Why don't we do a little day drinking? - F&W 2015 - Update 12/11 Bonus EPCOT Night!

Trip #1: ADRs

180 Days Came for Trip #1 yesterday but I was too busy playing at Walt Disney World to make them. I got home early this morning and unpacked. Afterwards it was time to start marking them!

These are subject to heavily change as the Food & Wine Special Events come out & as the new restaurants at DTD open up.

October 1st:
9:00PM - Jiko

October 2nd:
6:00PM - Citricos

October 3rd:
11:00AM - Yak & Yeti
6:05PM - Yachtsman

October 4th:
12:10PM - Hollywood Brown Derby

October 5th:
7:35AM - 'Ohana

October 6th:

October 7th:
11:00AM - T-Rex

October 8th:

October 9th:
5:50PM - Be Our Guest

October 10th:
6:10PM - Chefs de France​

I hope you enjoy your time off from running. I wish I could get to the gym for some machines while Fran is recovering, there just doesn't seem to be time.

Your ADRs look ggod and nice to know Tha BoG is mellowing out and you don't have to be there at 6PM 10 days out to get a reservation.

I hope you enjoy your time off from running. I wish I could get to the gym for some machines while Fran is recovering, there just doesn't seem to be time.

Your ADRs look ggod and nice to know Tha BoG is mellowing out and you don't have to be there at 6PM 10 days out to get a reservation.

I am enjoying my time off of running! I think I'll restart after my trip to Nashville the first weekend in May. Its awesome not having any pain in my ankle for once!

Hope you are starting to find time for the gym - I totally get that some days it just doesn't seem to work out though.

I was a little shocked that I got BoG even without being there 180 days + 10 exactly. Granted, it was still over 180 days from that date I selected so they are probably all gone now. I'm still not sure if we're going to keep it but that all depends on if and when the new DTD restaurants open like Morimoto & STK. We now have Boathouse in May through Open Table instead of California Grill, so I'm excited for that!

Trip #2: Plans

Thursday, November 5th, 2015
4:00PM: Leave Work
5:00PM: Drop Off Puppies @ Kennel
8:30PM: Arrive @ Beach Club
9:00PM: Quick Dinner or Night Cap at Crew's Cup or Martha's Vineyard

Friday, November 6th, 2015
8:00AM: Breakfast @ Captain's Grille
10:00AM: Expo Opens @ Wide World of Sports
...pick up bibs for Mr. Dis_Yoda & Dis_Yoda
...get KT Taped
...shop
...head back to room to drop stuff off
12:00PM: Head to EPCOT
...enjoy whatever booths we missed during Trip #1 or 2nd rounds at favorites
6:00PM: Dinner @ Il Mulino

Saturday, November 7th, 2015
5:00AM: Wake Up & Head to Animal Kingdom
7:00AM: Jingle Jungle 5K for both of us (oops!)
...thanks to my mistake with having him signed up too, he'll be doing this race at my slow pace & we will be taking character photos as he doesn't want to entirely kill himself for the night race
9:00AM: Rainforest Café Breakfast
...trying to convince him to do Tusker House instead but losing that battle
10:00AM: Head back to Beach Club
11:00AM: Begin Nap!

Dis_Yoda’s Plans:
7:00PM: Dinner @ Tokyo Dining
8:00PM: Enjoy Finish Line Party
...stalk husband’s splits on cell phone
...take photos with rare characters
...be at finish line for when husband crosses

Mr. Dis_Yoda’s Plans:
6:30PM: Eat Bagel w/ Peanut Butter or Turkey plus a banana
7:45PM: Bus to Wide World of Sports for Race
10:00PM: Wine & Dine Half Starts
11:45PM: Finish Race (He is speedy)

Sunday, November 8th, 2015
2:00AM: Walk back to hotel
8:00AM: Wake Up & Head Home
11:00AM: Pick Up Puppies​

Wow, that will be a quick trip! Looks great. I've been thinking about ADRs this morning, and reading your report reminded me that there may be a whole set of new places at DtD by November!! Yikes! Please let us know what you think of Boathouse!! :)

Wow, that will be a quick trip! Looks great. I've been thinking about ADRs this morning, and reading your report reminded me that there may be a whole set of new places at DtD by November!! Yikes! Please let us know what you think of Boathouse!! :)

The majority of our WDW trips are that quick it seems now. With my work, usually I can get every other Friday off as I work for working longer hours the other 9 days so these trips don't take vacation time.

I'm excited for there to be some new higher end options for dining at Disney. We have many favorites but it is always good to switch things up so nothing ends up overdone or stale to us.

Your husband runs, like, really fast. Teach me. :upsidedow

He does run fast. I hate it at the same time of being proud for him. He isn't a nice teacher as pretty much he just becomes mean if you start walking so I stopped running with him. He's very much a run through the pain type person and says that having to walk is a mental thing. I think the only reason we'll be ok to do the 5K together is that he'll want to save most of his energy for the half marathon that evening so he can deal with my slow self.

He does run fast. I hate it at the same time of being proud for him. He isn't a nice teacher as pretty much he just becomes mean if you start walking so I stopped running with him. He's very much a run through the pain type person and says that having to walk is a mental thing. I think the only reason we'll be ok to do the 5K together is that he'll want to save most of his energy for the half marathon that evening so he can deal with my slow self.

I'm hoping it works out for you! I went to Disney during marathon weekend (not a runner, just a college kid on break), and the runners at the pool were talking me into doing the half next year. While I don't think that's possible (trying to get a job and not knowing if I'll have off days), I also told the guy that I'm not a runner and that I should start small. Getting to the gym 3x a week to run on the indoor track (it's been cold here) is my first obstacle. I haven't been in about a week since I pulled a muscle in my leg and I'm trying to let it heal, on top of feeling some academic pressure. But I'm really excited for the both of you!

I'm hoping it works out for you! I went to Disney during marathon weekend (not a runner, just a college kid on break), and the runners at the pool were talking me into doing the half next year. While I don't think that's possible (trying to get a job and not knowing if I'll have off days), I also told the guy that I'm not a runner and that I should start small. Getting to the gym 3x a week to run on the indoor track (it's been cold here) is my first obstacle. I haven't been in about a week since I pulled a muscle in my leg and I'm trying to let it heal, on top of feeling some academic pressure. But I'm really excited for the both of you!

As someone who is well, rather obese, if I can complete the Tower of Terror 10 Miler, Rebel Challenge (10K + Half) and Glass Slipper Challenge (10K + Half), you can totally do it too. I would start running rather small though. I started with Couch to 5K last year, moved to Couch to 10K and then Couch to Half Marathon and then I followed the official Rebel Challenge Training Plan somewhat along with the Glass Slipper one (some weeks better than others)

I agree getting to the gym is difficult but once it becomes routine, it feels weird not going. Honestly, these past 7 weeks where I wasn't running, it felt so weird to me. I finally ran today for the first time since the Princess Half (super dooper slow especially in comparison to my husband) and it was such a relief mentally for me even being as slow as I was.

The one thing I would recommend is making sure you do something else other than running to make sure you don't overuse your muscles. Biking or swimming are good options. I got really bad about just running and it didn't help my injuries at all. My ankle is just now feeling as 100% as I get. I'm not pushing myself as hard on this new round of Couch to 5K as I rather hold back but be able to jog for the whole 'run' portion than feel like I'm killing myself and then not being able to jog during the next 'run' portions.

Hope your academic pressure gets better. I miss those days actually. Being a grown up in the real world sucks sometimes although having the freedom to vacation at a level better than I could during college is a perk ;)

I'm totally going to stalk you on Instagram now though.

As someone who is well, rather obese, if I can complete the Tower of Terror 10 Miler, Rebel Challenge (10K + Half) and Glass Slipper Challenge (10K + Half), you can totally do it too. I would start running rather small though. I started with Couch to 5K last year, moved to Couch to 10K and then Couch to Half Marathon and then I followed the official Rebel Challenge Training Plan somewhat along with the Glass Slipper one (some weeks better than others)

I agree getting to the gym is difficult but once it becomes routine, it feels weird not going. Honestly, these past 7 weeks where I wasn't running, it felt so weird to me. I finally ran today for the first time since the Princess Half (super dooper slow especially in comparison to my husband) and it was such a relief mentally for me even being as slow as I was.

The one thing I would recommend is making sure you do something else other than running to make sure you don't overuse your muscles. Biking or swimming are good options. I got really bad about just running and it didn't help my injuries at all. My ankle is just now feeling as 100% as I get. I'm not pushing myself as hard on this new round of Couch to 5K as I rather hold back but be able to jog for the whole 'run' portion than feel like I'm killing myself and then not being able to jog during the next 'run' portions.

Hope your academic pressure gets better. I miss those days actually. Being a grown up in the real world sucks sometimes although having the freedom to vacation at a level better than I could during college is a perk ;)

I'm totally going to stalk you on Instagram now though.

I really want to do these races some day when I have real money for it. But why do the Star Wars races have to be across the country (for me)? :sad2:

They say that slow and steady wins the race! Running slow (or walking) is better than doing nothing at all!

I'm in my final month of undergraduate classes. It went by too fast, really. I moved in freshman year, blinked, and am now about to walk for my diploma. I'd be feeling a little bit better about it if I had post-grad employment locked away. Alas, I do not [yet].

Hope you are starting to find time for the gym - I totally get that some days it just doesn't seem to work out though.

In the last week or so I have found some time to go to the gym. I've been riding the LifeCycle mostly, but my Chiropractor (who does personal training, strength based with me twice a week), suggested that I mix it up every third session with the elliptical and or treadmill. The elliptical killed me so I did the treadmill. I'm hoping to see some results before my birthday party since I'm really going to blow it there.

I'm still not sure if we're going to keep it but that all depends on if and when the new DTD restaurants open like Morimoto & STK.

They're opening a Morimoto at DTD? When? :hyper: I might plan for that for our December trip.

I really want to do these races some day when I have real money for it. But why do the Star Wars races have to be across the country (for me)? :sad2:

They say that slow and steady wins the race! Running slow (or walking) is better than doing nothing at all!

I'm in my final month of undergraduate classes. It went by too fast, really. I moved in freshman year, blinked, and am now about to walk for my diploma. I'd be feeling a little bit better about it if I had post-grad employment locked away. Alas, I do not [yet].

I agree! I totally wished they had Star Wars at WDW instead of Disneyland. Disneyland is like a $4000/$5000 trip for us as well going across country so it becomes our 'major' vacation of the year where as WDW can be a $500 long weekend for these races. I'm having to super plan for 2016 vacations as we are going to Aulani as well for my 30th Birthday & I know that is going to be costly. I'm not sure how much WDW we'll be doing outside of the races next year.

Slow & Steady(or walking) is totally my motto. I was in a better place mentally for my slow pace at Glass Slipper than I was at Rebel Challenge. Not everyone is super supportive of slow runners but they can just deal. It took me realizing I don't need that negativity in my life to get into that better place.

Congrats on being almost done with your undergraduate classes! Good luck in the employment search - I'm sure you will find something within the next few months!

In the last week or so I have found some time to go to the gym. I've been riding the LifeCycle mostly, but my Chiropractor (who does personal training, strength based with me twice a week), suggested that I mix it up every third session with the elliptical and or treadmill. The elliptical killed me so I did the treadmill. I'm hoping to see some results before my birthday party since I'm really going to blow it there.

They're opening a Morimoto at DTD? When? :hyper: I might plan for that for our December trip.

Totally understand the hatred of the elliptical! My husband can somehow get on it for 45 minutes and be totally happy. I'm on it for 5 minutes and want to kill someone. Glad you are finally getting time to get some gym time in! Nothing wrong with having fun on your birthday trip ;) It isn't like you do that every day - my day to day eating is so much more boring than what I get at Disney at least most days (although last night while I was in my yoga class in the middle of Tree Pose, all I could think is how much I wanted a filet and shrimp - $50 at Publix later after class, we totally had Filets, Lemon Butter Shrimp & Parmesan Gratin Potatoes & a bottle of wine so I think I totally just negated my run & yoga)

They are opening a Morimoto at DTD! It was announced at the same time as the Boathouse. Hopefully it's open by this fall just like STK - if not, there is always next trip at least. The opening date hasn't really been formally announced yet but I'm on the look out for the date!

April Training Update

Cardio is Blue. Strength is Red.

e5n6ANm.png

April 17th, I had a frustrating day for multiple reasons. It was the first time I felt like going for a run since the Princess Half when I got home to see if that would help with the stress relief. It did some & then I went to my Friday Night Yoga Class where I spent most of the class thinking about Filet, Shrimp and Wine. So $50 later from Publix, I started cooking dinner after class. After that dinner and bottle of wine, we officially decided we are both running the 5K + Rebel Challenge for Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend in Disneyland. We also will run the Glass Slipper for Princess Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World in February for the Coast to Coast, at least for me. My husband probably will still run Wine & Dine as well, dependant on if any other race comes to WDW, which we aren’t counting on. I booked the hotel for Animal Kingdom Villas for Princess that night. Maybe one day I’ll stop making major vacation decisions while drinking.

I’m being very slow with running this time around & I am ok with that. I’m hoping the yoga will help save me from injury. I'm also trying to run outside as much as possible instead of the treadmill so I can have more realistic expectations during races than what the treadmill leads me to believe I can do.

I’m finding myself to continued to be frustrated in my training journey. I know I’m losing inches as the measurements are telling me so but the weight isn’t coming off or it comes off and comes back off and on. I'm sure my solo trip to WDW didn't help as I had one very gluttonous day during that trip. I received my Apple Watch on Tuesday, April 28th so maybe that will give me some insight on my activity during the day.

thfeit3.png

April Miles Ran: 13.98 miles
Total 2015 Miles Ran: 115.9 miles​

I’m finding myself to continued to be frustrated in my training journey. I know I’m losing inches as the measurements are telling me so but the weight isn’t coming off or it comes off and comes back off and on. I'm sure my solo trip to WDW didn't help as I had one very gluttonous day during that trip. I received my Apple Watch on Tuesday, April 28th so maybe that will give me some insight on my activity during the day.

thfeit3.png

April Miles Ran: 13.98 miles
Total 2015 Miles Ran: 115.9 miles​

The thing about weight is that while you're becoming more active, you're gaining muscle. That'll pack on the pounds. The scale can be awful in that sense.

The thing about weight is that while you're becoming more active, you're gaining muscle. That'll pack on the pounds. The scale can be awful in that sense.

I know thats totally true which is why I'm taking measurements as well but still totally frustrating!

My husband & I have agreed that once I hit a certain weight, I get a pair of Christian Louboutin heels. I set that as a goal for myself.

I hate this part of the equation too.

I hope you get those heels that you want. I can only wear flats so I can't get too into shoes.

Trip #2: ADRs

So our ADRs changed based on the original plan I had as some of the ADRs weren't available like I originally had planned. Not sure if its a system glitch or due to the amount of people traveling this weekend. I'll keep a look out for the places I really wanted. If not, I'll be happy with what I have.

November 6th:
5:40PM - Le Cellier

November 7th:
10:00AM - Cape May Café
7:30PM - Coral Reef (Highly Likely to Change) for Dis_Yoda​

I hate this part of the equation too.

I hope you get those heels that you want. I can only wear flats so I can't get too into shoes.

It is really frustrating! I had to change one of my medications and it seems to have caused a spark in weight loss which is nice that or my metabolism is finally working to drop the pounds. Who knows :confused3 Either way, I'll take it!

I usually only wear flats as well which is why when I get a pair I'll be getting a 45 mm heel rather than something taller. Granted, the only places I'll be wearing them to are places like Palo or Remy on DCL, F&W Signature Dinners or the few wine dinners we do in Naples but at least they'll be pretty. :dance3:

I know thats totally true which is why I'm taking measurements as well but still totally frustrating!

My husband & I have agreed that once I hit a certain weight, I get a pair of Christian Louboutin heels. I set that as a goal for myself.

That may be the most awesome incentive ever. I think you and I may be kindred spirits!

I'm here following along with your plans!! I'm going to be at WDW Oct 8-14 as well and am interested in following you plan F&W etc. I'm debating about making any ADR's on a F&W day at Epcot...but looking at yours I'm thinking maybe making one for dinner and eating lunch at the F&W booths...or vice versa...I am not sure what will work best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter