• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will WDW lift mask mandate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first thing I wrote was about taking it off without getting hands contaminated. Maybe you are the exception that gets in their car, takes off their mask with gloves, puts it in a bag and washes it after that. Point is, most people put it in their pocket, glove box, on seat, etc. most people don’t care.

I wash my masks each day and use a new one. I also will often use 2 or 3 in a day (cloth). We also use mask "chains" (like the chain/cord you would use on your glasses), so when we remove them to eat or drive they are hanging around my neck. We specifically did this because I hated stuffing them in my pocket.

. If you won’t unmask until kids can be vaccinated, that might be well into next year as studies on kids haven’t been done yet as far as I know and I think they might require a different dosage or specialized vaccine. I’m no medical expert so don’t take my word on that last piece.
Hey, this is the Dis boards, we wouldn't take your word even if ya were!:tongue:

A few posters are talking about personal freedoms. We have no-smoking policies, seat belt requirements, helmets required by motorcyclists, child seat requirements, shoes and shirts required in restaurants....a little thought and I can add to the list.

True we have all of those, but to be fair, some of us don't like some of those either. Just because laws are made doesn't mean that everyone just automatically agrees with them. I personally enjoyed sliding around in the back of a Pinto my entire childhood. lol When I read your post my only thought went to how right you were, and how awful it would be if the current rules ALSO became permanent. I mean I know plenty of bikers who HATE helmet laws and don't even get me started on the smokers, so these are all considered minor inconveniences to most, but yeah the scary part for ME is how long this is dragging out and how much fun people seem to be having matching their masks to their outfits etc...just ugh.

True we have all of those, but to be fair, some of us don't like some of those either. Just because laws are made doesn't mean that everyone just automatically agrees with them. I personally enjoyed sliding around in the back of a Pinto my entire childhood. lol When I read your post my only thought went to how right you were, and how awful it would be if the current rules ALSO became permanent. I mean I know plenty of bikers who HATE helmet laws and don't even get me started on the smokers, so these are all considered minor inconveniences to most, but yeah the scary part for ME is how long this is dragging out and how much fun people seem to be having matching their masks to their outfits etc...just ugh.

You are upset that people are making the best of a bad situation by matching their masks to their outfit?

Good lord

but yeah the scary part for ME is how long this is dragging out and how much fun people seem to be having matching their masks to their outfits etc...just ugh.

waving hi, I love Disney bounding and I have been planning my outfits for when I return to Disneyland California and for when Disney Cruise Line resumes.

I have bought red and white polka dot masks for the day I will be wearing my Pirate Minnie Mouse outfit.
I have bought blue and white masks for my Frozen outfit.
I have bought purple masks for my Maleficent outfit.
I have bought grey masks for my Star Wars / Galaxys Edge outfit.

I am having soooo much fun adding to my Disney bounding outfits!

I’d press you to find a law about shoes- but you won’t because it’s the restaurants prerogative.

so it’s Disney prerogative too. They’ll eventually decide something, and, as many posters have pointed out, it might be modified directions from the CDC as they have already done. People are going to be absolutely livid either way.

as always, you can ride your motorcycle without a helmet, and you can go maskless at other places outside of Disney. For the posters upset, may I kindly suggest to spend your money elsewhere. Griping about it won’t change it, but getting involved in local things would be a better use of your time.
See, it always comes back to "if you don't want to follow the rules don't go/if you don't want to risk it stay home". As if anyone is going to change their point of view once that card is thrown. It's okay to have opinions and chats about hot button issues in a discussion group. Some of us need to vent our frustrations and thoughts after a year of this junk. We're ALL aggravated but it's been really cool that everyone has been super civil.

You are upset that people are making the best of a bad situation by matching their masks to their outfit?

Good lord
No, I wouldn't go so far as to say "upset", but getting a little comfortable, yes.

I bought leopard print disposable masks for AK.
Light blue with white stars disposable masks for DHS.
Disposable masks with stars/moons for Epcot - that's a bit of a reach (space?), but hey.
MK is just getting my pink disposables.

I had Christmas ones and Halloween disposable ones.

Now the word disposable looks weird.

waving hi, I love Disney bounding and I have been planning my outfits for when I return to Disneyland California and for when Disney Cruise Line resumes.

I have bought red and white polka dot masks for the day I will be wearing my Pirate Minnie Mouse outfit.
I have bought blue and white masks for my Frozen outfit.
I have bought purple masks for my Maleficent outfit.
I have bought grey masks for my Star Wars / Galaxys Edge outfit.

I am having soooo much fun adding to my Disney bounding outfits!
Sounds cool! I Disney bound as well but I only WISH I didn't have to deal with covering my face.

Can you elaborate, because as written, that sentence doesn't make sense.

You are uncomfortable with how comfortable people seem?
people getting so comfortable wearing masks all the time is a little weird to me, yes. I mean to each their own but I'm more about finding one that I can stand on my face rather than how cute it looks. Sorry, just my opinion.

people getting so comfortable wearing masks all the time is a little weird to me, yes. I mean to each their own but I'm more about finding one that I can stand on my face rather than how cute it looks. Sorry, just my opinion.

It's a weird thing to criticize others for.

After a year into a pandemic, I find it weird that you find it weird that people are getting more comfortable, or that you would call them out for making the best of a bad situation.

But I guess after saying that WDW was in it for the mask money, I shouldn't be surprised.....

You know what's way better than mask money? 'Treat' money once people can carry around food and drinks everywhere they go. That's the money Disney wants to get back to and that's why masks will be gone once the whole country is trending that way.

I find it weird that what OTHER people wear affects you so much. I wonder do other things about peoples appearance weird you out too?? I have a bright red birthmark on my face, I have dealt with the pointing and stares all my life of people who are weirded out by how I look!

It's a weird thing to criticize others for.

After a year into a pandemic, I find it weird that you find it weird that people are getting more comfortable, or that you would call them out for making the best of a bad situation.

But I guess after saying that WDW was in it for the mask money, I shouldn't be surprised.....
At no point did I criticize a soul. I'm voicing my own personal feelings. YOU don't have to agree. Literally the first snarky response I've noticed in 18 pages. Way to go.

Literally the first snarky response I've noticed in 18 pages.
You must not be paying attention 🤣
Honestly though, I do get what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s a bad thing that people are getting comfortable with masks. As a society we should accept mask wearing as a good measure of preventing illness. Even after this pandemic ends it would be great for people to still wear masks if they are sick. Especially at places like doctors offices. I hope that sticks around, it’s been great not being sick all winter.

...As a society we should accept mask wearing as a good measure of preventing illness. Even after this pandemic ends it would be great for people to still wear masks if they are sick. Especially at places like doctors offices. I hope that sticks around, it’s been great not being sick all winter.

Agreed - I hope the norm becomes "if you're feeling sick, wear a mask" - it's been tremendous in reducing colds and flu

Agreed - I hope the norm becomes "if you're feeling sick, wear a mask" - it's been tremendous in reducing colds and flu

That is the norm in Asian countries. Actually, they do it for other reasons too. It might be allergies, or it might just be to disengage, like wearing headphones it signals to leave someone alone like on the subway, etc. I do think it will become more common here and people will continue to do so and it won't be weird to see a few people out and about wearing them.

You must not be paying attention 🤣
Honestly though, I do get what you’re saying but I don’t think it’s a bad thing that people are getting comfortable with masks. As a society we should accept mask wearing as a good measure of preventing illness. Even after this pandemic ends it would be great for people to still wear masks if they are sick. Especially at places like doctors offices. I hope that sticks around, it’s been great not being sick all winter.
LOL I definitely agree with that and think that what you're saying will for sure happen. I always thought it was odd how they already did this in Asian countries and how nobody batted an eye at a person in a doctors mask over there. I even looked it up a couple of years ago while watching a Japanese reality show where a young kid was sitting at the table wearing a mask and no one asked about it. Turns out that Asian cultures are so polite that they would be mortified to get someone else sick if they were around spreading germs while they were feeling under the weather. I think it's cool that we have pretty much adopted that way of thinking. I can't tell you how inconsiderate people can be working in my industry. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard, "I've been fighting this cold but I thought getting my hair done would make me feel better." :sad2: Gee thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter