Will WDW lift mask mandate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot hinges on the variants, especially since J&J is not helpful with at least one major one. (I will clarify to say it’s less than 60% effective for the SA variant)

Having enough doses doesn’t mean they’ve actually been able to vaccinate everyone. That’s just going to take time. Also I’m going to continue to point out the fact that there is no vaccine currently approved for children under the age of 16 which is a big portion of Disney’s guests.

while there are some trials in the works/started
For under 16 there is still no guarentee kids
Will
Ever get it. Kids under 5 are most likely never getting it.
Kids under 12 are still proving not to be an issue and rarely have a bad outcome and when most adults aren’t spreading it then even less kids will get it.

I would not be surprised to see insurance companies put in exceptions for coverage for those who choose not to become vaccinated at some point. The cost for hospitalization can surpass $1MM in severe cases. Why should society pay for their gamble?
That’s off topic... unless your saying that Disney’s insurance plays a role?

they’ve been pretty clear about waivers of liability regarding covid

The people who "feel unsafe" are not going to theme parks to begin with.
I'm not so sure about this. Judging from a lot of recent posts, there are some very scared people traveling to Disney right now. People freaking out if they see a "nose peeking out" or see someone drinking in line. Lots of people supporting the idea of wearing a mask at a dining table until food is on the table, etc.

I'm not so sure about this. Judging from a lot of recent posts, there are some very scared people traveling to Disney right now. People freaking out if they see a "nose peeking out" or see someone drinking in line. Lots of people supporting the idea of wearing a mask at a dining table until food is on the table, etc.
Yes, I was also surprised to hear people taking immune compromised children to Disney now, vs the other places. I really believe the mask makes people believe it's safer than it actually is.

Why people book vacations anywhere while being scared to go is beyond me.

I would not be surprised to see insurance companies put in exceptions for coverage for those who choose not to become vaccinated at some point. The cost for hospitalization can surpass $1MM in severe cases. Why should society pay for their gamble?

That won't happen and should not happen. What about all the people who choose not to get the flu vaccine but get severely ill from the regular flu? Or people who choose to eat unhealthy with heart disease or already high cholesterol. Slippery slope. Also, that cannot happen because you can STILL get Covid even if you get the vaccine. Plus, the vaccine coverage is not going to last a lifetime. It will not be effective in just a few months and you will likely need a new one yearly. Never going to happen. They cannot deny coverage when the vaccine does not provide any guarantees for anyone.

Kids passing it around to adults is the reason for my statement. It has absolutely nothing to do with severity of illness for the children themselves.

I don't think they will wait for kids to be vaccinated. The vaccine likely poses more risk of reaction for children than actual Covid. Regular influenza is more harmful to them. It's the adults who need the vaccine to protect from severe disease and once that's accomplished I can't see Disney holding out much longer.

So here is proof to what Dr. Fauci is saying: I recently had a doctor's appointment. The next day, my doctor called me to inform me that he and four others in the office tested positive for COVID and were asymptomatic. They still test every day. They all had been fully vaccinated. He wore a mask and I wore a mask but I still had to isolate for 6 days until I was eligible to get the PCR test, which was negative. The vaccine does not prevent you from getting the virus but does prevent you from getting ill. Dr. Fauci has repeatedly said that the mask mandate will be around for some time. You can have the virus even after being vaccinated, and not know it. President Biden says that there will be enough vaccines for every adult by May. However, roughly 31% of Americans (according to new PEW Research Poll) still say they won't get vaccinated. (Over 18 that means roughly 144 million will get it and 65 million will not.) So, by April, I think every adult who wants the shot will be able to get it. Pfizer's vaccine for children is estimated to be ready for FDA Emergency Use Authorization in September. Masks will still be required to protect the 65 million who choose not to get vaccinated and our kids who cannot get vaccinated yet. I think the CDC will relax other restrictions but not the mask mandate in public.

This story doesn’t make any sense. So four people who have all had the vaccine tested positive for COVID? If that is what is happening the vaccine would be worthless.

It's not fear expecting people to follow the rules when they are on property. If people aren't covering their nose or drinking in line, they're not following the rules. The rules are in place to keep guests and CMs safe. It's a courtesy to your server (who is taking a much bigger risk than any guests) to wear a mask at the table when you're not eating. It's not a huge inconvenience to wear a mask at your table before you get food and after you're done at least when the server is present.

This story doesn’t make any sense. So four people who have all had the vaccine tested positive for COVID? If that is what is happening the vaccine would be worthless.

It’s an MRNA vaccine. It gives your body a blueprint for how to fight off Covid so that you don’t get a severe case but it does not prevent you from catching Covid. What it hopefully does is keep people from getting severely ill, being at the hospital (using those resources), or even death.

It makes perfect sense. Medical professionals have said that we don't know if the vaccine actually prevents you from catching the disease or it just stops you from having symptoms. There wasn't a trial where they periodically tested participants to see if they got COVID. The only way someone would have been tested is if they got sick or if they had another requirement for a test. We don't know if the vaccine actually stops you from getting the disease and we don't know how long any immunity truly lasts. We can only be reasonably confident that the vaccine is very likely to stop you from having at least severe symptoms.

I’m pretty sure they’re all effective against serious disease though.
Yes exactly, serious disease and death.
It's not fear expecting people to follow the rules when they are on property. If people aren't covering their nose or drinking in line, they're not following the rules. The rules are in place to keep guests and CMs safe. It's a courtesy to your server (who is taking a much bigger risk than any guests) to wear a mask at the table when you're not eating. It's not a huge inconvenience to wear a mask at your table before you get food and after you're done at least when the server is present.
We can agree to disagree. I have definitely seen posts from people who are clearly scared.

Not true at all. This has happened to many people. The vaccine does not prevent you contracting Covid. It helps prevent severe effects of Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter