Why is Disney doing this to me!!!

moosebug

Disney Bound in December. Loves ladybugs. Marrie
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Right whenever I am almost to the second lag of paying off my Dec trip I recieve this email from my travel agent:
"I'm afraid I have a little bad news. We were informed by Disney that there was an error in the quote given to you for your stay. The amount provided ($1808) was correct, but was for a stay of only 5 nights- not the 6 that you need. Rather than contact us, they just made your departure date Dec 12 instead of the 13th. The correct rate should be $2118 instead for a 6 night stay at that time.

I spent several hours over the weekend with their reservation department and Guest Services department and they are unwilling to honor the rate origianlly quoted. However, they are willing to split the difference and accept $1963 as the total for 6 nights at Port Orleans-Rverside in a King Bed room with the Discovery Magic package using that CLO discount code. The head of Dreams also called Disney today to discuss the situation. Disney commented on the number of changes made to your reservation and suggested that all of the activity may have contributed to the rate confusion. While that is not an acceptable reason for this to happen, it is the best we can get for you at this time. The $1963 rate is an excellent rate for that resort and package, but I wish it were still the original rate.

I apologize for the delay in getting this news to you. They sent a memo dated 7/29 and it took about 10 days for it to reach us. I started working on this while at WDW last week when I was notified.

If you want me to get quotes for other resorts for you, please let me know and if you have any questions about this please let me know."

I realise its only 155 more a night but I have nonrefundalbe plane tickets so I am forced to pay that extra $. When you're on a budget every penny counts. Why can't they just eat their mistake? Hello this is historically the slowest time of year. (dec 7-14) Maybe I should go to Universal for my last night... The so called changes were from going from POR to all star movies back to POR after the codes. Oh and I took off one night. I have had this booked since March-April. So 3 changes. I know from reading these boards people change more than that. As far as the changes are concerned what about their sudden cancellation of some past enights. The sudden closing of Crystal Palace. I know these had nothing to do with my vacation but if Disney can spring changes on their guests then why can't a guest do the same thing? Thanks for allowing me to vent and Double check tyour ressies. I would like to thank Dreams unlimited they have been great. Thank you ROB!!!

:( :eek: :(
Disney appears to be making a real effort to make many of their guests very p-$$ed off, and doing a fine job of it too.
I keep reading everyone looking over and coveting their confirmations from Disney. Those conformations don't mean diddley. And if they screw up, they will not stand behind those confirmations. Nor will they admit to screwing up. It's just "policy".
Most of the problems we all see now, most of it is Disney errors and if anything gets taken care of in a satisfactory manner, we about fall over in a dead faint. Of course we are hearing our sides, and not Disney's, but...
I suppose we are hearing, reading, focusing on the bad. Not the other thousands of times everything went as it should.
But if they at least would take care of their errors and offer an apology and something for compensation -- even a meal! :rolleyes:
I really think if they don't turn their act around this coming year, they will be in even more business trouble than they are already. Daily any more I read where even die hard Disney fans are considering vacationing elsewhere, due to cutbacks, screw ups and costs/less bang.
Well, that's my gripe for today -- right or wrong.
I know them screwing you over can make you want to cancel the trip entirely -- been there done that. If I hadn't bought plane tix, we would have not gone in May.
Grin, bear it and have a great vacation -- in spite of what they did. Easy to say I know; harder to follow. (Again, been there, done that.)
{{{ }}}
If you need to vent more, we are here.
I think we need to start a CRO/resort support group. ;)
Oops -- sorry -- the rose shading must be wearing off my glasses. :jester:

Thanks for the support. I am still really teed off.

$155 a night? What am I missing? It looks like $155 overall. They originally gave you $361/nite and now it's down to $327/nite. I realize you thought you had $301/nite because of the 6 nights, but it's not quite so bleak as it might be. I agree they screwed up, but it does seem as if they are trying to meet you halfway. Please don't let it ruin your vacation.

I hate to say this but SO MUCH FOR TRAVEL AGENTS!!!! Have made many res with CRO and have never had them change a quoted price for a res. I have always called CRO direct. Most of the time they try very hard to get the best rate, be it Florida resident or pass holder or just a unadvertised hotel special. Sorry for your troubles but from what I have heard of other people's experiences with agents I doubt if I would ever use one. Had a trip to Newfoundland once and the agent checked for 2 days for my requests and never came up with what I wanted, I got exactly what I wanted on Expedia in 10 minutes and faxed it to the agent, they just said We can book that if you want. Needless to say that was my one and only use of an agent.

I don't think it was the tavel agent on this one. Disney is obviously taken some sort of responsibility hence the half off last night deal.

Oh that is NOT right! Even if is is only $155. That was their mistake. Isn't that the whole point of a "quote". And anyway, looking at it from a business standpoint, that is a bad decision on their part to make you pay for it. You figure, you spent thousands and thousands of dollars on your vacation. You are probably not going to book through those people again, so they just lost thousands and thousands of dollars on a future vacation..and over what? $155. I'm surprised they are still in business. Just to let you know for the future, I booked my vacation online through Diney's official site, got a really good deal and had NO problems whatsoever. And I didn't even have to deal with any travel agents. It was great! Don't let it ruin your vacation though. Have fun!! Your going to Disney World!!!!!!!! ( oh you're so lucky)

moosebug,

I am very sorry for what happened to your reservation. For your case, I have faith in Dreams Unlimited, but not CRO of Walt Disney. With the new CM that joins the office this summer, I have heard so many terrible stories about people's reservation being cancelled or changed without further notice. I have also been given the wrong quote by CMs at CRO. Also, each CM would tell you different things. That's why we would call back if one CM does not give us the good news.

So have you book the tix for 12th or 13th? you can still cancel the package and get full refund, cann't you? You can rebook a package using the code or stay at somewhere else. The most important issue is to know that you will be on vacation during that time of the year..

Good luck!

:Pinkbounc

We're booked using the Discovery magic plan. My agent went ahead and booked the 7-13 so i will pay it if I have to. Hopefully I can get everyhtin straightened out. I made a 400 paymetn this morning (before I knew) and it took me down to 848. Now I am back over 1000. Bummers. this is our belated honeymoon (since Sept 11) so I want everything perfect. Dreams has been fantastic and I would really reccomend them to anyone. It' s CRO. i think it would have been different if they would have told me a few days later--- but a month later and after I make the deposit? I had other plans with that money (the yuletide tour and my candlelight processional dinner, MVMCP) and its like another 150 added to the budget.

I can't figure this out. Are the cm's at CRO that incompetent or are they getting even with management for cut backs. Or are they that overworked?

???????????

This scenario sounds like a travel agent trying to cover up their own mistake to me. I'm not trying to defend CRO or anything, it just sounds a little fishy and my instincts point to the TA. CRO sent a memo informing the TA that they discovered that the quote was for 5 nights instead of 6, how did they know it was supposed to be for 6 and then they just decided to add on an extra day and charge the TA/you for it? I just don't think CRO pays that close attention to details, once something is in writing and on paper, it's a done deal. It sounds more like the TA received a confirmation notice and discovered themselves that the quote was not for the correct amount of days and then tried to cut a deal with CRO to save face. Sorry to be such a pessimist, but that would be my first instinct.

I agree with dbond. Sounds like there is something a little strange here. I'd be willing to bet that your agent screwed this up and is passing the buck. Perhaps the next step is to get DU to eat the other half of the cost.

Good luck!

Erin :D

Look at your original writen confirmation from WDW. If it had the correct check in and check out dates on it, with a package total, and they have taken your deposit money, you have both entered into a legally binding contract...offer, acceptance, and consideration. If this is the case, they can not change the contract without your consent. If they try, you can sue them.

If the original confirmation has the wrong check out date and you didn't notice, that's your fault (or your TA's).

Anne

Seems a little strange to me too. Disney always sends out confirmations that show exactly what is in their system. That probably went to the travel agent and maybe they didn’t check it. Luv2Roam, why do you say the confirmations don’t mean anything? Have you seen examples of the reservations/rates on confirmations not being honored? That would really surprise me and I would think it would be illegal.

Originally posted by WDWCRAZY32
I hate to say this but SO MUCH FOR TRAVEL AGENTS!!!! Have made many res with CRO and have never had them change a quoted price for a res. I have always called CRO direct. Most of the time they try very hard to get the best rate, be it Florida resident or pass holder or just a unadvertised hotel special. Sorry for your troubles but from what I have heard of other people's experiences with agents I doubt if I would ever use one. Had a trip to Newfoundland once and the agent checked for 2 days for my requests and never came up with what I wanted, I got exactly what I wanted on Expedia in 10 minutes and faxed it to the agent, they just said We can book that if you want. Needless to say that was my one and only use of an agent.

WDWCRAZY32...
i'm so sorry for the negative experiences that you have had with using travel agents! being a former agent myself, i do have to say something in agent's defense...in taking 2 days to get back to you, some agencies, i know mine was one of them, get so busy that it does take a little time to get back to clients. there were days that i would be working on 5 different trips all over the world! it's also a possibility that the agent may have been trying to work with an air fare consolidator to get you a great fare...

i'm not trying to defend the particular agent that you were working with for your newfoundland trip...it's possible that you had a lazy agent. it happens, i know, i've worked with a few of them! i can only vouch for myself and the ladies that i worked closely with...we were always VERY careful of what we booked for clients. we had forms that we had to fill out to make sure that we had the correct dates, flights, hotels, etc. and we used our forms to match the faxed confirmations that we would receive from the tour operator BEFORE we quoted prices to clients.

i loved my job and would do it again in a heartbeat, but with the travel economy the way it is right now, agencies just aren't hiring anymore. so i'll be patient and wait until i can find a job with a respectable and reliable agency...i sincerely hope that someday, you will be able to work with a travel agent again and have a more positive experience! if i was a working agent right now, i would help you with your travel plans!!

i can say that my very favorite destination to book was WDW. i loved getting people all excited about going and telling them little tips and tricks that i have picked up over my trips there. i knew exactly what to recommend to a family sitting there at my desk...
oh! how i miss booking disney on a daily basis....i have been unemployed as an agent now for a year...btw, it was my choice to leave the agency. moved to california temporarily and then didn't move back to the same area i was in before so i couldn't work for them anymore...:(

have a good day!!! happy travels!!!

Well...
I had booked all star movies from Dec 7- Dec 13. When the codes came out DU called and asked what the rate would be to switch to POR. Disney said 1808. DU never changed the dates on that ressie (which was on a written conf for six nights) only added the code and POR. Well I have been applying paymetns to my vacation maybe when they were posting it to my account did someone see the rate was wrong and made my departure date 12/12 instead of 12/13 then send a memo to my TA.

Originally posted by moosebug
Well...
I had booked all star movies from Dec 7- Dec 13. When the codes came out DU called and asked what the rate would be to switch to POR. Disney said 1808. DU never changed the dates on that ressie (which was on a written conf for six nights) only added the code and POR. Well I have been applying paymetns to my vacation maybe when they were posting it to my account did someone see the rate was wrong and made my departure date 12/12 instead of 12/13 then send a memo to my TA.

ANy time you make any change to an existing reservation, a new confirmation is printed and mailed. I'd tell your TA you want to see them all. Sounds like both CRO and the TA made errors, I"d look at all the paperwork and then figure out for sure and hold them responsible.

Anne

Revised confirmations are sent out as soon as changes are made. Sounds like the error on the confirmation was not picked up by the agent. Did you ever get a revised confirmation? I doubt very much that CRO bothers looking at the reservations once in their computer unless someone calls about it. They have enough to do with answering the hundreds of phone calls coming in constantly.

I would tend to agree with the previous posters. Seems your TA missed something along the way.

I would ask the TA for the ORIGINALS of all confirmations sent to him/her by Disney. That way, you will be able to scrutinize each one for yourself and see what happened.

If the TA goofed, he should be liable to pay the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter