Why my trip to Universal?

As an esophageal cancer survivor, I give you ginormous thumbs up and wish you the best of trips. From your "language" I am assuming you are from the UK - or Australia - and I welcome you to America and I hope you have the trip of a lifetime. But your lifetime isn't over and you have the opportunity for more lifetime trips (as have been my 8 trips to Europe!)

Spike

Not many sleeps left before you start your fabulous vacation!

Indeed! I fly on Sunday so dread to think what dreams I'll be having on Saturday night during the moments when I am asleep.

Its been very strange now counting down days, and not weeks or months, I have 2 more days left at work and they are going to be agony personified, although on Monday at work, just as a random aside, I did wave at, and get a little thumbs up from Victoria Beckham, that was fab!

Bless my stars and garters, just 2 days to go, and still doesnt seem real!

I've done my last lot of laundry (washed my best pants) and made a list of the last minute things I need to do tomorrow.

At work today my ipad kept flashing the date, 1 March 2019, and I had to keep reminding myself that 6 months of planning, research, hospital visits, YouTube videos and waiting was finally about to see fruition.

I'm taking a notebook with me to do a little diary of each day so I can do a report on here when I get back for all you lovely folks, who have been so supportive, helpful and just fab quite frankly!

I'll definitely try and post on here while I'm away depending on how my phone deals with the wi-fi that is available to me, as I'd love to let all you guys know how I'm getting on.

I'll post again tomorrow night, or Sunday morning before I leave where my excitement level will be dialled up to 11 by then no doubt!

Spike x

As an esophageal cancer survivor, I give you ginormous thumbs up and wish you the best of trips. From your "language" I am assuming you are from the UK - or Australia - and I welcome you to America and I hope you have the trip of a lifetime. But your lifetime isn't over and you have the opportunity for more lifetime trips (as have been my 8 trips to Europe!)

So sorry bit late replying to your most, and it did make me chuckle, yes my "language" is because I'm London born and bred, a true cockney in fact, very proud of that!

A 'Cockney' is a native of London that was born within the sound of Bow Bells (A Church), Wikipedia probably explains that better than me!

Spike you are going to enjoy every minute of your vacation

I’m excited that you are nearing the final countdown for Orlando

I'm taking a notebook with me to do a little diary of each day so I can do a report on here when I get back for all you lovely folks, who have been so supportive, helpful and just fab quite frankly!

I'll definitely try and post on here while I'm away depending on how my phone deals with the wi-fi that is available to me, as I'd love to let all you guys know how I'm getting on.
Safe travels!! The weather looks fabulous for you. Yes please do a trip report-it's also a fun way to relive the vacation!

Spike said: "So sorry bit late replying to your most, and it did make me chuckle, yes my "language" is because I'm London born and bred, a true cockney in fact, very proud of that!

A 'Cockney' is a native of London that was born within the sound of Bow Bells (A Church), Wikipedia probably explains that better than me!"

I've been to London once, in 1979. Even got to wave at the Queen although she failed to invite me to tea. Buggers.
(I tried my darndest but I couldn't seem to "quote"!)

Last edited:
Allo everyone!

Well its been just over a week since I got back (Sob) and I had my surgery yesterday, so taking it easy today and feel oddly alright, although the nurse did tell me that the recovery pain does get worse before it gets better so maybe today is the quiet before the storm, but fingers crossed anyway!

Needless to say, I had an amazing time, it was everything I wanted it to be and am already planning to back before the year is out, probably mid November, before the Thanksgiving holidays but will still be there for a couple of days to see all the Christmas decorations, thats the plan anyway, if that doesnt work out I'll definitely be back there same time next year.

Righty ho, I'm going to head over to the trip report forums and let you all know how it went!

Spike xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter