• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why don't we do a little day drinking? - F&W 2015 - Update 12/11 Bonus EPCOT Night!

What's Up Buddy?

My husband and I must have been super beat and overly tired. We both had been dead asleep before 10:00PM and didn’t wake up naturally until 8:20AM. I was shocked when I saw the time on the clock! I quickly got dressed and outside to complete my 1 mile training run for Rebel Challenge. I ended up completing 1.16 miles as the loop around the resorts was only 0.8 miles and I needed to get some more distance so I headed over to EPCOT and back before calling it quits.

OHL08GZ.png

Back in the room, my husband was already ready for the day so I quickly showered and got dressed. Sometime after 9:00AM, we slowly started walking towards EPCOT and headed into the Festival Center. At the Festival Center, we were checked in by the slowest employee that I’ve seen work at the center and she was getting no help. At least it made the time go as by the time we were checked in, they were just starting to let people inside for seating.

YEIuERC.jpg

We were served our glass of Martini Prosecco and allowed to seat ourselves at our assigned tables.

EEH3tEa.jpg

Menu

The table was already set with the pastries & fresh fruit. Since we had done this before, we knew to dive right in as the first 45 minutes of this event was just going to be the first half of the food on the menu and no talking from presenting. This time we were happy with the fruit and the pastries.

pk5UdEs.jpg

Fresh Variety of Douche France Breakfast Breads & Pastries AKA Croissant & Danish

4FT5lBt.jpg

Season Fresh Fruit & Berries in Martini Chiller

Zas5yHD.jpg

Super Happy?

Unlike the event in early October, I wasn’t as in love with this dish. The egg tatin was still amazing but the Pork Belly was like chewing rubber as it was super overcooked and dried out. That made me super sad as I love a good pork belly.

AIJJubX.jpg

Artisan Cheese & Duck Egg Tatin w/ Roasted Onion Jam & Balsamic Reduction - Bourbon Maple Glazed Pork Belly w/ Wilted GReens - Roasted Marble Potatoes w/ Baby Fennel

As we had this dish, Pam and Buddy finally came out to the stage to begin his presentation. It began talking about how he took over the bakery at the age of 17 and that he wanted to make his own name for himself after seeing his father receive so many visitors after his passing. He discussed how he’s expanding his business but is finding it difficult to deal with the keeping the small shop feel in all this expansion as you can’t always get people that care as much as you.

For the dish he demonstrated to the crowd, he gave us a story about how this is actually his wife’s dish that he helped once he convinced her to use breadcrumbs instead of just flour.

Photos of Buddy’s Presentation:

3n0nq11.jpg

SnA0Yk5.jpg

BJIuPNZ.jpg

jKeNZYW.jpg

v7S7p2x.jpg

Eggplant Parmesan is a dish I would have never ordered in a restaurant as the few times I’ve had it the eggplant was super mushy and there wasn’t a ton of flavor with the dish. Buddy’s Eggplant was completely different. There was a crunch to the eggplant with the coating and there was a ton of cheese on top and in the ramekin. Coat almost anything in Mozzarella and I’ll love it ;)

1eUceAW.jpg

Eggplant Parmesan

While he was taking questions, we were served a cannoli. This wasn’t demonstrated but still was super enjoyable! He discussed his blend of ricotta (using two different types)

mC7lp1h.jpg

Cannoli

This event was really enjoyable for me! My husband was confused as when we signed up, he thought we were going to see the chef from Charm City Cakes, not this one. He wasn’t feeling well though and didn’t eat a lot of the food given to us. We headed back to the Beach Club for him to take some Aleve and for us to drop off our menus and pick up our waivers before heading to Wide World of Sports.​

Not A Money Sink!

Around 12:30PM, we walked down to our vehicle and I drove over to Wide World of Sports. The parking lot was a mad house and we ended up getting forced to park on the grass. I was super happy we were in my husband’s Jeep this trip as my little Prius C hates driving on grass/dirt/etc.

We treked to the buildings, stopping along the way for some photographs.

8oWGSo3.jpg

lnDl1Zk.jpg

We got our bibs from our respective stations and picked up a medal pin for my husband and our pin wall.

E1njF5g.jpg

Jshn0Fy.jpg

5K Bibs - In A Corral

FiPibQE.jpg

Wine & Dine Bib

We then headed to the main Expo side to pick up our shirts and then exchange the sizes of my husband’s shirt to a small for the tech shirt and a medium for the 5K T-Shirt.

At the expo, we didn’t do a ton of shopping. We bought new running socks as 1) I forgot to pack more than 1 pair for myself (along with some other things that made me very carefully pick my outfits and how I sat) and 2) the dogs keep putting holes in them as they like to pull them out of the laundry basket. I got KT Taped on my problem ankle (and waited in the long line of doom for that as I watched a man get his entire body taped - he seriously took 40 minutes himself!)

We called it a day and headed back to the Beach Club until it would be time for us to head to Grand Floridian & our wine dinner later that evening.

We both were a little hungry when we got back to Beach Club but neither of us wanted something large as we knew we would have a lot of food coming our way at the dinner. I picked up cupcake that was a vanilla cupcake with buttercream and decorated all Frozen like. My husband went for Chewy Sprees. It fit the bill of keeping us filled enough until later.

RW6Nhx3.jpg

Frozen Cupcake

We relaxed until 5:00PM when we got ready for dinner.

xXGqFwi.jpg

All The Running Bands

Oh my gosh the line to purchase merchandise at the expo was crazy. I actually wasn't going to get anything because I knew it would take forever to get through the line and I didn't want to take away time from our park/drinking time but my husband got in the line while I picked up a few things out; the wine and dine half marathon pin, coast to coast pin, wine and dine Christmas ornament and the wine and dine 13.1 car magnet. The latter 2 were impulse purchases as we don't put up a Christmas tree every year and I am not going to put a car magnet on my car, but whatever they are now nicely displayed on my shelf. Anyways, I was still in line a good 40 minutes, thankfully there was beer for my husband while he roamed around. I was in B corral as well!

Oh my gosh the line to purchase merchandise at the expo was crazy. I actually wasn't going to get anything because I knew it would take forever to get through the line and I didn't want to take away time from our park/drinking time but my husband got in the line while I picked up a few things out; the wine and dine half marathon pin, coast to coast pin, wine and dine Christmas ornament and the wine and dine 13.1 car magnet. The latter 2 were impulse purchases as we don't put up a Christmas tree every year and I am not going to put a car magnet on my car, but whatever they are now nicely displayed on my shelf. Anyways, I was still in line a good 40 minutes, thankfully there was beer for my husband while he roamed around. I was in B corral as well!

The line wasn't too bad when we got there but it was after noon and most of the stuff was pretty much gone. We did the shopping at the one in packet pickup not the main expo area. We didn't really want to buy much of the merchandise (and I'm glad we didn't with it being cut in half) as we are planning on shopping a ton at Rebel Challenge in 2 months. We didn't get him a Coast to Coast Pin since I had gotten one back in February.

Impulse purchases are fun though and being on a shelf is still cool! I have the generic Mickey Head 19.3 on my car instead of having one that says the race name from the races earlier this year. Glad your husband enjoyed the beer! I love the runDisney cups they come in (I use one from a previous race all the time at home!)

You being in B as well totally explains why you had a similar after party experience as what we did versus the crowds later on

A Trip to Oregon

At 5:30PM, we walked to the lobby and grabbed a taxi over to the Grand Floridian. We knew we would be drinking and didn’t want to deal with leaving our car there overnight or risk a DUI. We checked in and were very quickly welcomed by the new management team at Citricos and lead into the Chef’s Domain. This dinner only had 3 couples, including us and the team from the winery & their distribution company. This made for a very intimate dinner. Once we all got some wine in our system, the conversation flowed really easily among the 9 of us. With it being so small, the wines were freely repoured without asking which did cause me to have probably more to drink than I should the night before a run! At least it wasn’t a timed race to come the next morning for me ;) My husband didn’t drink as much as I did though since he still had a major race in addition to the 5K.

1ml369c.jpg
eLEFdzF.jpg

Menu

The amuse bouche was simple but a good combination of flavors for the initial wine that was poured.

aKJZ5BS.jpg

Amuse Bouche - Poached Pear, Brie, Prosciutto

The first course was such a pretty garden! While I removed the poached egg (not my thing), I really loved this salad. They had awesome bits of lardons throughout the lettuce which were such salty fatty bits of joy among all the healthy stuff. The Pinot Gris was light and crisp with this.

QXjGCsQ.jpg

Chef’s Garden - Heirloom Lettuce, Lake Meadow Egg, Pork Belly Lardons w/ King Estate Signature Pinot Gris 2014

The chardonnay had hints of banana that we noticed when it was poured. This course was so good. Back in October 2013, we had a different version of the dish (link: http://www.disboards.com/threads/a-...3-trips-complete.3137573/page-7#post-49789959)

This one blew that one away! The rillette was such a soft butter to eat on the crispy brown butter bread. I totally stole most of my husband’s as well since he isn’t the biggest duck fan and didn’t want something that fatty before his races. You bet I had no problem stealing all the duck butter goodness!

7Z2q7lL.jpg
sxVtCts.jpg

Long Island Duck Rillette - Shaved Brown Butter Bread - Confit Tomatoes w/ NXNW Horse Heaven Hills Chardonnay 2013

This next dish was such a light refreshing course that held the subtle notes of the Pinot Noir well. My husband really enjoyed this despite usually not liking venison as it was so thinly cut that the bit of crema and mustard was just enough to overtake that game taste.

v2SraZC.jpg
KY0xf4k.jpg

Venison Carpaccio - Pickled Mustard Seeds, Sumac Crema, Cured Egg Yolk w/ King Estate Signature Pinot Noir 2013

When originally looking at the menu, I was honestly shocked that they would serve chicken as the main course of a wine dinner; however, once I tasted it, I knew why. It was the chicken broken apart and made in so many different ways and sous-vide so it was so tender and flavorful! Everyone at the table truly loved this dish!

DdiPuup.jpg

Belle & Evans Ballotine - Fingerling Hash, Royal Trumpet, Port Reduction w/ NXNW Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon 2011

The cheese course was probably our least favorite course of the evening but we were full of wine and meat so it was ok. We enjoyed the goat cheese and the creamy brie style one. I’m not a fan of blue cheese but the gentlemen across the table was so he gladly took mine!

pLb018b.jpg
SzYnZPG.jpg

Artisanal Cheese Board - Traditional Accompaniments made in house w/ NXNW Columbia Valley Dessert Riesling 2012

After we were served our cheese, this lovely platter was presented to the table for us all to pick and enjoy. We all selected some of the items we thought we would enjoy and enjoyed more of the dessert riesling and espresso until they were all gone.

SLFrmab.jpg

Mignardises

PIsRVRP.jpg

Espresso

lbAmlr3.jpg

The Team

We paid the bill (this was through their email list - not an official Food & Wine Festival Event) and were happy to see it was less money than we were originally told it was going to be. My husband even stated that this dinner was his 2nd favorite event of this year and much better than he thought it was going to be. He hadn’t been expecting much since he wasn’t too fond of the dinner in 2013. We hope they have other dinners during some of our trips next year as we will be back and will love to see what their new main team will accomplish. This initial dinner was a good show for the team as it was their first one alone since Boris has moved to V&A, Keith moved to CRT and Phil moved to Golden Oak.​

Yikes sounds like the race registration was uber crowded. Do you know if that is always the case? My hubby is doing the star wars 10K & half marathon in April and just wondering what to expect.

Your win dinner at Citrcos looks delicious. Especially the duck and venison. Wow! You mentioned you found out about this through their email. Do they do these throughout the year or just doing food and wine?

Yikes sounds like the race registration was uber crowded. Do you know if that is always the case? My hubby is doing the star wars 10K & half marathon in April and just wondering what to expect.

Your win dinner at Citrcos looks delicious. Especially the duck and venison. Wow! You mentioned you found out about this through their email. Do they do these throughout the year or just doing food and wine?

Pretty much, it is always the case for the first day of the expo as people want merchandise before it sells out. You also have to compete with stupid ebay resellers who just buy stuff to profit from. My husband & I are doing the Dark Side Challenge in April as well. Being Star Wars is its own special type of crowd too. You can see how Disneyland's Expo went in my signature for the inaugural runs. We were in line almost 90 minutes early for the official merchandise and we were a few rows back as people had gotten there way earlier than us.

We know we won't get a ton of merchandise for Dark Side since we can't do the Expo on Day 1 (Only so much Vacation Time can be allocated thanks to our Hawaii adventure next year!) We will be in the line early for Rebel Challenge in Disneyland in January though so it will work out.

They do these dinners throughout the year - usually about once a month outside of Food & Wine which they do them weekly then. The wine dinner was so awesome! I'm glad they turned around my husband's opinion of them this go around!

Jingle Jungle 5K

We had set the alarm for 4:50AM and got dressed with the clothes we had laid out the day before:

mL2S8jr.jpg

We soon were on the bus by 5:15AM and quickly on our way to Animal Kingdom for the Jingle Jungle 5K. We hung out in the parking lot until 6:30AM when we moved towards the corrals. It is always enjoyable to people watch at Disney races.

ct00wQt.jpg

ydFnzvI.jpg

zl0wv0J.jpg

We got to listen to the entertainers give the same jokes they always do at the start of the race.

hxKRkfD.jpg

7lkPBDd.jpg

lwWBacu.jpg

My husband had agreed to run this race at my pace as he wanted to save his real energy for the race that evening. We had agreed upon 30 second run/60 second walk intervals. Apparently he had set his watch for 30/55 instead and only 20 of them? He must have thought I would be super fast or something. For some other reason, we were placed in Corral A which actually was nice as we would be able to start without a huge amount of crowds.

At 7:02, Corral A was off. We didn’t even follow the intervals much at first as it was so crowded for the first .3 miles or so that the pace we would have been able to run was about the same as what a walk pace would be.

8E90hLL.jpg

Mile 1 Marker

Once inside of Animal Kingdom, the characters were finally out but it was super long to wait so I took stalker photos instead:

Mho7bP7.jpg

Flik

C49uSxr.jpg

Timon & Rafiki

P3SwwBB.jpg

Baloo & King Louie

h9YHOX3.jpg

Mile 2 Marker

I was super happy to see the Mile 2 Marker had been completed in less than 30 minutes for us despite the crowds and the amount of wine I was sweating out of my body (my marathonfoto pictures will never see the light of day as they aren’t pretty!)

3kvJePs.jpg

Chip & Dale

lJYudjZ.jpg

Pluto

ixQx7kv.jpg
GFfCaj7.jpg

Goofy & Donald

X3mENog.jpg

Mile 3 Marker

According to my husband’s watch, here is our official data:

Gi0h9wg.png

Husband’s TomTom Official Data

Not sure how quickly he quit it at the end or if he started prior to start line as I wasn’t in charge of it.

Right after the race, we went through the finisher's area and got our bottle of water, powerade and food box.

aZC8CIJ.jpg

Box of Food

EVrM1H1.jpg

Hanging Out

We were waiting to say hello to my friend who was running the 5K with her sister & mother (same friend who joined us at the beginning of the October) Once we found her and talked a little bit until we got on our bus back to the hotel to get cleaned up before breakfast.

2ZbWwzd.jpg

Bus Stop

QcWr0AS.jpg

Dis_Yoda w/ Metal

That meal looked absolutely wonderful! I think I would have really enjoyed it! I need to get on more email lists. I'm on the Flying Fish, and 99% of the time I can't go, but there will be that 1% of the time that I could go and would love to know about dinners like this!

I can't even imagine running like that. I have shin splints and ever since 7th grade when I went out for the Cross Country I haven't been able to run. Swimming has always been my sport of choice, so no visible sweat! :laughing: I admire you guys for what you can do. I wish I could do events like that, but with Fran and her disabilities, we are going to be lucky if we ever redeem our gym membership!

First, thanks for all the race info. Will check out your Disneyland race so we're prepared accordingly.

The jungle jingle looks like a ton of fun. Would love to run (or more likely walk) through AK

That meal looked absolutely wonderful! I think I would have really enjoyed it! I need to get on more email lists. I'm on the Flying Fish, and 99% of the time I can't go, but there will be that 1% of the time that I could go and would love to know about dinners like this!

I can't even imagine running like that. I have shin splints and ever since 7th grade when I went out for the Cross Country I haven't been able to run. Swimming has always been my sport of choice, so no visible sweat! :laughing: I admire you guys for what you can do. I wish I could do events like that, but with Fran and her disabilities, we are going to be lucky if we ever redeem our gym membership!

Citrico's was such an awesome wine dinner! I'm not on Flying Fish's email list for some reason but at least someone I know usually posts the information on FB when the email comes through so I can get it on it if I want the dinner. I totally get that 1% being able to go - I can't do most of the dinners that get emailed to me either for Disney or at home but I do enjoy the ones I get to.

Swimming is enjoyable as the sweat just goes away! I'm not a huge sweater in general at least - especially in comparison to my husband (he's gross less than a mile in!) Running and I have a love/hate relationship but it allows more trips to Disney and it keeps us active. I'm a slow back of the packer but at least its something! At least doing something at the gym is better than nothing, even with having restrictions on the movements you can do. Shin splints suck! I had those somewhat in 2014 and I had to have A.R.T. treatments to make it go away (which luckily went through for free at work)

First, thanks for all the race info. Will check out your Disneyland race so we're prepared accordingly.

The jungle jingle looks like a ton of fun. Would love to run (or more likely walk) through AK

No problem on the race info! Is this your husband's first half marathon or just his first Disney one?

The Jungle Jingle was a lot of fun - I probably would have had a better time if I wasn't pouring wine sweat out but at least I had a good detox before my wine luncheon that day ;) Run Walk makes these distances way more assessable, at least for me.

All The Food

We headed to Captain’s Grille as soon as we were cleaned up, even though it was about 30 minutes early for our ADR. That wasn’t any issue & we were very quickly sat at the exact same table I had been at the week before. My husband gave me crazy looks when I just started laughing.

We started with water and I also had a cafe mocha.

6JQhu3x.jpg

My husband decided to order all the food - it was really funny watching him order as the server tried really really hard to get him to do the buffet but my husband was like no - I want it served (and if he didn’t finish it all, be able to take it back to the room) As he cleared off all three of those plates, he enjoyed all of it. It was his planned big meal of the day so he wanted to make sure he was nicely fueled for the day.

BWr3IU2.jpg
IovAcHE.jpg

Mickey Waffles w/ Bacon + Omelet (Ham, Sausage, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese with Biscuit & Potatoes

As I had enjoyed my meal so much the week before, I went with the exact same thing. The only difference was that instead of getting it without any eggs, I subbed them for scrambled so my husband could eat them (and boy did he!) This time around, I was really disappointed in this dish. The grits weren’t properly cooked at all and felt extremely soupy but gritty at the same time. There was barely any cheese in them. If I didn’t have the Narcoossee’s Signature Dining Experience in less than 3 hours from the time this was served I would have sent it back. My husband even commented on how thin they looked. I ate all of the pork and some of the grits before I called it quits.

Yq3Wh8t.jpg
AxHPoOe.jpg

Tillamook Cheese Grits & Poached Eggs - Pulled Pork Belly, WIlted Spinach, Artisan Bread Crostini & Bacon Vinaigrette - W/O Poached Eggs and Subbed for Scrambled for Mr. Bottomless Pit

Our server was super slow as well which didn’t make sense as the restaurant wasn’t really busy but oh well. I knew I had fun planned for the afternoon and that is what I really cared about. This was a great breakfast for my husband where he was able to enjoy lots of food that would work well for fueling him for the evening.​

Dis_Yoda’s Afternoon > Mr. Dis_Yoda’s Afternoon

Around 10:30AM, I said goodbye to my husband as I was going to save some money and take Disney transportation to the Grand Floridian instead of taking a taxi over. I caught the bus over to Magic Kingdom and walked across the entrance to take the boat to the Grand.

4H3tY9D.jpg

C609yKq.jpg

Apparently, the transportation gods were in my favor as this journey to the Grand took only 40 minutes so I arrived at Narcoossee’s almost an hour early for the Signature Culinary Experience. I was a little shocked to see I was actually about the 10th person there so at least I wasn’t the only one super early! It wasn’t long until we were given our welcome prosecco and were allowed into the main dining room for our meal.

ujpWhH5.jpg

Welcome Wine

SGpjDbc.jpg

Decoration

I was pleased to see that this luncheon was Jarvis. Their wines tend to range from $100 to $200 a bottle. With looking at the menu, I was glad to see that I was doing this one on my own as many of the wines were going to be robust reds which aren’t my husband’s favorites.

The meal started with a nice fresh salad (with lots of items from Chef’s Garden who was really featured the night previously at Citrico’s) I think I was the only person at the table that didn’t care for the Heirloom Apple Tartar Sauce because everyone else cleared their plate! The chardonnay was perfect though.

uOW00hK.jpg

Winter Salad - Micro Kale, Cured Artichoke Hearts, Red Romaine, Heirloom Apple Tartar Sauce & Taleggio Crostini

I279uh7.jpg

Jarvis Estate Chardonnay, Napa ‘12

jQAxULU.jpg

Multigrain Bread

The 2nd course was a fresh lobster prepared over a hash that had a ton of sweet knuckle meat throughout. It was interesting having this type of seafood with a tempranillo as usually I would have a white with such a dish.

IYg07bU.jpg

Lobster Tournedos - Sunchoke Knuckle Hash w/ Hibiscus Coulis

mo8LNX3.jpg

Jarvis Estate Tempranillo, Napa ‘13

eInjziQ.jpg

Wine Speaker

Our third course was a celebration in my mouth. The poussin (aka a fancy way of saying a young chicken) was so tender. The gnocchi were perfectly executed as well.

tloRqSd.jpg

Herb Marinated Poussin - Potato Gnocchi, Cinderella Pumpkin Puree, Cherry Bomb Radish & Red Ribbon Sorrel

0qBUQJF.jpg

Jarvis Estate Merlot, Napa ‘11

The main course was on the small side but the flavor and tenderness of the Venison was on point! The beef marrow butter had melted into the venison and made it so that you almost didn’t have to use a knife to cut the meat!

rz7K6uD.jpg

Smoked Venison Loin - Salsify, Candy Cane Beets, Lingonberry Jam, Beef Marrow Compound Butter & Juniper Jus

UYC3E9L.jpg

Jarvis Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa ‘10

The final course was a very light cheesecake with a very rich gelato. I was happy they provided a raspberry foam to balance out the richness with the gelato. The port it was served with was the perfect amount of ‘stick’ in your mouth that you desire from a port. This was the weakest wine of the day though.

6du0Zr8.jpg

Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake w/ Gianduja Gelato

OBv24Bt.jpg

Justin Vineyards Obtuse, Paso Roble ‘12

eu0QzTJ.jpg

Coffee

This meal was over slightly after 3:00PM but the meal didn’t feel like it took that long as it was paced very well! We were given presents on the way out and on the way back, I took a taxi to the Beach Club as the thought of taking 40 + minutes to return to the resort sounded very unpleasant.

pwsEM4q.jpg
dkam0Lr.jpg

Goodie Bag!

When I returned from my wonderful luncheon it was about 3:45PM. I had woken up my husband when I walked in. I asked him what he had done since I left at 10:30AM and he quote stated it was full of sleeping, watching football, eating carbs, napping. He compared it to the days our dogs have on a daily basis and stating all this napping was hard work!

I settled in bed as well and proceeded to sleep until 6:00PM. I think he stayed asleep too for most of this time.​

I like Buddy...but I WOULD LOVE to SEE DUFF from Charm City Cakes a lot more!

You are making me so excited to do the Jingle Jungle!

The dining events look amazing...I am really going to have to read up and research because they look like the perfect thing to do to celebrate our next girls running trip! Although anytime at NAC is a favorite time for me...has to be my favorite dining place in WDW. I also love taking the boat over...when it is not freezing cold.

Great special events and lots of the promised day drinking. :thumbsup2 You even previewed Captain's Grille for me. I've got breakfast and lunch ADRs there for Princess weekend while I stay at YC. And I had no idea Crew's Cup Lounge served such nice food.

Nice to see the pics from the Jingle Jungle 5K - one race that went off properly that day!

I like Buddy...but I WOULD LOVE to SEE DUFF from Charm City Cakes a lot more!

You are making me so excited to do the Jingle Jungle!

The dining events look amazing...I am really going to have to read up and research because they look like the perfect thing to do to celebrate our next girls running trip! Although anytime at NAC is a favorite time for me...has to be my favorite dining place in WDW. I also love taking the boat over...when it is not freezing cold.

I would love to see Duff as well but I don't think he's ever done anything at Disney for special events. I guess I should have checked to see if my husband really knew who we were going to. :rotfl2:

The Jingle Jungle was a nice Christmas 5K! There were definitely a nice amount of entertainment once you got into Animal Kingdom! It was definitely extremely crowded though throughout!

I can help give input on your Wine & Dine Trip next year on the special events. Getting into the events is serious business though and you have to be ready to call at 6:58AM to attempt to get in for booking, at least for certain ones! It was nice out that day! The weather hadn't turned on us yet!

Great special events and lots of the promised day drinking. :thumbsup2 You even previewed Captain's Grille for me. I've got breakfast and lunch ADRs there for Princess weekend while I stay at YC. And I had no idea Crew's Cup Lounge served such nice food.

Nice to see the pics from the Jingle Jungle 5K - one race that went off properly that day!

I'm the queen of day drinking at Disney during Food & Wine Festival ;) We had such great luck on all our special events this year. Captain's Grille is a nice breakfast spot! You should really enjoy it, especially staying at YC which makes it enjoyable.

The Jingle Jungle 5K went really well! Wine & Dine Half had its issues but I get why they were trying to deal with the safety of 14000 people which is a lot to deal with. My husband has decided against doing it next year since it seems to just have issues in general. When are you starting your trip reports?

Goodbye Osborne

When my alarm went off at 6:00PM, I got dressed for presentable comfort as I knew I was going to be out of the room for a while. As my husband was getting ready to head to Wide World of Sports for his Wine & Dine Half Marathon, I had my own way of entertaining myself while I was going to wait for him near the finish line. As 2015 is the final year of Osborne Lights at Hollywood Studios, I knew this would be my last chance to get to see them. I took the boat over to Hollywood Studios and was soon walking through the gates. In my purse, I had the clothes for my husband to change into after the race (since he wanted to avoid bag check there) - if you are a solo female walking into the park with male clothes in your purse - they do give you some strange comments and/or looks .

I headed straight to the Streets of America and promptly got in line for a cocktail!

pjb7d1K.jpg

FX8i0Hp.jpg

IV5UWUj.jpg

The line moved slowly but luckily, I wasn’t in any type of hurry. Drinks with fun glow cubes are much more fun in the midst of all these sparkling lights!

jT0ByE5.jpg

hUqz4el.jpg

Twinkling Twilight

I wandered and enjoyed the show.

vvkeDfG.jpg

PUHpNsC.jpg

v8OskMh.jpg

4XwO1tv.jpg

fQ177Pu.jpg

I wanted a fun christmas cup and had to order it separately when I got my hot chocolate & not let the cashier see what I was doing.

ejeXPo3.jpg

Hot Chocolate with Bailey

T1S23FE.jpg

Star Wars!

VQSoNlG.jpg

5cFprh9.jpg

zrxpiJL.jpg

mg4cevg.jpg

QJqrmsl.jpg

L45YBsM.jpg

9EKJyeK.jpg

Now properly in the Holiday Spirit, I headed out of Hollywood Studios to grab the boat to the Yacht Club so I could then walk to EPCOT.​

The Jingle Jungle 5K went really well! Wine & Dine Half had its issues but I get why they were trying to deal with the safety of 14000 people which is a lot to deal with. My husband has decided against doing it next year since it seems to just have issues in general. When are you starting your trip reports?

Yeah, I'm not slamming runDisney at all. I don't blame them for shortening the race in those circumstances. I feel the same as your husband, that race seems cursed lately and the weather is too hot for me to run in anyway. I happen to be starting my W&D TR today. :)

I had so much fun catching up on your adventures. I like your vacation style! You really maximized your Food & Wine time! I am also semi-local and managed to visit a few times but didn't do nearly as much as you guys did. Goals for next year! Any idea how to get on the Citricos or Flying Fish email lists? Those wine dinners sound fun!

I can't wait to see the Osborne lights for my first and only time in just about two weeks. I would order the same drink as you did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter