• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine Package - 7-Night - Pros & Cons?

:worship::worship:Thank you for all of your comments, oh knowledgable one. :worship::worship:

i am just a shoppin machine and i don't even live in FL.:rotfl:
and it is a much better deal for you to bring your own wine. that way you will have something You really like not something they think you will.....and they will provide a cork screw from the room stewards!!:wizard:

karl

If you intend to drink a full bottle of wine with dinner each night, and are likely to buy the premium wines, it will work out about 30% cheaper than buying per bottle from the dining room. The $18 corkage fee makes it just as expensive to bring your own bottles onboard into the dining room, so you would need to bring it by glass into the dining room to realize a savings. One thing I think a lot of people are unaware of is that if you don't finish a bottle you order in the dining room, they will store it for you to have another night. I'm the only wine drinker in my party, so I bought one bottle and had it over the course of three nights. I loved my bottle of wine following me around the ship!

We did the wine package last week on the 7 day Western. While I can't comment on the value, we loved the convenince of having the wine avaliable at the table as well as in Palo. In fact we ended up with an 8 bottle package, we had one bottle in Palo which we did not finish at dinner (only dinner that week where we had some carry over), the next night we asked to finish the bottle and our Assistant Server came back a couple of minutes later and told us that the bottle was lost and to choose a replacement, so we ended up with an 8th botttle, which we carried to WDW and finished in our room at the Dolphin after debarkation. We also found all the wines we chose to be quite good, in fact we chose a Chardonay from South Africa twice. We do not drink a lot of wine at home but generally enjoyed all the wines we tried.

cost plus has large acrylic wine goblets, for a couple bucks. dont you remember robin and i carrying ours to dinner on the WBPC?(2 of them held a full bottle)

karl

GREAT idea!

$18 corkage is a bit steep. We did the wine package on our last cruise and were reasonably happy with it, though we did blow the bank upgrading to a really good bottle of wine at Palo.

So . . . our servers won't decide that we are miserable cheapskates if we walk into dinner with a big glass of wine??

Great ideas and input.

I have to see what my partner in crime wants to do and whether she's up for wine shopping and slogging through the hallways with a big old wine goblet.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :lmao:

I suppose, just to be more tasteful we could get those helmets with the sipping tubes like they do for beer. I wonder if they make them for wine goblets?

Ian....Monica and I already have a liquor store run planned for "Cook & Cater" day. I need to bring on some Rosa Regale!! And maybe a bottle of Conundrum, which I've heard rave reviews about. Hmmmmmm, my tote will hold three bottles....

I know! Another bottle of Rosa Regale! :lmao:

7 bottles would have been too many for just the 2 of us. We ended up buying 4 bottles over the 7 night cruise, and spend a lot less than the cheapest 7 bottle package.

7 bottles would have been too many for just the 2 of us. We ended up buying 4 bottles over the 7 night cruise, and spend a lot less than the cheapest 7 bottle package.

I think there are only 2 of us sharing the wine as well. The thought had occurred to me that 7 bottles might be too much.

Ian....Monica and I already have a liquor store run planned for "Cook & Cater" day. I need to bring on some Rosa Regale!! And maybe a bottle of Conundrum, which I've heard rave reviews about. Hmmmmmm, my tote will hold three bottles....

I know! Another bottle of Rosa Regale! :lmao:

Well, maybe we should just do ALL of our wine purchasing? I think Monica is planning on getting the acrylic wine goblets and they do come in a 4-pack. Does big sister imbibe?

Well, maybe we should just do ALL of our wine purchasing? I think Monica is planning on getting the acrylic wine goblets and they do come in a 4-pack. Does big sister imbibe?

She's not usually a wine drinker and probably would be more interested in a pre-dinner cocktail at The Promonade Lounge (so look for us there between the show and dinner). :thumbsup2 Actually, I'm not usually a wine drinker, but Peg will often have wine with dinner. I just want to taste the Conundrum and will share it with the family whatever night I decide to have it. I think brother is brining a suitcase full on board with them!

I know my DH found the wine package a bit limiting last time so think I should just get a couple of these...
70375.jpg

...and subtly bring a bottle of our own wine to dinner each night... :rolleyes1

I have mine pre booked and paid for now for August, makes it taste better knowing its 'paid for'.

Basically unless you order Cider each night for a week, the Wine package is cheaper than purchasing wine every night, so if you intend to use a bottle a night then its a great deal.

I have mine pre booked and paid for now for August, makes it taste better knowing its 'paid for'.

Basically unless you order Cider each night for a week, the Wine package is cheaper than purchasing wine every night, so if you intend to use a bottle a night then its a great deal.

hi Andrew
except for the 300-400% mark-up, its a steal, and you have already paid for it..
when you live in the US and don't have to worry about import quotas, it will always be a better deal to bring it with you. and you will bring wines you either already like or would want to try. we tipped our server and assistant server as if we had bought the bottle on board, but did not donate corkage to DCL. and they brought extra glasses to the table for our group every night. we would have white and red. i am not against Disney selling wine i am just against land shark mark-ups. i feel 200% is fair and most places that i dine at and buy bottles of wines from meet this standard.

karl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter