Why is trying to register for DAS so frustrating? NOTE FROM MOD: this is about OPTIONAL VIDEO DAS Registration

Long waits were common in the first month, but most people’s more recent reports are much shorter -less than 2 hours. Sometimes a lot less
My family’s experience was about 45 minutes including making DAS Advance Selections for 5 park days (and asking for some to be changed)

I waited 7 hours each on 2/20 and 2/21 and trying again today. Lets hope I get in today. What makes it even harder is my son is in school until 3 so I hope they don't answer until then.

I waited 7 hours each on 2/20 and 2/21 and trying again today. Lets hope I get in today. What makes it even harder is my son is in school until 3 so I hope they don't answer until then.
same issue. I work full time and then DS has to be present so evenings and weekends. I did connect 2/14 and did have to wake my son for the photo all before being disconnected. Talking to GS they are getting so many complaints everyday on exactly this. It is a completely different subdivision of Disney that only those agents have access to - at least for preregistration. He said this is such an issue they are looking at ways to fix.....I also complained because we have an AP. My son's issues are not temporary and will not disappear during the life of our AP. As long as there is a current photo of the child, why is DAS not good for the life of the ticket. My argument. The agent totally agreed. The photo taken at the parks in November is definitely better than the barely lit bedroom half sleeping photo.

4 hours Sunday and 8 hours yesterday with no luck, finally someone responded today on the 5th hour of waiting. Once I got someone the whole process of text chatting, video chatting, and selecting rides was 10 minutes or less and very easy. The wait the past few days has not been fun, and anxiety provoking for me. But it’s done and that’s a good thing!
i go again in May, fingers crossed the wait will be easier when I call to reapply!

I can handle the wait but I constantly get logged off and have to sign out and sign back in and reload the chat. I have no idea if that puts me in the back of the queue again.

When you are “waiting”. Should I see anything on my screen telling me I’m still “in line”? How do I know I haven’t been logged out??

When you are “waiting”. Should I see anything on my screen telling me I’m still “in line”? How do I know I haven’t been logged out??
If you change browser then you get kicked out, supposedly you go to the back of the line according to GS supervisor rep (not the DAS people - didn't ask them). What ultimately worked for me was when the chat box went white, refreshing the screen until it had me log back in. Once logged in again, I would have to refresh the screen a number of times before the chat box would take. Sometimes 2 times, sometimes 8... you are automatically logged out after 30 min and will need to log back into the site. You'll know you're logged out when the chat box goes white.

Yep - I’ve even seen people heat post that they never needed a DAS before, but that they’ll “need” it now that free FP is gone…

That's me. Despite many chronic health issues, including severe lung problems needing oxygen at times, type 1 diabetes with an insulin pump, chronic pain, and gastroparesis I never really felt the need for a DAS. I always stay on property and was always religious about booking my fast passes at the opening. During the day I would "fiddle faddle" with the app to get fast passes I wanted or just head back to the resort after my 3.

I don't want the DAS. I've never needed it before. My trip is next month. I keep checking the wait times. They're routinely over 2 hours even for rides that weren't hard for a fastpass before. I'll be able to do 1 ride a day if I have to wait in a 2 hour line, and even then there's a good chance I just won't be able to wait in that ride. So here I am.

The process definitely needs to be looked at, it shouldn't be as difficult and time consuming as it is.
I tried for a few days not knowing that it worked better on Chrome, and that I needed to disable all the security settings on my laptop. So for those few days when I would click on the link to start a chat, it would direct me to a general Disney webpage. I asked on this forum and was told to adjust all my settings and use Chrome.
That worked, and it did open a chat window for me. I kept checking the chat window every 20 to 30 minutes throughout the day. So from finally getting the window open at 10:25am until 3:45pm, nothing. Then at 345pm a CM said they were ready. I didn't see that until 3:58pm, and by that time they had already said since I had not responded, they were closing the chat. I was not happy with that.
I typed in that I still needed assistance and got the "we are helping excited guests with Genie+" rigamarole that they are saying. I continued to check the chat and refresh until 8:45pm, when another message popped up saying they were closing out the chat.
The next day I logged on at 6:05 CST. Kept refreshing. 731am started the chat, and by 748am was being helped with making Advanced reservations. Done with that by 827am.

I am happy they offer this service to those who need it, but the whole process leaves a lot to be desired. It was very anxiety producing and time consuming.

Hi all! I started reading this thread a few weeks ago in prep for our day and it came today! Here is our experience below

*all times are in EST, but we are on the West Coast*

Initially I thought there was no way in heck I'd get up at 4 am for this, but reading your reports made me nervous, and since our day fell on a Saturday we decided to tough it out.

The day before I set all of my security settings on Chrome to basically none, and disabled my adblocker and popup blockers. We got up at 6:45 am and I turned off our VPN, accepted the T&Cs at 6:59, and hit "request video chat" right at 7.

At 7:01, the chat changed and we were connected to a CM. We gave them the info they requested, then the video chat started. All the CM said was "Good Morning" and then dove right into asking why we needed DAS (I'm paraphrasing there). We explained, they said ok lets get it set up. Took a photo, explained some more info about the DAS, then ended the call and transferred us to preselect our attractions. Video chat was done by 7:06 am.

When the call ended, we noticed a big red message had popped up on the page that read something like "We are experiencing extremely high waits/calls and recommend trying back later".

At 7:10, we were connected to the preselection booking CM, who explained some more stuff and then asked me to list all of our days. Date, which park, day of the week, etc. With each park we were to list our top 3 attractions and preferred times.

During this time I asked if the new additions to Genie+ were available and were told they are not for preselections (no big deal for us, just thought I'd ask for you guys lol!)

It took a bit to list all that out, and then the CM said because I was logged in they auto-populated my times in my MDE and to please go check. I did, and we got all of our "top 2" choices at each park, including Slinky Dog Dash and Peter Pan. All my times are before 2 except Peter Pan, but that's fine because we will be leaving and coming back in the evening that day anyways.

When all was said and done it was about 7:40. I thanked the CM and said our goodbyes.

The video chat CM was (in my opinion) a bit curt and to the point, but otherwise I would describe our experience as great overall. 40 minutes start to finish.

also, today was 30 days from my first park day, I'm staying onsite, and I was able to book all days at once.

I so appreciate everyone's experience sharing to help us prepare! We have done this at Disneyland a bunch, but not with the new system and never for WDW. Feeling excited this last piece of the puzzle is "done"!

Had our video chat this morning, and it went well. Logged on right at 7am (4am pst! It was an early morning for me today…) and it took about 40 mins to get to the video chat. It went quickly, had to wake my son up to take the picture, and that was that.

We had an issue with our tickets not being linked to our MDE account (they were previously, don’t know how they got deactivated), so I had to call into tech support to figure that out. Got a call back about 90 minutes later for that and they quickly sorted out my tickets.

Went back online for the chat later this afternoon and while there were a couple of glitches that cut me off of the chat, we were able to book all the rides we needed at the times we wanted, for the most part.

Also, I checked in regarding booking the new rides they added to Genie+ (Space, MMRR, etc.) but they are not available for DAS pre-booking.

Had our video chat this morning, and it went well. Logged on right at 7am (4am pst! It was an early morning for me today…) and it took about 40 mins to get to the video chat. It went quickly, had to wake my son up to take the picture, and that was that.

We had an issue with our tickets not being linked to our MDE account (they were previously, don’t know how they got deactivated), so I had to call into tech support to figure that out. Got a call back about 90 minutes later for that and they quickly sorted out my tickets.

Went back online for the chat later this afternoon and while there were a couple of glitches that cut me off of the chat, we were able to book all the rides we needed at the times we wanted, for the most part.

Also, I checked in regarding booking the new rides they added to Genie+ (Space, MMRR, etc.) but they are not available for DAS pre-booking.
Hello fellow 4 am warrior! Ours was yesterday 😋 Glad you got everything sorted out!

So crazy question... So I had to cancel my trip. Do I need to call to cancel out the DAS or the ride selections?

It would be polite if you called (or chat) to cancel them because it would free up those slots for someone else. But there is no penalty for not using the DAS Advanced Selections so cancelling is not required.

Ok that was what I was thinking. I was supposed to leave Friday so will try to do so. In the midst of family emergency so may not get a chance.

Ok that was what I was thinking. I was supposed to leave Friday so will try to do so. In the midst of family emergency so may not get a chance.
I hope everything turns out ok, keeping you in my prayers. Again, no penalty if you don't get a chance to cancel the Advanced Selections.

I hope everything turns out ok, keeping you in my prayers. Again, no penalty if you don't get a chance to cancel the Advanced Selections.

Thanks I appreciate the prayers. My Mom had a heart attack last Sunday and bypass surgery on Thursday. She is recovering pretty well all things considered, but it is going to be slow since she is 83. So my time not working (tend to Disboard at work when I have a few minutes) is spent with her. And once she comes home, i am going to be even more busy taking care of her.

Thanks I appreciate the prayers. My Mom had a heart attack last Sunday and bypass surgery on Thursday. She is recovering pretty well all things considered, but it is going to be slow since she is 83. So my time not working (tend to Disboard at work when I have a few minutes) is spent with her. And once she comes home, i am going to be even more busy taking care of her.

Please do come back and let us know how she (and you!) are doing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter