Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Is anyone giving away/selling a ticket for the post race party at Epcot? If so, I would be interested. Thanks!

I don’t mean to dampen the enthusiasm, but the Indiana Jones show could be modified to either eliminate audience participation or do rapid COVID testing of selectees before the show, and of course the audience could be ask to be masked.
“Disney Character Experiences” still does not mean “character interactions”. I honestly think we are some time away from getting hugs from Mickey and Minnie. There may be chances to be “closer” to characters, but they will continue to be separated from guests. On the course, if there are characters, I suspect they will be on platforms or stages of some kind.

Am I missing something here? The post-race party is not sold out.
Many of us do not use our tickets and sell them very cheap or give them away to active runDisers on this board. For example, two years ago I traded my ticket for a drink at the HH meet-up.

Edit...deleted last part as I was confused between W&D weekend and Marathon weekend

Last edited:
Many of us do not use our tickets and sell them very cheap or give them away to active runDisers on this board. For example, two years ago I traded my ticket for a drink at the HH meet-up.

Edit...deleted last part as I was confused between W&D weekend and Marathon weekend
Thanks! I get it.

I don’t mean to dampen the enthusiasm, but the Indiana Jones show could be modified to either eliminate audience participation or do rapid COVID testing of selectees before the show, and of course the audience could be ask to be masked.
“Disney Character Experiences” still does not mean “character interactions”. I honestly think we are some time away from getting hugs from Mickey and Minnie. There may be chances to be “closer” to characters, but they will continue to be separated from guests. On the course, if there are characters, I suspect they will be on platforms or stages of some kind.
Standing on an X in front of a roped off character & smiling for photopass is still a win now if it’s stand on an X in front of a roped off character for selfies like the last Tinkerbell race at DL apparently did for whatever reasons I’d be slightly upset

DL has interactions and photos with Marvel characters, so I don’t see why WDW can’t do the same thing. I had great quick convos and selfies with Cap and Iron Man over Labor Day.

If I was showing enthusiasm, then the internet struck again and it was by mistake. I am not known for my optimism or positivity. lol.

I was just saying that this gives zero reasons for characters not to be on the course (a worry for some). Like a PP said, Disneyland has interactions so WDW should start adding these things back in as well. For positivity's sake, that's what this blog post is shining some light on.

Am I missing something here? The post-race party is not sold out.

As some others have mentioned, I’m hoping for someone who may be looking to give it away/trade for a drink/sell at a discount. My friend is coming down with me, but he said he isn’t interested in paying full price for the party (which I totally get). And I would still really like him to come. Just a fingers crossed type thing!

As some others have mentioned, I’m hoping for someone who may be looking to give it away/trade for a drink/sell at a discount. My friend is coming down with me, but he said he isn’t interested in paying full price for the party (which I totally get). And I would still really like him to come. Just a fingers crossed type thing!

If you can't find a discounted or free ticket I would highly recommend the party even at full price. The caveat being that you make the rest of the day a non-park day. When I did the W&D in 2018 my wife paid full price for the ticket and one of the parties we were traveling with didn't have any runners and the adults all paid full price for their tickets. Everyone thought it was totally worth it because the crowds were low, a lot was opened, and it made for a great night. It replaced what would have been a park day so it wasn't in addition to other park admission.

Just throwing that out there as a data point.

Speaking of the party, is everyone operating under the assumption that Remy will be available during the party? We have a park pass for Epcot that day as well but obviously the 7 AM time is not super convenient that morning even though we will be up and I don't think we'll be in the park at 1, hopefully a nap!

Speaking of the party, is everyone operating under the assumption that Remy will be available during the party? We have a park pass for Epcot that day as well but obviously the 7 AM time is not super convenient that morning even though we will be up and I don't think we'll be in the park at 1, hopefully a nap!
So far, when the deluxe resort additional evening hours occurred, Remy was NOT available.

So far, when the deluxe resort additional evening hours occurred, Remy was NOT available.
i view that as completely different, that's 30 extra minutes right and they'd have to leave it open if people got in line at 10:29 or whatever that time threshold is. They had after hours events at Hollywood and had Rise open before they axxed the boarding group so hoping they do that here especially since virtual que passes at 7 AM are super convenient for runners as they'll be on the course on traveling back to hotel/cooling down.

i view that as completely different, that's 30 extra minutes right and they'd have to leave it open if people got in line at 10:29 or whatever that time threshold is. They had after hours events at Hollywood and had Rise open before they axxed the boarding group so hoping they do that here especially since virtual que passes at 7 AM are super convenient for runners as they'll be on the course on traveling back to hotel/cooling down.
The deluxe guest evening hours are 2 hours, you’re thinking of the half hour early entry for all resort guests

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter