Wild Arctic

stawes

Mouseketeer
I want to see the polar bears but motion simulators make me ill.
I thought i read that you can bypass the simulator and go straight to the animals.

I want to see the polar bears but motion simulators make me ill.
I thought i read that you can bypass the simulator and go straight to the animals.

You don't bypass the ride simulator, you just take the "non motion" route. You will go into a room for a short movie and then to the animals.

Actually you can completely bypass the movie. The camera work is so choppy that even the non-motion version makes me motion sick. So I just speak to the member of staff responsible for the non-motion version and they always let us walk straight through.

dolphingirl47

I wish I'd known what we were getting into when we rode that! DH and I both felt awful after the motion simulator. Next time we'll totally skip that part!

From time to time, I've read comments here about people feeling nauseous after riding Wild Arctic, and this surprises me. I want to give another point of view so people aren't scared off from trying it. I find it to be one of the most gentle movie/motion simulators around. I think Star Tours at Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios and Corkscrew Hill at Busch Gardens Europe are far more turbulent, disorienting, or uncomfortable. The defunct Body Wars attraction at Epcot was the most nauseating of all.

I rode Wild Arctic twice on my recent trip, and I enjoyed it very much and even my sister who often dislikes those kinds of rides enjoyed it. We thought it was quite tame and lots of fun. There was an elderly gentleman who rode with us. He had to transfer from a wheelchair and use a cane to board. I wondered if he knew he was getting into a ride that could be potentially a little intense from him. Throughout the ride I noticed the constant smile on his face. He seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. After the ride ended, he was jubilent. It was great to see an older gentlemen with limited mobility get so much enjoyment out of an amusement ride that many classify as mildly thrilling.

I think Wild Arctic is one of the great family oriented attractions at Sea World and the ride portion is an effective introduction to the animals that live in the exhibit.

Thanks everyone for your posts. We are heading to SW at the end of this week and my daughter detests motion simulator rides. I think I have enough info to at least try to get her to give it another try (btw, corkscrew hill was her last one) but if I fail I know we have other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter