• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why didnt Lebron to the Lakers work ?

He will never be considered as good as Jordan because he had to jump ship, depending on Bosh doing the same, in order to finally win a championship, and he has lost just as many as he has won. One of the best for sure, but not #1.

That depends on who you ask. I listen to a lot of sports radio. Many say he is already greater than Jordan. I don't think you can truly say which is better, as the game has changed so much. But I do have a soft spot for the giant strides in the air with the tongue hanging out. But both men are greats, no doubt about it.

T
He will never be considered as good as Jordan because he had to jump ship, depending on Bosh doing the same, in order to finally win a championship, and he has lost just as many as he has won. One of the best for sure, but not #1.

I agree, but that might be a generational thing, the great ones dont team hop, if they do, there excluded from being the best ever (Lebron, Durant)

The other " talent" on the team, the West conference and age. Maybe if he stayed in the East going to Boston ( if Kyrie ok'd it) , Philadelphia or someone else who had some talent it might have been different.

That depends on who you ask. I listen to a lot of sports radio. Many say he is already greater than Jordan. I don't think you can truly say which is better, as the game has changed so much. But I do have a soft spot for the giant strides in the air with the tongue hanging out. But both men are greats, no doubt about it.

Oh I agree with that. While I am sad I missed the Bird-Johnson years, I am glad to have been a sports fan both during the Jordan run and LeBron's whole career. It really is a 1.a and 1.b sort of thing, not a lightyear's difference. And I hope I'm wrong about him slowing down, but it certainly does look that way right now. Maybe with a long summer off he will be back to his old self next year. Especially once the Lakers magically get the #1 pick and select Zion Williamson...

Which begs the question, do you think Zion will be as great in the pros as he was in college? I think about 3/4 of the sports commentators out there LOVE him!

Which begs the question, do you think Zion will be as great in the pros as he was in college? I think about 3/4 of the sports commentators out there LOVE him!

I dont know, but I hope he lives up to the hype

I see him as a more athletic, less obnoxious Draymond Green. Dunks are still only worth 2 points, but he does hustle more than many on the court. He should have a long and productive career with some cool highlights, but won't be able to take a team on his shoulders and win it all for them. Worth a #1 pick though.

A lot of good answers and theory's but in the end, I am right :p LA swallows up good people. Our as the great Philosopher Archie Bunker once said "LA does something to a mans pants "

Shaq & Kobe did pretty well there, until Kobe decided he didn't like Shaq dimming his star & pushed him out. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, etc. didn't have a problem winning there. I don't think it's the location. It's the players they have signed in the past few decades & the fact that they've allowed some of them to control the team.

Last edited:

One adapted their game as they go older to play to their strengths. The other continued to depend on their athleticism & didn't develop their game to account for aging. I wonder how many of these people who think Lebron is better actually saw MJ play his entire career.

Last edited:
Well - I never really figured out what Lebron's particular skillset was supposed to be. He's never been a great shooter. As a dunker he's been fine. What I recall most about him when he first came into the NBA was that he was supposed to be a great passer. He was kind of skinny at the time, so I guess that was suppose to be his great talent.

But he's 6'7" with reasonable quickness. But I watch him play and his particular skill these days seems to be bullying his way to the basket. There was talk about him being a great defender, but at his age he seems to take a lot of plays off to conserve his energy for offense.

But I suppose the thing is that a lot of players see the clown show that follows him - where Lebron calls the shots, and the owner/GM follows his orders. He's gotten a few coaches fired in Cleveland, and just got another one fired on the Lakers. He's basically begged for certain players to be acquired or re-signed (Love and Tristan Thompson) where they've been a financial burden on the team. Then he leaves. Everything has to be remade to his liking, and I'm not sure other free agents want to be part of that mess. I think the Lakers have the cap space to sign a max contract free agent, but it seems like Kawhi Leonard doesn't want in. Paul George had a chance and said no way; heck - he preferred to play with Russell Westbrook. In short, who really wants to deal with Lebron's ego?

The other " talent" on the team, the West conference and age. Maybe if he stayed in the East going to Boston ( if Kyrie ok'd it) , Philadelphia or someone else who had some talent it might have been different.

Obviously, I can't stand Duke, but from everything I've read Kyrie wasn't the problem in Cleveland. From what I've read, it was another Kobe/Shaq situation.

I don't think he will be dominant, but he can be an all star, if he adjusts his game. He needs to learn to do more than bull people over & dunk. If he continues to carry that much weight & depend solely on athleticism, his body will quickly wear out.

I see him as a more athletic, less obnoxious Draymond Green. Dunks are still only worth 2 points, but he does hustle more than many on the court. He should have a long and productive career with some cool highlights, but won't be able to take a team on his shoulders and win it all for them. Worth a #1 pick though.

If I had the #1 pick, I'd take RJ Barrett. Zion has more fans, but I think Barrett has more upside.

Last edited:

"Many"? I've heard a few say LeBron is better. I'm not sure about many. Nearly everyone I listen to picks MJ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter