Windsor Hills Condo vs. Wyndham Bonnet Creek?

DiscoMinnieMouse

Mouseketeer
Hey there! For those of you who have stayed at both places, is there a significant difference in a Windsor Hills condo vs. WBC timeshare? Right now for the dates I'm looking at, the is a significant price difference between the two. It seems like WBC might be a more upscale visit based on the pictures, and obviously it's RIGHT THERE on WDW property...and I like how they have blackout curtains (which I NEED). Looking for any insight from someone who's stayed at both places, since I haven't stayed at either. Thank you!

I like them both, honestly. I've stayed at both.

Windsor Hills Condo: Your experience will depend a lot on the owner--how good their cleaning company is, if they've purchased nice mattresses and fixtures, general upkeep, etc. We've stayed in 2 bedroom condos and have really enjoyed it. Their pool area isn't as nice as Bonnet Creek, but it's still very, very good. We really enjoy staying close to 192 as we have our favorite go-to restaurants there--Chuy's, Ale House, etc. We can get into the parks very quickly with little traffic. And it's super cheap usually!

Bonnet Creek: Less risk, as if there's an issue you can call the front desk 24/7. Everything is standardized from unit to unit. We love the location for going to and from the parks, but it's more of a hassle to go to off-site restaurants or stores that we like. Sometimes parking is a pain. The resort feels more crowded. The pools and grounds have more of a resort feel.

I like them both, honestly. I've stayed at both.

Windsor Hills Condo: Your experience will depend a lot on the owner--how good their cleaning company is, if they've purchased nice mattresses and fixtures, general upkeep, etc. We've stayed in 2 bedroom condos and have really enjoyed it. Their pool area isn't as nice as Bonnet Creek, but it's still very, very good. We really enjoy staying close to 192 as we have our favorite go-to restaurants there--Chuy's, Ale House, etc. We can get into the parks very quickly with little traffic. And it's super cheap usually!

Bonnet Creek: Less risk, as if there's an issue you can call the front desk 24/7. Everything is standardized from unit to unit. We love the location for going to and from the parks, but it's more of a hassle to go to off-site restaurants or stores that we like. Sometimes parking is a pain. The resort feels more crowded. The pools and grounds have more of a resort feel.
Thanks for your insight!

Stayed at both...loved both but different experiences.

Windsor Hills we usually rent a 4 bedroom house and have our own private pool in the backyard. There is also a community pool with a little shop that sells snacks, alcohol, and basic items- but it is NOT a bar by any stretch. I have heard a guy playing guitar but not real music. It is more of a vacation community of vacation homes.

Bonnet Creek is a resort. There are several pools and pool bars that also serve food. Some of them have live music on certain days. All rooms are condo-style and no private pools. There are activities there at the resort.

Longer stays we like to stay at WH- like the space and everybody gets a room and bathroom. Shorter stays are more Bonnet Creek- we get a bedroom/2bath (family of 6) and it is fine for shorter stays.

Stayed at both...loved both but different experiences.

Windsor Hills we usually rent a 4 bedroom house and have our own private pool in the backyard. There is also a community pool with a little shop that sells snacks, alcohol, and basic items- but it is NOT a bar by any stretch. I have heard a guy playing guitar but not real music. It is more of a vacation community of vacation homes.

Bonnet Creek is a resort. There are several pools and pool bars that also serve food. Some of them have live music on certain days. All rooms are condo-style and no private pools. There are activities there at the resort.

Longer stays we like to stay at WH- like the space and everybody gets a room and bathroom. Shorter stays are more Bonnet Creek- we get a bedroom/2bath (family of 6) and it is fine for shorter stays.
Thank you! I think I'm leaning towards WBC - I'm looking at the first time "off-property" in 10+ years and still want that resort feel. Plus, we'll have a couple resort-only days, and I really like the lazy rivers and mini golf I'm seeing at WBC!

The pools are much nicer at Bonnet Creek. Windsor just added a couple of water slides in their pool area but they aren't great IMO. When we were there in Feb they were locked. Had to go to the desk and have it opened for us. Plus the water was not heated.

The living room area in Bonnet Creek condos are also much bigger.

However, if a pool isn't a huge deal for you (the main Windsor pool is nice and is heated) Windsor will be just fine and sounds like will save you some money. It's also very close to Disney property and will only add maybe 5 minutes to your drive time, if that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter