Wine and Dine 2015

Sorry you are dealing with that. Running a half marathon is something to be proud of so take some solace in the knowledge that your bully will know you accomplished that if they check up on you.

It's the worry of a DNF if I get swept due to my injuries. They're a little to invested in my running, and I just worry that they'll go above and beyond to humiliate me. Which is a horrible extra worry to have, but sadly it is what it is. You'd think at nearly 30 I'd be done dealing with silly stuff like this.

More importantly and more positively I'll be in Disney this time next week! And I'll be counting down the seconds to my first half marathon! I cannot wait!

It's the worry of a DNF if I get swept due to my injuries. They're a little to invested in my running, and I just worry that they'll go above and beyond to humiliate me. Which is a horrible extra worry to have, but sadly it is what it is. You'd think at nearly 30 I'd be done dealing with silly stuff like this.

More importantly and more positively I'll be in Disney this time next week! And I'll be counting down the seconds to my first half marathon! I cannot wait!
Good luck to you and enjoy every moment of your accomplishment! There's no shame in walking. Give it your best and you'll have no regrets...everything else is out of your hands! Have a wonderful race and we'll see you out there!!!

So ready to check into CSR on Wednesday. DW started on the packing today and couldn't find the shorts I was planning on wearing. She thought they were our son's shorts,:earsboy: not mine. Have all our plans in order just need to remain injury free for a little over a week.

On the training front, I haven't been running like I should. Been cutting out a few runs here and there. I have been pretty much working 12 hours everyday during the week, and it's been so dark in the morning for me to get my running in. Got 9 miles in Sunday and 6 Tuesday. Was supposed to do and hour easy run today, but skipped it due to rain and wind. Planning to do the 6 tomorrow, 3 miles Sat, 6 again Sunday, rest Monday, 3 Tuesday and probably another 3 at a very easy pace on Thursday morning.

I have not been obsessing over the weather report, I am going to enjoy completing my first 1/2 if it's 80 and humid or 60 and rainy. A year ago I would have never believed that I was actually going to do this. So ready to cross that finish line!!

The best thing about being an adult is that at some point, you figure out it doesn't matter what people think - you get to be YOU and to be okay with it. I'm a little older than you and am just figuring this out.

You're doing something good for yourself - getting into shape, participating in a race at a place you love. You're getting ready to do something that most people wouldn't dream of ever trying. Anyone who makes fun of you for that needs to get a life.

If I could find a way to shut my brain off for an hour, I've been told I would like yoga. But, it's more like being stuck in timeout with a lot of really crazy poses for me. :confused3

Only Yoga I can get myself to do is the Yoga in the P90x3 workouts. It's only 30 minutes and you don't hold the poses very long, not even sure it should be considered Yoga.

My husband and I got to all the booths during our trip at the beginning of the month. I have it all in my trip report in my signature along with reviews of some of the signature events.

@Dis_Yoda has fabulous trip reports! Which reminds me I need to catch up!

So those of you who are doing W&D and Princess Half, are you just jumping into the Princess training the week after W&D? I signed up for a local Half on Dec. 12th so I'm debating how to set up / keep up my training so I am ready for that. I don't know if I want to only have an 8 mile run as my furthest distance in the 4 weeks in between W&D and my local Half, but know that I do need to recover. I am using the Princess training program for Experienced Runners (finish in the upright position). Any thoughts?

I am doing Glass Slipper and just plan to pick up the Galloway plan after W&D. I had thought about doing an 8 mile race the weekend after W&D, but not sure how my wallet or legs will handle it, and I have a baby shower mid morning when the race is an hour away. We'll see.

Yoga aren't really friends, but the one time I took a class I was laying there at the end wondering why I was laying on a mat at the gym. It was counter intuitive. The rest was good though. I'm not messing with the workout routine now, but after W&D I need to get in some weight training and yoga or pilates to meet some other goals I have.

Are you effing kidding? What jerks they are.

If you want, I can run with you and I'll help you through every step of the way until you finish.

Stop worrying about them, and stop worrying about finishing. It's YOUR race. No one else's. YOURS. And I will be there every step of the way, as well as everyone else here.

I found this board (and my running challenge) at one of the saddest, darkest points in my life - and it has brought me so much joy and happiness (the races too). Life is too short too let people or things take away from the happy.

Are you effing kidding? What jerks they are.

If you want, I can run with you and I'll help you through every step of the way until you finish.

Stop worrying about them, and stop worrying about finishing. It's YOUR race. No one else's. YOURS. And I will be there every step of the way, as well as everyone else here.

I found this board (and my running challenge) at one of the saddest, darkest points in my life - and it has brought me so much joy and happiness (the races too). Life is too short too let people or things take away from the happy.

I'd never have someone run with me again. Actually I know that I'll be surrounded by amazing supportive Disney runners, and that's all I can really ask for. It's going to be an amazing 13.1 miles!

Thank you so much though. I needed to be reminded of all of that. This is for me, not other people. Running has helped me so much, and forced me to really take a look at myself, and start taking care of myself properly. I love it. Awesome medals and runner buddies are just an amazing added bonus.

For everyone going to the Expo Friday morning what time are you aiming to get there? Does anybody plan on showing up before 10 and if so how much before 10? I don't want to get there too early, but I don't want to get there and be stuck in huge lines. Oh the decisions to be made!

I'm going to try and be on the first bus Friday for when the expo opens. I have late FP+ reservations so, I've got nothing but time to hang out in long lines. I want one of the wine glasses, but I'm sure things will be sold out before my foot gets in the door. That said I really just want my bib and then to poke around at everything else.

I won't be able to get to expo until first thing Saturday morning. Not overly interested in buying anything though, just get my Bib and look around. Then late breakfast at kona, quick stop at Disney Springs, then to resort to chill.

There's usually a lull at the expo 1 pm - 3 pm Friday before people start getting off work. The last half hour Saturday is likely to be pretty empty.

Last edited:
For everyone going to the Expo Friday morning what time are you aiming to get there? Does anybody plan on showing up before 10 and if so how much before 10? I don't want to get there too early, but I don't want to get there and be stuck in huge lines. Oh the decisions to be made!

We will be on the first bus headed there too. We are staying at AsSports the first night, then moving offsite to Bonnet Creek so we will get up and around, check out and leave our bags with Bell Services then take the first bus we can get on. Our Fast Passes are later too and we can't check in to Bonnet Creek until 3:00 so we have nothing else to do either. There are a couple of things I really want so it's worth it to me to wait in line. And I am not a "wait in line" patient person, lol. :)

I've been hitting the parks almost daily at 10 a.m., so I figure I'll probably go to the Expo early that day as well. My husband can't go until after a conference call at 2, so at least I can get stuff for my races and do a little shopping before I head back to pick him up and take him. We're doing F&W and Illuminations that night!

I'm going to get there probably before it opens. Not sure how long. We have an ADR in MK for 3:35 for dinner, so I need to get my expo stuff and a quick hop over to Studios to maybe just do Aerosmith and ToT. I am the only one with a park hopper, so my parents will be spending the day at MK and then I'll meet them there after I'm done with the expo and Studios.

We hope to be on the first bus from POP. We are only doing the 5K, but we really want to take advantage of our first Expo and all it has to offer. Plus I really want to get the 'I Did It' 5K shirt so that I can have even more motivation to be able to finish the race. It seems silly that I am worried about finishing the 5K and you all are running almost 3X what I am...

My flight lands a little before 4 on Friday and I am planning on heading directly from MCO to the expo. Like a previous poster, i am going to be zen about it. If there is merch left that I like and want to buy, great. If what I'm looking for is sold out, so be it--money to be spent elsewhere.

We hope to be on the first bus from POP. We are only doing the 5K, but we really want to take advantage of our first Expo and all it has to offer. Plus I really want to get the 'I Did It' 5K shirt so that I can have even more motivation to be able to finish the race. It seems silly that I am worried about finishing the 5K and you all are running almost 3X what I am...

This is a comparison free zone!!! Lol! But seriously, you are applauded for doing YOUR race! Stick around, keep reading , everyone's victories are equally applauded :)

You'll do great!! And seriously - just remember that getting up that early and running a 5K is WAY more than most people do on any given day. So you've already beat all of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter