Why is Disney doing this to me!!!

"The only confirmation sheet we have was after the dates were changed. The reservation (including dates) was confirmed when your deposit was transferred to Disney and the dates were OK at that time. (Dec 7-13). When we received the 7/29 confirmation, the dates were 12/7-12/12 and we then tried to correct the error.

Otherwise, we don't have any printed offers from Disney as most bookings are handled over the phone. Unfortunately, Disney has chosen to adopt a "your word against ours" attitude at this point."
This is an email from my TA why I don't have it on confirmation sheet. I have never gotten a confirmation from Disney.

"If the TA goofed, he should be liable to pay the difference."
I don't have the guts to ask him to do that. DH said the same thing last night that they should take it out of their commission f it was their fault.

It sounds like the TA goofed. The rates come out of a computer, I'm sure the original reservation in the computer was for one less day. Either the Disney operator misread the screen or the TA confused the number of days vs the number of nights for your trip (MY GUESS). Disney has done all they're going to do, they never gave you written confirmation with what you thought you bought. I don't believe the TA's story, I think they spent the time trying to figure out how to tell you they screwed up.
The problem was between the TA and Disney. Just ask the TA, Disney is paying for half the mistake, how much of the difference are you willing to pay?

It sounds like the TA is doing a good job of blaming this mess on Disney. I would be VERY assertive with them and demand all documentation regarding your trip. Emails won't do any good.

If they give you the runaround, tell them they can expect a call from your attorney to "help" you straighten this out.

Moosebug - I used a TA for the first time this trip. I also changed my resorts. I was sent two confirmations - neither from Disney. They were both from the travel agency. Did you receive a written confirmation from the TA?

I'm just kind of confused how Disney would discover this error. It doesn't seem logical - even if they were receiving a payment, that would be an a/r clerk posting money...if they studied dates on a reservation, they would never get their job done - which is making sure your account is correctly credited, and the money is correctly deposited. Nothing to do with reservations, dates, total package amounts. Highly unlikely a/r would red flag that as they wouldn't know there was an error - they wouldn't know you were supposed to be there until 12/13 instead of 12/12. Only YOU and your TA would know that.

Looks like this is between TA and Dis. I think Dis did a good job of compensating for something that - as much as the TA tries - they really can NOT blame entirely on Dis.

If you have a WRITTEN confirmation from TA quoting the pkg amount and the correct check-in and check-out date, then I don't feel you are responsible for additional monies. The TA should definitely be picking up the difference. If you don't have a written confirmation, you can still ask the TA to comp this. You might not get it - but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I completely agree that the TA messed up and Disney is just doing him a favor. I have worked for a hotel before and I can tell you that most TAs do not call in and make the reservations. They do it all on computer. If the small Hotel I worked for was able to have the TAs interface with their systems, I am sure Disney offers the same. I would bet the TA never talked to anyone at CRO until he realized he had made the mistake. Do you even know if it is WDW giving you the half night discount? How do you know WDW is not getting paid what it is supposed to and the TA already eating the discount offered?

I remember reading somewhere that WDW preferres using TAs b/c their fee is less than it costs them to have the extra manpower needed if there were no TAs making reservations. That leads me to believe your TA never even talked to them to make the reservation.

Another note: The TAs job is to take care of your vacation plans. Even if CRO did make a mistake, it was his responsibility to catch it before he turned the numbers over to you. Either way the TA should pay in my opinion.

This is what your Travel Agent said?

"The only confirmation sheet we have was after the dates were changed. The reservation (including dates) was confirmed when your deposit was transferred to Disney and the dates were OK at that time. (Dec 7-13). When we received the 7/29 confirmation, the dates were 12/7-12/12 and we then tried to correct the error.

This doesn't make sense to me. I've gotten a confirmation from Disney everytime any little thing has happened...including just making a reservation and not having paid the deposit yet. We have made the ressie ourselves and used a travel agent before. When we used a travel agent, we were sent a copy of the confirmation from Disney. (Disney sent it to the travel agent and the travel agent sent me a copy.)

Why wouldn't your travel agent have received a confirmation when the reservation was made, another when the deposit was made and another everytime there was a change of any kind? Mine did...the difference is, mine sent me a copy of all these.

I tend to agree with others here, I think the travel agent is responsible.

The most interesting part of this is that if you back out the tax from the $1808, then take the commission, and subtract taht from the $2118, it works out to be very close to the offer of $1963.

Makes me wonder if WDW is even aware of this whole debacle...it looks to me like the agent has booked the room for $2118, but is throwing their commission in, and having you pick up the difference.

Anne

I vote you stay 5 nights of the orginal ressies and go to US for your last night at PBH you can get a del pool view with a king room for 180.00 ent rate and you'll wish you'd never seen Disney! IF your staying at port orleans you will love PBH it is amazing!!!! What ever you choose I'm sorry for your aggravation leading up to your much needed and well deserved vacation. I'm sure you'll have a blast when you arrive and all this will be behind you.

"If the TA goofed, he should be liable to pay the difference."
I don't have the guts to ask him to do that. DH said the same thing last night that they should take it out of their commission f it was their fault.

This is why Travel Agencies have Errors and Omissions Insurance.

"The only confirmation sheet we have was after the dates were changed....When we received the 7/29 confirmation, the dates were 12/7-12/12 and we then tried to correct the error.

Otherwise, we don't have any printed offers from Disney as most bookings are handled over the phone.

The booking of a reservation is handled over the phone, but all reservations with Disney are sent written confirmations upon the reservation being made. Sounds like something is fishy here.

Originally posted by ducklite
The most interesting part of this is that if you back out the tax from the $1808, then take the commission, and subtract taht from the $2118, it works out to be very close to the offer of $1963.

Makes me wonder if WDW is even aware of this whole debacle...it looks to me like the agent has booked the room for $2118, but is throwing their commission in, and having you pick up the difference.

Anne

I agree. I think your TA messed up, then the agent threw in thier commision & wants you to pay the rest. I really can't see how it would happen any other way. JMHO

Originally posted by dbond
This scenario sounds like a travel agent trying to cover up their own mistake to me. I'm not trying to defend CRO or anything, it just sounds a little fishy and my instincts point to the TA. CRO sent a memo informing the TA that they discovered that the quote was for 5 nights instead of 6, how did they know it was supposed to be for 6 and then they just decided to add on an extra day and charge the TA/you for it? I just don't think CRO pays that close attention to details, once something is in writing and on paper, it's a done deal. It sounds more like the TA received a confirmation notice and discovered themselves that the quote was not for the correct amount of days and then tried to cut a deal with CRO to save face. Sorry to be such a pessimist, but that would be my first instinct.

Actually, this is probably what happened. I've been a travel agent for 6 years and I sell Disney like crazy (my specialty of course ;) ) and luckily because of my knowledge as a Disney regular visitor myself I know if they quote a price that seems too good to be true but they (Disney) have quoted me the wrong rates and recapped with me and I noticed in the recap that the dates were wrong or wrong resort or resort magic instead of discovery magic etc and at that time I say something BUT (we are all human) there has been a time or 2 when I missed the recap because maybe I was typing into my computer or writing stuff down and didn't notice the mistake at that time on the phone but they always always send a faxed confirmation and you can check it within minutes of hanging up so if the dates were wrong the travel agent should have known since day one of the res -- both are at fault (Disney for not listening when the res was made and the travel agent for not noticing the error either by the verbal recap or by the written confirmation) but it should have been pointed out to you from the beginning. If you can prove that the travel agent was at fault they should eat the difference, not you. They'll have to take it out of the commission and this may be what they are doing now -- telling you that you only owe half per Disney but they are actually aware it was their fault and are taking the other half out of their profit. I would talk to them about this.

Dreams is wonderful!!!!!! All in all there is something somewhere that shows Disney messed up but is onlly willing to go halfway. Dreams is eating the rest. I think that shows great customer service regardless of who is at fault. So my dilema is solved!!! DH thinks it is becaucse of this thread. Thank you Dreams!

ukcatfan, dreams actually IS this site! The owner of the travel agency also owns these boards (at least I think that's how it works). But it's still a place you can openly discuss (almost) anything!

I really believe this was Disney's fault, because they have so many new people and it's a difficult job. A lot of people complain about MAJOR screw ups at CRO, with no resolution, but the worst I ever hear about Dreams is that they didn't return an email within a day. I'm glad they proved they are a good company by taking care of their client, no matter who made the mistake :)

Originally posted by moosebug
Dreams is wonderful!!!!!! All in all there is something somewhere that shows Disney messed up but is onlly willing to go halfway. Dreams is eating the rest. I think that shows great customer service regardless of who is at fault. So my dilema is solved!!! DH thinks it is becaucse of this thread. Thank you Dreams!

That or else the boss of the person who screwed up at DU found this thread and made it right. Either way glad your dilema is solved.

You are right, Gillian. DU was started and is owned and operated by the people of this website, some of whom I've known for more than four years. They are a great crew and, IMO, no one should hesitate to use their service.

Was the offer to charge you just $155. more f9or the sixth night for the room include the unlmited magic pass for the day after?

That is nto too bad, if you ask yourself, if $1963 or $2118 was quoted up front would you have booked it anyway?

Or of you are really upset about this late breaking mistake, could you cancel the whole package and book something else of your own choice for those dates?

If keeping costs to a minimum is a priority, you could rebook everything at the All Stars.

It is always wise to insist on prompt written confirmations for everything, the travel agent might not be able to get it instantly but should be able to get it upon request within a few days.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter