Why? Why? Why?

sesame_123

Mouseketeer
Why do things (usually bad)have to happen right before a trip?? Our reservation is screwed up! We are dvc memebers and they changed our reservation number and now the primary name has changed as well, So I have to call tomorrow but that will have to wait until after I take the dog to the vet:scared1: He hasn't eaten since thursday and we are supposed to drop him at the kennel tuesday evening. Ugh I so do not need this stress 3 days before we leave!!! I'm just getting so run down trying to get everything ready for the trip and now throw this in the mix and I'm beat, its a good thing I'm going on vacation:rotfl: Luckily my mom has offered to take care of the dog if the vet says he needs extra care. Thanks for letting me vent!!

OP you are not alone. In our family (even our extended family & friends) we call it the "vacation curse". We have bad things that happen to us right before a trip and we've all come to expect it. Most of the time they are completely unimaginable or unforeseen things that happen. Some are just problems, but most often for us they are major issues like death/funerals, sickness, legal, accidents, surgery, broken bones .....When something doesn't happen we all walk around holding our breath, knowing something will. I won't let my husband use power tools or climb on the roof right before a trip now. We leave this Saturday, and we are still dealing with our most latest vacation curse this trip that, like many of our past ones, is almost unbelieveable which will make you appreciate your issues and think wow, it could be worse. Since we go to WDW 4 times a year, we've had more vacation curses that one person can handle. I'm sure when you call MS today, everything will be good. Just tell yourself, if this is the worse thing that can go wrong, that's great. BTW...since we leave in 5 days, they also changed my reservation number too.

What's the reason for the reservation number change?

Why did they change your name on reservation?

Also a DVC member here and wondering what happened?

BTW - I hope you have a magical trip!

We have issues getting home every time we go! I guess thats better than before the trip but still its Crazy! We have hurricanes, snow storms, er visits, etc. We mostly drive, but had huge snow storm issues during last time we flew. I can't think of one trip that was drama free, but we do always have a great time and look forward to going again.:goodvibes

Hope you have a great vacation!

I have a Hawaii curse; everytime we go there something bad happens. This year my dog's cornea ruptured and the pet sitter had to take him for emergency surgery to have his eye removed.

I plan to keep going to Hawaii until I break the curse. Everyplace else we vacation is fine.

I hope there's nothing major with the dog, I would worry if mine stopped trying to eat for a minute. She's a pig though.

We don't usually have bad luck going, but where we go to seems to have bad luck after we leave. Honeymoon was in Cancun - Hurricane the next year. New Orleans another year - Katrina the year after that. Texas last year - on fire this year. Disney cruise to the bahama's last year - slight damage at Castaway Cay this year. Stayed overnight in the Joplin area last summer - tornado this year.

Just a fair warning to Florida residents we'll be at WDW for a week at the end of this month. I would like to apologize in advance.

Days before our September trip I noticed that my original reservation number was GONE. Since it was after hours I couldn't call them, and found that they had split up my Reservation into the three it should have been, and assigned three entirely different numbers. And it was all OK. I hope it is for you, too!

I have a Hawaii curse; everytime we go there something bad happens. This year my dog's cornea ruptured and the pet sitter had to take him for emergency surgery to have his eye removed.

I plan to keep going to Hawaii until I break the curse. Everyplace else we vacation is fine.

Poor dog! Thats horrible! But Hawaii is great, I would go also, curse and all :)

I actually had to call and request that dvc separate my reservation into two departed numbers, one for each resort....you cannot check in online if you have a single reservation number that covers two resorts....
In the future always request that they do this when you first reserve so you won't have the hassle later on.

Hope everything turns out ok for you and your family and you have a great vaca.
It happens to us too, one week b4 we were leaving, I was on my way to work, in the pouring rain, got a flat tire, called AAA, and guess what, the tire would not budge! It was stuck, had to have it towed to my auto shop, they had to pop it off and then I had to pay for 2 new back tires, all this in the pouring rain!
It never fails, did I mention it was in the pouring rain? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter