Why don't we do a little day drinking? - F&W 2015 - Update 12/11 Bonus EPCOT Night!

Unplanned Awesomeness!

My work thing was done with at 3:00PM. I quickly selected some FP+ when I was dropping off my work bag and switch shoes and head to EPCOT earlier than I had planned! I arrived to EPCOT by 3:40PM. I was able to get Spaceship Earth between 3 & 4, Character Spot between 4 & 5, Soarin Between 8:30 & 9:30. I also got a dining reservation at 7:40PM at one of my cheaper favorites in the World Showcase. My plan was also to enjoy some of the Holiday Around The World options.

2MttO7c.jpg

kFbewGG.jpg

I headed straight onto Spaceship Earth as my FP+ window was closing and enjoyed my trip through the history of communication. I then was able to get through the characters quickly.

PYA5fM9.jpg

GuGUOpL.jpg

NasiSFY.jpg

My first stop was inside of the Mexico Pavilion in order to get some alcohol in my system and start my relaxation at La Cava Del Tequila I've always been happy with my margaritas here and wandered the shops while I enjoyed it.

qV5QCtT.jpg

Don Julio Pomegranate - The perfect mix of Don Julio premium silver Tequila, mixed with Combier orange liquor, agave nectar, pomegranate liquor, pineapple and lime juice served on the rocks with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim

I enjoyed my boat ride to see a wandering Donald before I headed into Kringla Bakeri og Cafe to enjoy one of their special Holidays Around The World Options

F9Pia5H.jpg

Frozen Peppermint Trifle - White Chocolate Mousse, Blue Peppermint Cake with Sparkling Topping

This dessert was sweet! As long as you know its going to be super sweet and thick, it can be enjoyable. It had started raining lightly at this time so when I got to the holiday stand in Germany, I needed something to warm up my system while I then hid inside of the shoppes in Germany to avoid the rain for a while.

qouly62.jpg

Black Forest Cake - Cherry Liquor in German Hot Chocolate

The rain was not letting up so I decided on yet another alcoholic beverage while at the wine shoppe in Germany so that I could pass the time. My cider despite being called "Pure" was apparently evil as it rang up as exactly $6.66

WK2LYoM.jpg

Evil Cider

When I was looking in the Holiday Day In The World passport, I noticed that tonight's Candlelight Processional was Neil Patrick Harris. When I posted about it online, I was happy to find out that my friend from middle school that I've met up with plenty of times if you follow my reports for some time was actually singing in the choir that night as well. Despite the drizzling rain, I decided to get in the non-dinner package groups line an hour before the 6:45PM show and wait it out! The line was already to Italy and I knew I wouldn't get the best seat but I didn't mind!

39gumNJ.jpg

Shortly before 6:30PM, we were let inside the American Theatre. I was put in the group that had the farthest back of the left side. I actually decided to sit on the end as I had a feeling I would have to sneak out early in order to make my 7:40PM dinner reservation. Neil Patrick Harris was such a great host to this telling of the Christmas story and the shear amount of people on stage singing is absolutely magical, even for non-religious people like myself. The songs are beautiful in that environment!

ZZzxOr8.jpg

FlTDjKc.jpg

rWWnyBW.jpg

iHAPI2h.jpg

er5Sz44.jpg

I did sneak out at 7:30PM even with the end nearing as I didn't want to be late to Chefs De France and I was starving at this point. My company has a general rule about dinners being around $35 so I knew this would be a great spot to be able to enjoy a cocktail and still meet that mark prior to tip. I ordered my two favorite dishes here - French Onion Soup & the Flatbread with Creme Fraiche, Onion & Bacon. Each of these were absolutely excellent. What wasn't excellent was my service though. I sat after being seated for 15 minutes until my server even stopped by and seemed off put that I wanted to order everything then rather than just my drink and it just kinda kept going from there. Food runners brought out my dishes and it was a pain to get a check from her & she seemed annoyed that I had a Chipped Credit Card w/ a Pin (yay corporate cards!) At least I've had enough good meals here that it won't stop me from going back again.

3932rXD.jpg

French Onion Soup

9T4LjJL.jpg

Flatbread baked with creme fraiche, onion and bacon

As this meal went so slowly and poorly serviced, by the time it was over with, I physically was just done with the day seeing as it started before 5AM and it was now nearing 9PM. I skipped going to Soarin and just walked back to my car and drove back to my hotel across the street from Universal. I was happy I got to see NPH and my friend and I did get to eat some awesome food on my company's dime. I left happy that I did get one unexpected final trip of 2015 since my next two WDW trips are running based and I know we won't be doing a ton of attractions then.​

Your trip is so close! You are going to have so much fun. At least you get to see Osborne Lights at least once! That drink was so good and totally in your wheelhouse of what you seem to enjoy!

And now we're at WDW! I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep and not being exhausted tomorrow!

I've been following huggybuff's and franandaj's regularly and some more I need to catch up on.

Not to "toot my own horn", but I'm just going to be wrapping up my trip report on my cruise to Cabo and the Mexican Riveira, and starting another on a cruise on the Dream and WDW trip that I am just embarking upon which includes Christmas decorations and adventurous dining at WDW. I'm certainly not as exciting as @Dis_Yoda since we don't run stay out very late, but if you like food and shopping, you're welcome to stop by.

It was a good summery of what happened to Luke Skywalker throughout the movies in a 10 minute format.

This is one of the things that I didn't do out at DL, yet. I'm interested to compare the two different Launch Bays, ours was more of a museum, sounds like yours has a lot of experiences. Obviously both offer overpriced costumes!

I first got myself the cutest soda mug ever and then I bought him a tie!

We got that same sipper cup too! They sold out the first day, and weren't back for about a week after opening.

Sorry to hear about the bad service at Chef's de France, but I am glad you got to see most of CP with NPH as narrator. I would love to see him someday. We had Alfre Woodard a few years ago.

My first stop was inside of the Mexico Pavilion in order to get some alcohol in my system and start my relaxation...

I heartily approve of any sentence that begins this way. :thumbsup2

My cider despite being called "Pure" was apparently evil as it rang up as exactly $6.66

:rotfl: I hope it tasted devilish as well!

That onion soup from Chefs looks delicious! I've got an ADR during my Princess trip and I think I know what's at the top of the list...

And now we're at WDW! I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep and not being exhausted tomorrow!

Not to "toot my own horn", but I'm just going to be wrapping up my trip report on my cruise to Cabo and the Mexican Riveira, and starting another on a cruise on the Dream and WDW trip that I am just embarking upon which includes Christmas decorations and adventurous dining at WDW. I'm certainly not as exciting as @Dis_Yoda since we don't run stay out very late, but if you like food and shopping, you're welcome to stop by.

This is one of the things that I didn't do out at DL, yet. I'm interested to compare the two different Launch Bays, ours was more of a museum, sounds like yours has a lot of experiences. Obviously both offer overpriced costumes!

We got that same sipper cup too! They sold out the first day, and weren't back for about a week after opening.

Hopefully you are all rested up now and you enjoyed your trip on the Dream :) Looking at your last day of your Mexican Rivera cruise, you stayed out late ;) Christmas Decorations and Adventurous Dining sounds good to me! I'm excited to see your Launch Bay next month - I'm cool with it being more of a museum. I didn't go much inside of the one here in Hollywood Studios so it will mostly be new for me, except the shopping ideas. No need for Overpriced Costumes in my house! I think I already have enough Disney Art that is right in my price range. It seems Disneyland very quickly sells out of new things in comparison to Disney World - at least I don't have to worry about getting my BB8 cup!

Sorry to hear about the bad service at Chef's de France, but I am glad you got to see most of CP with NPH as narrator. I would love to see him someday. We had Alfre Woodard a few years ago.

Bad service happens - maybe she was just having a very off day. At least my food was good! If I was to see NPH again, I would totally do the Candlelight Processional Package since they seem to have the best seats along with not having to worry about if you are going to get in to see him or not in that super long line. Alfre Woodard would have been a hoot but I still just imagine her as Betty Applegate from Desperate Housewives, despite knowing she has been in many other things.

I heartily approve of any sentence that begins this way. :thumbsup2

:rotfl: I hope it tasted devilish as well!

That onion soup from Chefs looks delicious! I've got an ADR during my Princess trip and I think I know what's at the top of the list...

Well, we know I like my alcohol ;)

It was devilish delicious!

Chef's is a good option during your Princess Trip! Good food prior to running (at least for what I get as it won't mess with the body)

You snuck in the NPH and Chefs de France update while I was commenting on your. Great that you got some extra time and on the company's dime, but boo that your server was being snooty.

Christmas Decorations and Adventurous Dining sounds good to me!

It turns out that even though the places are new to us, all we seem to be eating is comfort food!

I'm excited to see your Launch Bay next month - I'm cool with it being more of a museum. I didn't go much inside of the one here in Hollywood Studios so it will mostly be new for me, except the shopping ideas.

I think there are a lot more exhibits in ours than in the HS version. I didn't go through a lot of it, but it's a larger space. There wasn't a lot to see in the HS Launch Bay.

It seems Disneyland very quickly sells out of new things in comparison to Disney World - at least I don't have to worry about getting my BB8 cup!

Disneyland seems to draw all kinds of fanatics, they're willing to wait in huge lines, buy things out within hours. I don't get it. We got our BB8 cup on the second round. They sold out in the soft openings, but evidently they saved some for the actual opening day when we got ours. Crazy!

Yeah for a surprise trip to Disney and even better when the company picks up the tab ; ) So glad you got to see the candlelight processional with probably the best host they have.

Well we totally need to fix that fly by thing this trip...

I agree! I really need to get my hotel and such set up for my F&W trips. I've been too busy getting ready for Disneyland and planning Aulani to think about it.

You snuck in the NPH and Chefs de France update while I was commenting on your. Great that you got some extra time and on the company's dime, but boo that your server was being snooty.

Yup, I'm totally sneaky like that ;) I'm happy I got to sneak in some enjoyment in the midst of all the work stuff.

It turns out that even though the places are new to us, all we seem to be eating is comfort food!
Nothing wrong with eating what you enjoy! At least its in a new environment :)

I think there are a lot more exhibits in ours than in the HS version. I didn't go through a lot of it, but it's a larger space. There wasn't a lot to see in the HS Launch Bay.
I like exhibits! I don't get to do museums often (my husband usually has to be dragged to them) so I'll take one in Disney happily! I'll have to enjoy the HS Launch Bay in February for Glass Slipper.

Disneyland seems to draw all kinds of fanatics, they're willing to wait in huge lines, buy things out within hours. I don't get it. We got our BB8 cup on the second round. They sold out in the soft openings, but evidently they saved some for the actual opening day when we got ours. Crazy!

Now that I've done both parks, I see how much Disneyland is a locals park versus a destination park for WDW. The fanatics can totally go whenever they want, even after work whereas WDW, it at least takes some planning to get there (unless you are me and you have spur of the moment work trips in Orlando)

Yeah for a surprise trip to Disney and even better when the company picks up the tab ; ) So glad you got to see the candlelight processional with probably the best host they have.

I know! I was super happy to be able to sneak that in :) Usually work travel for me involves Canada or California, so I'll happily take Orlando any day! NPH is really a great host - totally worth waiting in the drizzling rain for :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter