Will you pay $150 for the new "Disney After Dark" event in the MK?

Would you spend $150 on your next trip for the Disney after Dark event?

• Yes

Votes: 66 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 953 87.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 75 6.9%

• Total voters
Help me out here:
I keep hearing a lot of responses that say" only if I were on a 1 day trip"...well that's exactly what me and my family are doing. (DH, ds 5, and I)All of our first trips actually and will only have 1 day in MK (before a cruise). Wouldn't you know this pops up on the day we will be there may 19th. So my question is, if you lived on the west coast, were unlikely to return for a couple years, only had 1 day in MK would you do it then??! I just want to get an idea of whether I should actually consider something so ridiculous as this! The price tag seems crazy but there's only 3 of us. (We also already purchased our 1 day tickets to MK) I'd hate to have our one day/night not be the best it could be by mass crowds flooding in at 7...what would you do??

Edited to mention: the next day may 20th was a water park day for us if that's relevant that we don't really need to be up at the crack of dawn again but would like to be there when they open at 10

No. We would do it if there were better offerings than ice cream and an undisclosed crowd level.

With just the few rides they mentioned, no stated limit on crowds...they really have not made it very appealing. And with an 8:00 AM Tusker House the next morning :sad2:

If it were going to be the "Harambe Night" MK edition it would be amazing. However it sounds like expensive EMH's with popcorn. Please prove me wrong Disney management!

I would do this in a heartbeat, it means smaller crowds, fewer strollers, and cooler temperatures. I hope this goes into the summer months so I can attend.

To me the real breaker is not the cost but the time. 11PM to 2AM is not worth 150. I honestly don't care what they do with that time. Make that 7PM to 10PM with 3,000 people and you have yourself a deal.

Seems to me like Disney is looking for a way to make money off of EMH.... not worth it for us.

Not sure. If we did, it would be for adult date-night with the express intention of avoiding fireworks and walking onto all the rides our toddler cannot go on.

I would be far more likely to say yes if there were some booze and non-dessert food included, unique character meets, and the ability to bring in real photog equipment for night shots.

Since I imagine the "much much more" is probably free Disney transportation from the WDW resort/T&T parking lot (sarcasm font), I'm pretty sure we will take a pass.

To me the real breaker is not the cost but the time. 11PM to 2AM is not worth 150. I honestly don't care what they do with that time. Make that 7PM to 10PM with 3,000 people and you have yourself a deal.

That's the part that makes me think this will make them hesitate to add too many regular open hours. The later the regular closing time, the harder to sell the after hours event.

Not sure. If we did, it would be for adult date-night with the express intention of avoiding fireworks and walking onto all the rides our toddler cannot go on.

I would be far more likely to say yes if there were some booze and non-dessert food included, unique character meets, and the ability to bring in real photog equipment for night shots.

Since I imagine the "much much more" is probably free Disney transportation from the WDW resort/T&T parking lot (sarcasm font), I'm pretty sure we will take a pass.

Disney doesn't turn away much photography equipment. What did you have in mind? Honestly, if I spent that much on the ticket, I probably wouldn't want to spend the night behind a tripod.

And :laughing: on the bolded!

Help me out here:
I keep hearing a lot of responses that say" only if I were on a 1 day trip"...well that's exactly what me and my family are doing. (DH, ds 5, and I)All of our first trips actually and will only have 1 day in MK (before a cruise). Wouldn't you know this pops up on the day we will be there may 19th. So my question is, if you lived on the west coast, were unlikely to return for a couple years, only had 1 day in MK would you do it then??! I just want to get an idea of whether I should actually consider something so ridiculous as this! The price tag seems crazy but there's only 3 of us. (We also already purchased our 1 day tickets to MK) I'd hate to have our one day/night not be the best it could be by mass crowds flooding in at 7...what would you do??

Edited to mention: the next day may 20th was a water park day for us if that's relevant that we don't really need to be up at the crack of dawn again but would like to be there when they open at 10

If you already have your one-day tickets, I would not do this in addition. Maybe in place of a one-day ticket if the night hours were appealing.

Bring it own. Universal did something similar with The Harry Potter weekend in January at is was phenomenal. Food buffet in the middle of the park, zero lines for rides and a photographer's dream with minimum crowds. I would gladly pay $149.

We are staying there during the May 8th and 12th dates. We have no interest in paying 150 bucks extra each for such late hours when on Wednesday the 11th we can stay out late till 1am at magic kingdom and pay for our own ice cream and soda for a lot cheaper during regular emh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter