Why no value hotels available the weekend of February 10th?

Cloudless Nights

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I'm finally heading back to the world in February for a conference, and I was looking to extend my stay a few days once the conference is over. Currently, there are no rooms at any of the value resorts available from Thursday, February 9-Sunday, February 12. Is there some big event I'm missing? I can't afford to stay at a moderate or above at this time, so I'm incredibly disappointed.

Currently, there are no rooms at any of the value resorts available from Thursday, February 9-Sunday, February 12

They're blocked off for certain groups with negotiated rates. Groups often don't use all the blocked rooms. I obviously don't know the details of those specific contracts but at some point the remaining rooms in the block will be released to the public if not reserved by a certain time. Thus, keep checking back. Something will almost definitely open up before your trip.

I had a pickle of a time trying to get something. My daughter has a gymnastic meet (In Tampa) that same weekend and we were trying to get a room for a couple of nights after so we can hang out at Disney a few days. We ended up finally finding one last night at Pop for JUST Sunday night.

Hi all! I'm finally heading back to the world in February for a conference, and I was looking to extend my stay a few days once the conference is over. Currently, there are no rooms at any of the value resorts available from Thursday, February 9-Sunday, February 12. Is there some big event I'm missing? I can't afford to stay at a moderate or above at this time, so I'm incredibly disappointed.
Keep trying, today is one day away from the 30 day mark for the beginning of your requested stay. Inventory can change several times during a single 24hr period. The 30 day mark is some what magical since it is when the final payment of packages is due. There are always cancellations, duration changes and date ranges that Guests make constantly.

Also, consider breaking your long weekend into 2 shorter blocks, often you can get the same resort and even the exact same room class. No guarantees here but it does often work.

Dave

I had a pickle of a time trying to get something. My daughter has a gymnastic meet (In Tampa) that same weekend and we were trying to get a room for a couple of nights after so we can hang out at Disney a few days. We ended up finally finding one last night at Pop for JUST Sunday night.

Yes, keep checking. We were trying to add a night to a trip and found some availability at POP for Sunday night, too.

Cheerleading Nationals...your best bet is to keep calling and hope to snag a cancellation. Best time to call is 1st thing in the morning and again just before close (business hours are usually 8a-6p ET).

UCA bought out all 3 All Star hotels this year for the competition.

We have a DVC Rental starting the 12th but going down the 11th. We are off property the first night and I've been looking for a cheap value for the 11th and there is nothing. I'm hoping something opens up after the 30 day mark. Not sure when they'll release the hold on that block, if at all.

They're blocked off for certain groups with negotiated rates. Groups often don't use all the blocked rooms. I obviously don't know the details of those specific contracts but at some point the remaining rooms in the block will be released to the public if not reserved by a certain time. Thus, keep checking back. Something will almost definitely open up before your trip.

Yeah but then you are in a resort/resorts that will have thousands of cheerleaders. :scared:

* UCA has arranged to “buyout” Disney’s All Star Resort for NHSCC participants and family members purchasing a NHSCC travel package

At this time, hotel registration is at capacity for all family packages

This is from the UCA travel packet and website.

Your best bet would be waiting for cancellation at Pop or AOA.

* UCA has arranged to “buyout” Disney’s All Star Resort for NHSCC participants and family members purchasing a NHSCC travel package

At this time, hotel registration is at capacity for all family packages

This is from the UCA travel packet and website.

Your best bet would be waiting for cancellation at Pop or AOA.

Having at one point handled contracts of this nature in a past job, that is impressive - a buyout of all three resorts that's is indeed a buyout with no vacancies. With that in mind, I'll be happy with my one-night offsite. I don't want to be in that mess.

Having at one point handled contracts of this nature in a past job, that is impressive - a buyout of all three resorts that's is indeed a buyout with no vacancies. With that in mind, I'll be happy with my one-night offsite. I don't want to be in that mess.
I don't think you will be able to be in those resorts. That's why they bought out the all stars this year so everyone is together with no one to complain to Disney.

Thanks for the all the replies! I did end up finding Pop for all three nights about an hour ago, but you have me rethinking my decision to stay there. Booked POFQ as well - will decide tomorrow which one I keep.

Yeah but then you are in a resort/resorts that will have thousands of cheerleaders. :scared:

I thought of that. Lol. But it seems like that's the case half the time anyway.

Thanks for the all the replies! I did end up finding Pop for all three nights about an hour ago, but you have me rethinking my decision to stay there. Booked POFQ as well - will decide tomorrow which one I keep.

Just upgrade to deluxe and be done with it. Guaranteed no cheerleader groups ;) (of course, quite a bit more per night!!)

I really enjoyed POR the one time we stayed there. My 2 cents :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter