disboards'. There were several disboard cookies that I highlighted and clicked to "Remove Cookie", crossed my fingers, hid some Easter eggs, and went to bed.

We're up way too early this AM :rolleyes:, but once the eggs were found, I thought I'd check to see if I'm logged in. I am :dance3:!!

Thank you, WebmasterAlex :worship:

BINGO!:thumbsup2

Just clearing cookies didn't work for me. I went to "Preferences", chose "Show Cookies", and searched for 'disboards'. There were several disboard cookies that I highlighted and clicked to "Remove Cookie", crossed my fingers, hid some Easter eggs, and went to bed.

We're up way too early this AM :rolleyes:, but once the eggs were found, I thought I'd check to see if I'm logged in. I am :dance3:!!

Thank you, WebmasterAlex :worship:
:thumbsup2 Yup...this is it!! you have to do a manual search and find them and delete them!
For anyone unsure...on windows xp, make sure you are logged out of DIS... go to the tools tab at the top of the page, select Internet options, then where it says browsing history, there is a delete button and a settings button....make sure the delete browsing history on exit box is unchecked, and hit the delete button, make sure the boxes for preserve favorites website data and temporary internet files ARE checked! (this will save you having to log into every other site you use) the rest are unchecked then hit delete. next hit the settings button right beside that delete button, then hit the show files button. a giant list of stuff will show up.... on the far right hit the last checked tab till todays date is showing from the top of the list....scroll down and you will find probably 2 DIS cookies, right click to highlight them, then select delete. if you search for the cookies by name you will only find one of them...one goes hiding...you hit the "last checked" tab and they will both show in todays date. This is where I was having problems before. Been logged in for a while now...so I'm thinking it's fixed for me!:thumbsup2

Well, I deleted my Dis cookies, logged in this afternoon, did some other things, logged back in 15 minutes later and it worked! :thumbsup2 However, just came back to the page after a few hours away and it did not save my info and I had to log in again. :headache: This is getting very frustrating!

Well, I deleted my Dis cookies, logged in this afternoon, did some other things, logged back in 15 minutes later and it worked! :thumbsup2 However, just came back to the page after a few hours away and it did not save my info and I had to log in again. :headache: This is getting very frustrating!

I'm still logged in after 3 days... did you try to follow what I posted? it seriously took all those steps to get it fixed for me.. :confused3

Yes, I manually deleted all of the cookies for disboards. Had to sign in again this morning. :mad: UGH! This is not happening to me on any other site that has to remember me, just Disboards, so I can I assume that this is a problem with the webiste and not my computer?

Yes, I manually deleted all of the cookies for disboards. Had to sign in again this morning. :mad: UGH! This is not happening to me on any other site that has to remember me, just Disboards, so I can I assume that this is a problem with the webiste and not my computer?

I hate to say no, because honestly I do know how frustrating it is...it was for me too! but I know now even when I was sure it was not my computer that it was.... It took a couple of weeks for me to get it fixed....there has just got to be a cookie hiding there.... the other thing to do is to log out of here, then do the first part of what I said...but do the opposite fo what I said for the checking and unchecking of the boxes so you are not keeping anything...delete everything...this will be a pain cause you'll have to sign in again to all your other websites, re enter any saved internet bank information like numbers etc. but it's a good idea to do it once in a while anyway, do a thorough houseclean so to speak. just make sure you've got all your passwords etc. written down somewhere in advance... when you go to the final part where you click show files, delete anything that's left in there. :badpc:

Sorry - I was asking for assistance but it seems to be ok now. Thank you to previous posters for your help.

we had this problem after an upgrade a few months ago most people were able to fix it by :
Try this
Log out
clear cookies
log back in

Just wanted to bump this and confirm this fixed my problem (l am a Google Chrome user). I had cleared the cookies, etc but wasn't staying logged in until I followed this formula. No problems now.

Also wanted to note the problem started when I changed my password.

Thanks!

I started another thread, but no one ever responded, so thought I would try here. I have cleared my cookies, but continue to have the problem of not being remembered when I come on the Dis. And now, I am actually having to log on multiple times while I am on the Dis. This is the only site I am having problems with as well. I cleared my cookies and then had DH go back through and make sure there was nothing hiding.
Any ideas?

ETA: May have fixed it. Not holding my breath, but so far so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter