Will the Tuesday Show Return?

WebmasterCorey

corey@disneyinfo.com
Administrator
I'm officially announcing that we are rebranding the DIS Unplugged. While it will maintain many things that you loved and looked forward to throughout the years, we feel that it’s only appropriate to rebrand it. Pete was the face of DIS Unplugged. We can no longer continue working under his shadow and always being asked, "Where's Pete?" or "I won't watch because Pete is not on!" We are moving forward and have taken notes along the way. The Tuesday show will return, but with new branding and a new name. We hear you! We are listening.

Great decision. Leave the shadows of the past behind and forge a new future. Congratulations.

New podcast name ideas:

DIS Plugged
NEY Unplugged
DIS Connected
Weekly World News (who gets that reference?)

Great news. Change can be such a good thing . I know it will be challenging for all, and I hope it proves much more rewarding than it is challenging.

Good to hear! Looking forward to getting back my favorite lawn mowing listening podcast, lol.

While I am glad that the "Tuesday show" will return in some form (I think you need a regularly scheduled "anchor" show as part of your overall content), I would hope that doesn't mean that whatever new name and format it becomes isn't necessarily married to Tuesday at 1pm. Almost any other day/time would probably allow for more viewers.

I'm so excited to hear that! I've missed listening to the team and getting the latest info on the parks. Love the idea to start totally fresh with new name and new branding. If y'all ARE able to change up the time of the show.... I'd be more able to watch live. But if not, that's fine. I'm more of a podcast girlie myself.

I think any name with DIS would have the potential to connect to DIS unplugged. Is there a way to not use DIS?
I agree any new name with Dis is basically pointless and will still be connected to the original. Don’t even bother to change the name if you still use Dis.

Even having a show on Tuesday is too much of same old same old. Unless someone can explain a valid reason why Tuesday is a critical Disney news day, IMO it just comes off as more of the same because it’s the way it’s always been done.

It seemed like Tuesday actually always just missed all the big announcements that would come just shortly after the show. I think it would be interesting to historically study what day/time Disney usually announces things and then time the show after that.

Even having a show on Tuesday is too much of same old same old. Unless someone can explain a valid reason why Tuesday is a critical news day, IMO it just comes off as more of the same because it’s the way it’s always been done.
I suspect that Tuesday was the day because they were busy on Monday and wanted to cover things that happened the past weekend as well as alert people coming the next weekend. I'm OK with any day that works for the team going forward.

I agree any new name with Dis is basically pointless and will still be connected to the original. Don’t even bother to change the name if you still use Dis.

Even having a show on Tuesday is too much of same old same old. Unless someone can explain a valid reason why Tuesday is a critical Disney news day, IMO it just comes off as more of the same because it’s the way it’s always been done.

It seemed like Tuesday actually always just missed all the big announcements that would come just shortly after the show. I think it would be interesting to historically study what day/time Disney usually announces things and then time the show after that.
I don't really associate "DIS" with the old show. It was always "DIS Unplugged" and the unplugged part was the show. The DIS name has always been more associated with the message boards to me. When I hear/read "The DIS" it is the boards and the news posts on the website that I think of, not podcasts.

"The DIS" has been part of my life for a very long time, and I don't really want to lose that. The podcast can be called anything, that doesn't really matter, but we still need DIS Boards and other DIS things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter