Why we are removing the DDP from our upcoming trip

I always do this if we have a one night split stay at the beginning of our trip. We add on the Deluxe dining plan for that one night and we schedule meals where we really like the apps, entrees, and dessert, so usually one signature meal and another TS meal, it works out even better if there is a festival going on and we can burn snack credits at the booths. Otherwise, none of the dining plans work for how we like to eat, they are way too restrictive for us, and I don't want to feel restricted on vacation.

Do the mugs stay activated for the second part of your stay?

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, DS10 so will be a Disney adult this trip, DS6, and DD5). We booked under free dining and it is a great deal for us. We are staying at the Contemporary, and no matter how I priced it all out (room discount vs. free dining), free dining always saves us the most money. It was actually going to cost us just as much to book a room only discount without a dining package, as it did to book the free dining package. There's no question that it's the best deal out there in our circumstances. We prefer to stay in the Disney bubble and would be eating on property regardless, but without the dining plan, we would have been eating more QS meals. With the dining plan, we are going to book the character meals my kids want, Hoop Dee Doo, plus a few other meals my husband and I want. We don't generally order dessert when we go out to eat, so my kids think it's a huge treat to be able to get it on vacation. They also love being able to select snacks (because if we were paying OOP for food, I would be packing some snacks of our own instead of buying them all in the parks). My oldest is looking forward to snacking his way around Food and Wine. He is a little foodie, so he loves the opportunity to try new things, and I don't mind when I am not paying for them.

If the difference was only 50.00, you probably would come out a tiny bit better because of the tax factor. I understand the gluttony part of it. You'll have to do what's right for you.

If the difference was only 50.00, you probably would come out a tiny bit better because of the tax factor. I understand the gluttony part of it. You'll have to do what's right for you.
I had factored in taxes, of course.
It's funny because it wasn't even about the gluttony, it was more because we couldn't be gluttonous in the way we wanted to. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter