Why is Disney not looking after it’s UK guests?

Tried to call Disney yesterday and now bang on 10am as they open today, just keep getting told their offices are closed. Anyone else having this?
Yes. Ive tried to be patient with them but this is really amateurish. They seem to have simply switched the phones off. I called multiple times during ‘opening hours’ yesterday and they were closed. Today seems to be the same 😡 If they are closed then at least update the voice message. Really poor.

Yep getting the same here. Office are closed. They seem to have closed them early yesterday due to the amount of calls.

Agreed, surely if they knew it would be busy they would have changed the message or at least made a call back
Available.

Rational head response is that they'll have so many callbacks requested yesterday they won't be able to open their phone lines today. In which case good luck getting through to them by the 27th with that many bookings needing a call to discuss.

Tinfoil hat response is that they don't want people to call to modify, instead cancelling to make way for local guests or go this year as international guinea pigs.

Same here at 10:08: "Welcome to Disney International. Our offices are currently closed., Openeng hours are Sunday 10am...")

Rational head response is that they'll have so many callbacks requested yesterday they won't be able to open their phone lines today. In which case good luck getting through to them by the 27th with that many bookings needing a call to discuss.

Tinfoil hat response is that they don't want people to call to modify, instead cancelling to make way for local guests or go this year as international guinea pigs.

Even if they did have call backs surely they would request more staff in to work overtime and place a few members on call backs as others on direct calls. Closing the line isn't really the way to do it.

Had a lot of sympathy with them, along with other companies as these are obviously unprecedented times. However, this is really inexcusable. 🤷‍♂️

We're 'through' now, and have been able to choose to 'modify' our booking. Message saying "your estimated wait time is 167 minutes":scared: It gave the option to either wait in the queue or request a call back. We're going to hold on, and hope the phone battery doesn't die! We'll let you know how we get on. Hopefully others can get through now too!

Yes, but finally got in queue in last 5 minutes.

They are in for a battle with me. I’ve got screen shots of lower prices offered from midnight until breakfast time this morning. About £700 lower than before and after. It is still £300 more with tickets than last year ignoring the $300 gift card and QSDP

It said my queue was ‘longer than 10 minutes’ whatever that means. Let’s see who ‘wins’ the race to be spoken to, or gets cut off first LOL

Interesting to see a ‘DIS Veteran” highly amused by it all. Strange behaviour 🤷‍♂️ Probably thinks a billion dollar company unable to operate a voicemail facility is normal. 😂

Even if they did have call backs surely they would request more staff in to work overtime and place a few members on call backs as others on direct calls. Closing the line isn't really the way to do it.

👍 Correct, its really not that difficult. 😂🙈

they can request more staff to work overtime they can't force them if someone doesn't want to work extra that is their choice

they can request more staff to work overtime they can't force them if someone doesn't want to work extra that is their choice
They can also not put in place a deadline which is in reality pointless anyway as nobody is likely to be allowed into the US from the UK for quite some tone to come.

They could have made an online system in the time it took them to come out with this debacle.

That's true, I'm hoping the case is they asked a few people to work and not just head in to today with minimum staff. I'm currently 58 minutes on hold as I type this. I was speaking to my partner last night about it all, I think they thought the email the sent round please people but from what I've seen and heard from its done the opposite. I get the feeling they are not aware what the situation is for many people with flights being cancelled through to September and October.

Edit: I would happily call within the week when its quieter however are unable to do so.

OR, if they announce opening hours of 8am to 7pm Saturday and 10am opening time on a Sunday, they should perhaps open and close in line with these hours instead of just switching the phones off. 🤔

Yes, but finally got in queue in last 5 minutes.

They are in for a battle with me. I’ve got screen shots of lower prices offered from midnight until breakfast time this morning. About £700 lower than before and after. It is still £300 more with tickets than last year ignoring the $300 gift card and QSDP
Thats interesting, can I ask what dates and hotel this was ? To be fair the dates and hotels I have been looking at have always remained consistent ( albeit consistently high😂)

Out of interest, if you are on hold with them, what are you expecting them to help with other than cancel, move the date or book a new holiday?

Thats interesting, can I ask what dates and hotel this was ? To be fair the dates and hotels I have been looking at have always remained consistent ( albeit consistently high😂)
My 1st choice remains as current booking POFQ and that price based on there. however all hotels came down in price.

it happened at about midnight. I know they will say we use dynamic pricing, but we could not take an online booking for same reasons as you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter