Will non-paper rider switch affect using rider switch with FP+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KobeGYN

Earning My Ears
My 60-day window is approaching quickly and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row regarding FastPasses. I have read that Disney World is moving toward organizing rider switch through the MDE app. While I think this is a great idea, I wonder if this would affect my ability to use rider switch as we have in the past.

For example, we are travelling with 5 adults, 1 kid (who can ride most rides), and 1 toddler. Should I still plan on booking Space Mountain for 3 of us and Splash Mountain for 3 of us, then using rider switch for the other 3 on both rides? Or do you think I'd have to get a FastPass for both rides for all party members?

Also, I know this strategy has been denied at Flight of Passage and I'm assuming would not work on the new Toy Story rides either.

My 60-day window is approaching quickly and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row regarding FastPasses. I have read that Disney World is moving toward organizing rider switch through the MDE app. While I think this is a great idea, I wonder if this would affect my ability to use rider switch as we have in the past.

For example, we are travelling with 5 adults, 1 kid (who can ride most rides), and 1 toddler. Should I still plan on booking Space Mountain for 3 of us and Splash Mountain for 3 of us, then using rider switch for the other 3 on both rides? Or do you think I'd have to get a FastPass for both rides for all party members?

Also, I know this strategy has been denied at Flight of Passage and I'm assuming would not work on the new Toy Story rides either.

I was just in the parks for seven days and Rider Switch was very hit or miss for us. It all depended on the Cast Member and how they wanted to handle it. The Flight of Passage Cast Member was a jerk and I had to complain to even do a rider switch as they said my daughter was tall enough and could ride, even though she had no interest as a five year old. Other rides, it was no problem and they were more accommodating. However, we had Fast Passes for all of our party when we did the Rider Switch in every instance so I can’t speak to whether this strategy will work. In most instances, they made all of us scan in with our bands at the entrance to prove everyone had a FP.

It's a bit tough since nothing "official" has really been released yet, but from what I've read, all members get scanned to verify they all have fast passes for the rider switch, so I'm guessing that you'd have to change your strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter