Why is trying to register for DAS so frustrating? NOTE FROM MOD: this is about OPTIONAL VIDEO DAS Registration

I am looking to get a DAS for my younger son. I rather not speak about his issues directly in front of him. He is only 5 years old I know he has to be present for a video chat so I think its in his best interest not to do the video chat but what about in person how do I discreetly explain this to a cast member while he is next to me. Has anyone ever had this issue before and what is the best way to go about it
They only need to see the person to take their picture, you could definitely explain the situation in another room and then go find him for the picture. I've even seen reports of parents doing the chat while their kids are sleeping and they use a sleeping pic

I believe he must be present even in person.

After I posted this, I read the a above post. Sounds like that's the best option.

I'm not sure about the picture while sleeping, but you definitely can have the conversation with him in the other room.

Or if getting DAS onsite, have your son sit on a bench (or stand to the side) while you chat at the counter, then call him up for the picture.

I'm not sure about the picture while sleeping, but you definitely can have the conversation with him in the other room.

Or if getting DAS onsite, have your son sit on a bench (or stand to the side) while you chat at the counter, then call him up for the picture.
I‘m not sure about the sleeping picture either.
I have seen people posting that the person registering for DAS was sleeping when the call started, but none that said a picture was taken of a sleeping person (the ones I saw said they did wake the person for the picture).

I agree that you can have a conversation with him in the other room. If you are using a mobile device, you can just take it to where he is for the few seconds to identify him to the CM and have the picture taken.
For in person, I would do what lanejudy suggested.

Keep in mind, you don’t need to go into great detail about his needs. The question the CM asks is usually a variation of “What concerns do you have about waiting in lines?”

I am looking to get a DAS for my younger son. I rather not speak about his issues directly in front of him. He is only 5 years old I know he has to be present for a video chat so I think its in his best interest not to do the video chat but what about in person how do I discreetly explain this to a cast member while he is next to me. Has anyone ever had this issue before and what is the best way to go about it
On the video chat, you should be able to have him in the other room and let the cast member know, then bring him in. I think the video chat would actually be easier to accomplish this.

I just posted a quick thread in the forum that I wanted to give people hope. Even though the site said to try again later, I kept clicking on the register for chat button and within a few clicks, I got a chat window. It was 3PM CST. Only had to wait maybe 10 minutes and a CM replied. Got the video chat done super quickly and got all of my pre- requests done within a half hour total. I did get booted by the site once, but re-logged in, refreshed the window a few times and I was back in the same chat. I hope more people have that luck because I was DREADING this call and had been planning on just getting the pass in person again as always. Just thought what the heck, I'll give it a shot. pixiedust:

My mom had a DAS pass during our October visit last year. Someone told me this is good for a year. Does this mean that we don't have to apply again for our May trip? Is this automatically loaded on her Magic Band? Thank you!

I was able to do the pre registration for DAS yesterday and make my ride selections. I connected to the CM on the video chat within about 5-10 minutes and was approved very quickly. And then went to the chat where I made my selections. All told, it was under an hour total to take care of it all. They were able to set it up for my party changes (I will be solo my first 2 days and then friends joining me my last 4 days in the parks - just had to ensure we were all connected in MDE together). So my rides are set up as party of 1 for 3/5 and 3/6 and then as a party of 3 for 3/7-3/10). If I end up booking a park for 3/11, I will just use the same day ones they way I do at Disneyland. Was overall very easy.

Did mine today. It was about an hour wait, on the Disney site it warned of high wait times. It disconnected twice during that time but I was able to log back on.

The process itself was really easy. CM just asked my concerns about waiting in line and I was approved in less than 2 mins. He was very nice and friendly and explained some of the new changes. Then I was transferred to a CM to make my selections. I was able to get everything I wanted. This process took a while and I got disconnected a few times but what I liked is she gave me a few times that were available for each ride and I was able to plan them around our ADRs etc. It's nice to have it all set now and to have the preselections.

As a non-USA resident we are not allowed to pre-register (or at least we wasn't in November) but have to visit guest services on our first day. What I found to be completely unfair is that despite paying the same amount for our tickets if you are a US citizen you are able to pre book 2 rides at a time whereas us Brits are only allowed 1 ..... I hope that they change this to make it more fair

As a non-USA resident we are not allowed to pre-register (or at least we wasn't in November) but have to visit guest services on our first day. What I found to be completely unfair is that despite paying the same amount for our tickets if you are a US citizen you are able to pre book 2 rides at a time whereas us Brits are only allowed 1 ..... I hope that they change this to make it more fair
I’m not sure what you mean by the bolded above…if Brits can’t do the pre-registration, then how are you able to pre-book even one ride?

I just posted this on the other thread. It isn't about citizenship or even really residency or non-US. It's about accessing the video chat.

Anyone who registers for DAS in advance via the video pre-registration is eligible for the 2 DAS Advanced Selections in addition to the day-of DAS Return Times. If you register on-site at a WDW park, you are only eligible for day-of DAS Return Times. So there is no "only allowed 1."

As I understand it, the challenge is connecting to the video pre-registration, which is primarily accessible via the US website and only available in English at this time. That said, I have heard of people in Canada using a VPN to access the DAS pre-registration, essentially by bypassing the Canadian WDW website. I'm not techie enough to know if that is what's actually occurring or if it would work from another country.

I just posted this on the other thread. It isn't about citizenship or even really residency or non-US. It's about accessing the video chat.

Anyone who registers for DAS in advance via the video pre-registration is eligible for the 2 DAS Advanced Selections in addition to the day-of DAS Return Times. If you register on-site at a WDW park, you are only eligible for day-of DAS Return Times. So there is no "only allowed 1."

As I understand it, the challenge is connecting to the video pre-registration, which is primarily accessible via the US website and only available in English at this time. That said, I have heard of people in Canada using a VPN to access the DAS pre-registration, essentially by bypassing the Canadian WDW website. I'm not techie enough to know if that is what's actually occurring or if it would work from another country.
This!
people from Canads and UK have reported they were not able to access the video registration from their country. They reported when they tried, it popped back to their country’s WDW website.

However, I can see people trying to get it to "replace" the free fast pass which makes it harder on those who actually need it.

I can also see people who used to manage their legitimate medical need by using FastPass instead of going through the stress of requesting the DAS, now having to break down and go through the process because FP is no longer within their means.

Logged in at 7 AM and had CM video chat at 7:35 AM. Took about 45 seconds lol. Had all pre booked fast passes by 8AM. Tried several times during the week and couldn’t really wait it out. Sunday early worked well for me.

I keep getting logged out of the Disney site and need to log back in, is this norma? Waited 8 hours yesterday and nothing, I’m on hour 3 today. I do not even know if it’s doing anything. Every 45 minutes or so it kicks me out, I log back in and the chat is still there, so I guess I’m still in Queue? This seems like a ridiculous process, my frustration levels are high.

That it apparently normal. Took me 25 hours to complete the whole process. Think this may be the final disney straw for us.

4.5 hours 2/14 finally got an agent, but while talking to her Disney site kept crashing/kicking us out, etc.

4.2 hours 2/19 never got an agent even

10.5 hours 2/20 never got an agent

5 hours yesterday right at 7:00. Got an agent 20 mins in that told me registered for DAS as of 2/14 and transferred to selections agent. After 40 mins with her, had selections for two of our 8 days. Cut off. The link in the chat never worked then spent another 4 hours waiting again for an agent and then making selections

Spoke to GS and they said this is normal and a constant compliant they get right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter