Wine and Dine 2015

The best thing about being an adult is that at some point, you figure out it doesn't matter what people think - you get to be YOU and to be okay with it. I'm a little older than you and am just figuring this out.

You're doing something good for yourself - getting into shape, participating in a race at a place you love. You're getting ready to do something that most people wouldn't dream of ever trying. Anyone who makes fun of you for that needs to get a life.

Absolutely. People are really horrible sometimes. Why in heaven's name would somebody be vested in your failure? How awful!!

Are you effing kidding? What jerks they are.

If you want, I can run with you and I'll help you through every step of the way until you finish.

Stop worrying about them, and stop worrying about finishing. It's YOUR race. No one else's. YOURS. And I will be there every step of the way, as well as everyone else here.

I found this board (and my running challenge) at one of the saddest, darkest points in my life - and it has brought me so much joy and happiness (the races too). Life is too short too let people or things take away from the happy.

Huge ditto to the bolded! Disney races are so much fun and the positive energy is amazing. Don't let anybody make you feel bad or negative. You will have a fantastic time and a great run!!

For everyone going to the Expo Friday morning what time are you aiming to get there? Does anybody plan on showing up before 10 and if so how much before 10? I don't want to get there too early, but I don't want to get there and be stuck in huge lines. Oh the decisions to be made!

We are planning to get there a little before 10. I'm sure there will be a crowd, but hoping we can get moved through pretty quickly. We are planning to hit merchandise first (we really only want a couple of things) and then pick up our bibs. It means a little back and forth but that's okay.

We hope to be on the first bus from POP. We are only doing the 5K, but we really want to take advantage of our first Expo and all it has to offer. Plus I really want to get the 'I Did It' 5K shirt so that I can have even more motivation to be able to finish the race. It seems silly that I am worried about finishing the 5K and you all are running almost 3X what I am...

Not even remotely silly! We all worry about our races regardless of distance. Hope you have a fantastic race!!!

I still don't know what Friday is throwing my way, so expo plans are engraved in jello. Shooting for Friday 1 pm...maybe Saturday 2:30.

So those of you who are doing W&D and Princess Half, are you just jumping into the Princess training the week after W&D? I signed up for a local Half on Dec. 12th so I'm debating how to set up / keep up my training so I am ready for that. I don't know if I want to only have an 8 mile run as my furthest distance in the 4 weeks in between W&D and my local Half, but know that I do need to recover. I am using the Princess training program for Experienced Runners (finish in the upright position). Any thoughts?

I'm wondering this- but even worse- what if you're running Princess AND Tink after? at that point should I just keep cycling between reverse tapers? For me, my body holds endurance well. I won't lie; I could not run for 3 weeks and still go out and run about 8-10 miles first time back with minimal time loss and little to no endurance loss (ie my body will go at least that far without going '***, why are we doing this?') so I don't know that running 3x a week will be as important as maybe just making sure I get a long run in there? I'm just also trying to be realistic and worry about training burnout; which I'm ALREADY at. Trying to keep this training mentality up for the next 5 or so months? that's going to be the real endurance challenge :rotfl:

Vary similar to PrincessV's recomendation.
Use the reverse taper at the end of that program. Then counting back from the next race, long runs something like 11, 6, 13(race). Is there enough time in there? After Princess, if you want to get faster, I suggest concentrating some of your annual training to 5k - 10k specific training. Fast marathoners come from fast 800 meter runners. You can get to the same place with a ton of volume but it's more efficient to work in the Lactate-Threshold-distance range.

So to piggyback on my above question, but also on your advice- would you say the same for my situation? To not focus on speed until after Tink?

Are you effing kidding? What jerks they are.

If you want, I can run with you and I'll help you through every step of the way until you finish.

Stop worrying about them, and stop worrying about finishing. It's YOUR race. No one else's. YOURS. And I will be there every step of the way, as well as everyone else here.

I found this board (and my running challenge) at one of the saddest, darkest points in my life - and it has brought me so much joy and happiness (the races too). Life is too short too let people or things take away from the happy.

:disrocks:
If I wasn't so naturally competitive (hey, I'm a Virgo, and an only child....I couldn't have turned out any other way :rotfl2:) I'd offer to do the same, but I'm not sure I'm a good running partner. I really enjoy going into the zone and doing my own thing. And since I've only trained solo I'm not sure I could pace or be paced by anyone easily at this point. But I think it's awesome that on this board we have complete strangers say "hey, if you want, I'll run with you every step of the way". There needs to be more that in the world.

We will be on the first bus headed there too. We are staying at AsSports the first night, then moving offsite to Bonnet Creek so we will get up and around, check out and leave our bags with Bell Services then take the first bus we can get on. Our Fast Passes are later too and we can't check in to Bonnet Creek until 3:00 so we have nothing else to do either. There are a couple of things I really want so it's worth it to me to wait in line. And I am not a "wait in line" patient person, lol. :)

We're also going offsite to Bonnet Creek, but not until later after the race. It'll be our first time staying there.

We are picking up our rental car Friday after the expo, for all you experienced disney racers, would you suggest taking the car to the race or using disney buses. Also, do they let you leave your cars overnight in parking if you celebrate too much after the race haha

We're also going offsite to Bonnet Creek, but not until later after the race. It'll be our first time staying there.

We are picking up our rental car Friday after the expo, for all you experienced disney racers, would you suggest taking the car to the race or using disney buses. Also, do they let you leave your cars overnight in parking if you celebrate too much after the race haha

It will be our second stay there. Just stayed in a 3bdrm deluxe in September and we LOVED it. I love the Disney bubble, but with 5 of us, (3 adult daughters!) it was great to have all the space and extra bathroom. It is so close to Disney! We Ubered over to Boardwalk and used Disney transportation from there the couple of times DH didn't want to go with us and we girls didn't want to drive the rental. The lazy river was awesome! DD25 and I are staying in a 1 bdrm deluxe until 2/11 and plan on spending Saturday afternoon floating on the lazy river and relaxing. I think you will love it there!

Going ot the Expo around 3pm while the boys are at Indian Jones Stunt Show. I have seen it more times than I can remember so I figured I'd let the fiance and his friend have some man time while I quickly go to the expo. Also that way fiance can't tell me no :P

I have a feeling they are going to cancel my 5k tomorrow morning. Supposed to be thunderstorms starting 1 hour before race start time, thru the whole day. :( I'm watching the hourly forecast and hoping the storm will get delayed at least a couple of hours.

Hello to my fellow Pop friends! When you say first bus, what time is that expected to be?

And I got my costume figured out. It's kinda heavy, though, so my fiancee is a little worried about me overheating. I think it'll be okay, right ... RIGHT? :crazy2:

My outfit (not a costume) is all set to go now that I got that magical super unseasonable 70 degree run yesterday. :) I wish I could go back in time and tell May Miranda that she really should get some SparkleSkirts (the tech ones that have the shorts and stuff built into the skirt, not the actual sparkley ones) to run in over the summer, she would be a lot more comfortable than in her capris. They were so comfy and I love having the pockets built into the shorts. Now I don't have to worry about doing the race in untested bottoms.

Hello to my fellow Pop friends! When you say first bus, what time is that expected to be?

And I got my costume figured out. It's kinda heavy, though, so my fiancee is a little worried about me overheating. I think it'll be okay, right ... RIGHT? :crazy2:

The event guide says the first bus to Expo will leave at 9:30 I think. :)

It's the worry of a DNF if I get swept due to my injuries. They're a little to invested in my running, and I just worry that they'll go above and beyond to humiliate me. Which is a horrible extra worry to have, but sadly it is what it is. You'd think at nearly 30 I'd be done dealing with silly stuff like this.

More importantly and more positively I'll be in Disney this time next week! And I'll be counting down the seconds to my first half marathon! I cannot wait!

I echo everything said. There are a wonderful and supportive group of friends in here. It seems like most are in the same corral. The " H corral party group" party: might have to move to join you.

I am with a group of friends but am the only one run/walking. After last weekends Cocoa Beach Half my only goal is to finish. Still a little sore from that one. I would come back and join you too as others had said.

Last edited:
My husband and I were at Disney last year On W&D weekend , but not running.
It was so fun to see everyone during the day wearing their 5k shirts and medals!!
I'm just so excited!
Really hoping I get to meet some of you!

It seems silly that I am worried about finishing the 5K and you all are running almost 3X what I am...
I can say that I have never toed the line of any race without feeling nervous and worried. I think it is perfectly natural. Heck, I had a team mate in high school who threw up before every single cross country meet we ran. Ultimately, you've put in the time and effort to get to the starting line and honestly at that point the hard work is all done. My nerves disappear the instant I cross the starting line and then the excitement of the race takes over.

I echo everything said. There are a wonderful and supportive group of friends in here. It seems like most are in the same corral. The " H corral party group" party: might have to move to join you.

I know! Everyone here is great!

And I'm sad back here in "K". :(

I am with a group of friends but am the only one run/walking. After last weekends Cocoa Beach Half my only goal is to finish. Still a little sore from that one. I would come back and join you too as others had said.

You guys are way to nice. And this is what I LOVE about the running community. Everyone is supportive and wants you to succeed. (For the most part).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter