Wine & Dine - Questioning hotel choice

bellrae

DIS Veteran
For Wine & Dine week I am at the Grand Floridian at the moment. I know it is not a partner hotel for the race weekend, but I was hoping with the Poly not being too far away it might be okay. Thinking it through a little more though I am now starting to worry about getting back from the race. Getting there should be easy as I can catch the monorail to Poly and race transport from there - but what about getting home? I am guessing the monorail will not be operating.

Any suggestions from anyone that has done this before? Or should I switch resorts?

There definitely was a path from GF to Poly when I last visited two years ago, and it was a pretty fast and easy walk (less than a mile and flat). You might want to ask this on the GF resort thread, because they could confirm the path is still there (I have no idea if the construction has closed or blocked the path) and what room to request to get you closer to the Poly.

I personally would switch resorts. It's just so nice to be at a host resort and to not have to walk extra after a half and then some hours of playing at the afterparty.

I personally would switch resorts. It's just so nice to be at a host resort and to not have to walk extra after a half and then some hours of playing at the afterparty.

Yup, only ever done it this way before - hence why I am getting worried :)

Have thrown the walking question out to the folk on the resorts forum so let's see what they come back with.

Am kicking myself, I originally had Poly booked and had a brain snap and switched!

Or if you really want to stay at GF, take a taxi or Uber back after the party. I would not want to walk from the Poly to my room at GF after a half and the after party.

Its really just one night - you can easily get a taxi from the party. Or like you said a quick walk. Stay where you want to stay - its more than just 1 night at 3am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter