Will I regret skipping Blizzard Beach?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Kids are almost 12 and 9, and LOVE water. They have never been to a real water park, just a small local splash park type thing with a few water slides.

Last time we went we wanted to go to BB, but we never got to it. I know the kids really want to go, but it's so expensive - $275 (CDN) for the 3 of us for what? Half a day?

So I'm wavering. It's honestly their only chance for a "real" water park, and the closest one would be 8 hours from home. And yet, it just seems like so much money. Plus, the only chance we would have to do it, would be on our only resort day, which would mean we're doing parks 6 days in a row.

Thoughts??

I'm assuming you don't have park hoppers? If you do, it's not terribly expensive to add the "plus" option to hopper tickets. If you don't have hoppers, will you be there when they are holding the TL H2O Glow Nights, by chance? Tickets to that event are slightly cheaper than regular water park tickets. It's a tough call. If this is truly your only chance to go to a water park, I would probably do it. We love BB. IMHO, going to a water park doesn't feel like a "park" day. It's a bit more relaxing. If you do opt for a regular ticket (not glow nights), just make sure you get there at RD to get in the lines for the bigger slides before the lines build.

I agree with the hoppers point - if you are staying at least a few days it's not that much more to add hoppers plus water parks. For us it was a one and done because we do split stays at BC and Four Seasons, which have a good pool and amazing pools, respectively, but it was fun to try BB and TL and fun to get hoppers for a change when we did it.

Which resort are you at? Some of the resort pools are just fantastic.

I love Disney's water parks but I agree with you, for your group it can be pricing. I don't think you'd be disappointed, you'd just have to plan your day to get the most value out of it.

Which resort are you at? Some of the resort pools are just fantastic.

I love Disney's water parks but I agree with you, for your group it can be pricing. I don't think you'd be disappointed, you'd just have to plan your day to get the most value out of it.

We're just at All Star Movies.

I personally wouldn’t do it. I was actually a little disappointed in Disney’s water parks. I thought Aquatica was a superior experience.

That's a tough one OP :confused3. Blizzard beach has lots of great slides. Great lazy river too! If you make a good 6+ hour day out of it, I think you'll feel like it was worth it! Plus if you get to BB close to opening you can get a full day in and still be back to resort by late afternoon. :cool:

We love TL but there is a lot of great waterparks in Ohio. We OFTEN skip WDW water parks..soley to save money. As good as they are...kids have a ball at the ones in Ohio for 75% less cost. When we do disney...its for the 4 main parks. Or DLR

BB is one of the best waterparks i have ever been to.
Only you can decide if its worth going to.
With the age of your kids, I suspect they will love the park.

My people don’t like to be pushed too much or too many days in a row. After 5 park days we did TLagoon. My son sat down on a rock after about 90 minutes and said, “ Why isn’t this fun anymore?”. Know your family. BB is great. Love it! But only if we are well rested.

Do I think you'd regret it if your kids love water and there's no water park near you? Yes, I absolutely think you'd regret it, but only you'd know for sure. The WDW water parks are awesome!! We are HUGE fans and make a point to go to each one several times on our summer trips. If they're adventurous, I'd recommend TL over BB just for the wave pool, but either is a great choice.

Everyone should do what's right for them, but I don't follow the mindset that 6 park days in a row is too much. You can dictate how relaxing or busy any of those days are. The water parks are usually a roughly 1/2 day thing...we go from 10am to maybe 2 or 3pm. You can then spend the rest of the day relaxing if you want. In the summers, we'll do 17 park days in a row.

You've said before that your family really needs its down time. I would take the down time so you're not out of steam for your park days.

Will you regret it if you don't go? Probably. But you might regret it more if you do.

You've said before that your family really needs its down time. I would take the down time so you're not out of steam for your park days.

Will you regret it if you don't go? Probably. But you might regret it more if you do.

There's nothing like down time while floating around a lazy river. :D

And yes, I agree there could be some "regret" either way. If you don't go, you'll wish you had. If you go, you could wear out. If you're really worried about it and still want to go, plan a relaxing day at the water park. Really, if you get there at 9:55am for a 10:00am opening, you can hit all the fun and energy using attractions within the first hour. Spend the rest of your time floating around the river and/or lounging at the pool or your chairs. You'd have to decide if that's worth the cost.

My family tried BB 4 years ago. We enjoyed it and it did not feel like a regular park day. It felt more like an off day. What do you do on your resort day?

Well another person saying only you would know for sure but I did read a lot of people thinking 6 days in a row in the parks was to much. Many times we do 10-12 straight days in the parks with no issues. Now I have to admit in 5 previous trips we have never done a water park and never missed it. This last time the 10 year thought about (and researched on Youtube) it but instead choose a day at Universal. When we go to Disney its pretty much about the mouse.

If the nearest "real" water park is 8 hours from your home, to visit, you would likely need to factor in the cost of a hotel along with tickets for that park. Taking that into consideration might make $275 seem more reasonable. No one can tell you how to spend your money, and especially with exchange rates, it's a lot of money. I agree with PP's that it may be less expensive to add park hopper plus. Then, you can also benefit from being able to park hop should you wish.

When are you going? Did you get in on the Free Dining promo? That already comes with Park Hoppers if you did. It’s very inexpensive to add the plus to this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter