• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine 2015

Oh man guys - the craziest thing just happened. They sent me a special link and password to register and told me they were making an exception! I honestly sent that email with the intent to vent my frustration at how poorly registration always goes, I truthfully didn't think they'd budge. It must have been because I had the photo. So glad I took that!
WHAT a relief!!! :dogdance:

Can anyone remember what the ap room discounts were last year
I don't remember actual rates, but do remember not finding them to be plentiful or good, lol! I'm a dedicated rate stalker and could NOT find a deal onsite at all. Seemed like there was very little inventory at AP rates, and what was available was in the most expensive categories. I wound up offsite at Buena Vista Suites and it was fabulous!

Where to stay is going to be an interesting decision for me whenever the host resorts are announced. I don't have any idea on where to start when planning for a trip to WDW. But we're probably going to have to go for whatever route is the cheapest.

I'll be going on the cheap this trip too, I think. We just did a week at AKL in December for my birthday trip, and then cross country for Tink in May. I'd love to go back to BWI or maybe try BC/YC but I don't think that will be in the cards unless the discount is REALLY good. :)

Does anyone belong to a Facebook group for this race yet? If so, can you give me the link? I was in one for the TOT 10-miler and it was really useful :)

I'm hoping CBR remains on the list. Back in December when I decided I wanted to do it, I didn't notice the travel info was from 2014 and booked CBR - it's the only Mod I like, and since I'm not going to really be park-ing it for this trip beyond the after party (maybe a character brunch somewhere on Sunday) I don't want to be stuck hanging out at a value...and I know Deluxe will be out of my range, even if my friend can come.

Congrats to all who got in! My 2 DDs and I were able to preregister for the 5K. Can't wait for our first runDisney race!

I stayed at French Quarter for Princess and it was fabulous! I loved how compact it was. Super nice for race weekends. I would definitely stay there again if we can't get BC and it's a host resort.

I'm on the Event Page for this, but I haven't found a FB group yet. I guess I could start one?

Cortisone shot is wearing off...need to go back to the podiatrist. Need to hurry and get this foot better so I can be ready for this race. I did the 5k last Nov but my foot has been hurting since Glass Slipper in 2014. :( inflammation in a joint.

I'm hoping someone who has signed up for a runDisney race previously can tell me how the active pages look as you go through. On the 17th, I'm planning to use the direct link that was posted a few pages back (already have it bookmarked ready to go). But at what point can you log into an active account? Will that option happen after selecting a race or what? I already have an active account from signing up for another event, and I'd obviously like to be able to use it so I don't have to enter all my info.

Ok thanks -- There are a few, but there is one that is the largest one, so I asked to join it. It's just called Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon and it looks like there's almost 4,000 members of the page. Maybe I'll see some of ya'll on there.... :)

I'm hoping someone who has signed up for a runDisney race previously can tell me how the active pages look as you go through. On the 17th, I'm planning to use the direct link that was posted a few pages back (already have it bookmarked ready to go). But at what point can you log into an active account? Will that option happen after selecting a race or what? I already have an active account from signing up for another event, and I'd obviously like to be able to use it so I don't have to enter all my info.

Don't bother logging in for an Active account. It just wastes time, and actually stuff doesn't really show up unless you have it saved in as auto-fill in your browser.

The biggest clog you will have is on payment. Type your credit card info into a pop-up or notepad window so you can just cut and paste and be done.

Know what extras you want to buy or not buy (pins, pasta in the park, etc.) - if it's no, just click down on No. Seriously, it should take you less that 3 minutes to register if you copy and paste your CC info.

Also -- the "extras" are called More Magic in Active and you can always come back and buy them later (ie. pins, parties, etc.). I can put a link here for that as well, if people want.

Don't bother logging in for an Active account. It just wastes time, and actually stuff doesn't really show up unless you have it saved in as auto-fill in your browser.

The biggest clog you will have is on payment. Type your credit card info into a pop-up or notepad window so you can just cut and paste and be done.

Know what extras you want to buy or not buy (pins, pasta in the park, etc.) - if it's no, just click down on No. Seriously, it should take you less that 3 minutes to register if you copy and paste your CC info.
OK, thanks for the info.

I just really want the 17th to come and be over with. I'm stressing way too much about this! My logical side is telling me that I'll probably have time to sign up if I get in by 11:05-11:10, considering that even the Rebel Challenge and Dumbo lasted ~30 minutes, with fewer slots than W&D. And that 18,000 race slots (if that number is true, and if they're all for the half) will not sell out in 15 minutes, but crazier things have happened.

OK, thanks for the info.

I just really want the 17th to come and be over with. I'm stressing way too much about this! My logical side is telling me that I'll probably have time to sign up if I get in by 11:05-11:10, considering that even the Rebel Challenge and Dumbo lasted ~30 minutes, with fewer slots than W&D. And that 18,000 race slots (if that number is true, and if they're all for the half) will not sell out in 15 minutes, but crazier things have happened.

You will be FINE if you get on in that time frame.

There is not a single payment processing portal on this planet that can process 18,000 credit card transactions in 15 minutes.

It took StarWars (same capacity) roughly 2:15 to sell out for just the half. Yes, this doesn't have a Challenge aspect, but they've also increased the capacity.

Don't stress! You've got a plan! You've got the link, you can get in pretty close to go-time. You're good! Can't wait to run this race with you!!

You will be FINE if you get on in that time frame.

There is not a single payment processing portal on this planet that can process 18,000 credit card transactions in 15 minutes.

It took StarWars (same capacity) roughly 2:15 to sell out for just the half. Yes, this doesn't have a Challenge aspect, but they've also increased the capacity.

Don't stress! You've got a plan! You've got the link, you can get in pretty close to go-time. You're good! Can't wait to run this race with you!!
Thanks for the encouraging words! :)

Thanks for the encouraging words! :)

You got it! Don't stress - it's just registration! If it really starts getting to you, I can have my husband register me and I can register you. Because I plan on getting in this race - and I know you will too!

I'm just ready for 1 p.m. on the 17th when we're all here laughing about how easy it was to get spots. ;)

Search Disney wine and dine half marathon on fb. It's an ongoing group.

Thanks for the reminder. I'd been meaning to join it since I decided to run this year. Done :)

Now if only the 17th would get here so we can all register, lol. I don't wanna be in limbo and officially start planning this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter