Winkler's head back! We are home.... The TR of a CRUNCHY MAMA! Updated with pics!

On Thursday morning, we rushed to finish last minute packing, chores, and check list. We were FINALLY going to Disney!! We all piled in my newly cleaned van, with our bunnies in tow and headed for my parents house. They were bunny sitting for us!

On the way, we finished "Little House" book #8, so we stopped at a bookstore for the last book of the series. We were sad that they didn't have it, but got instead the Little House Sampler, which is still quite inspiring!

We got Cooper and Domino settled. And soon we were saying our good byes and on the road again.

Of course, the boys got a few good naps in!! We had a yummy Super food salad and turkey for lunch!

We stopped in Cordele, GA for the night with plans to be up and at em early!!

Awww... Cute pictures! I can't believe how big the kids are all getting!

D~

luvin the pictures. Can't wait to see all the Disney pics :)

Next morning, after a restless night and disappointing breakfast (the juice machine was down), we were back on the road!!!

Along our drive down we listened to an audio book from the Witch and Wizard series and I read from the Little House Sampler.

During a stop

Soon the gates of WDW were in sight!! Gabriel was SO excited!! At one point he even said "I am so excited!" with his hands framing his face.

I let Gabriel go in and check in with me, while everyone else waited.

** I want to remind everyone that these photos are all with my phone. :)

I want to take a moment to point out that I DO breastfeed. And part of this TR will be about me "Nursing Around the WORLD" as a way to help the many other nursing mommies feel comfortable nursing on vacation! :flower:

After checking in and getting the stroller we rented (more about that later), I snapped a picture of the kids! Though getting them all to look was IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Then we parked and started hauling luggage up. We were pretty far down, but I was ok with it, because it allotted us a bit of a savannah view, though it isn't what I paid for. :)

Our room was AH- MAZING!!!!!!!!! I don't know if we will EVER be able to be happy in a regular room again. Matt and I are pretty sure the master bath is bigger than our bedroom at home! And that TUB!!! Heaven......

Of course, the kids couldn't wait to get out on the balcony!

I tried to unpack a few things, but didn't get much accomplished. We were too excited!! Isabelle wanted to show Gabriel Mk, badly!! And we had dinner ressies at Ohana! Soon we were on a bus headed for MK!

About our stroller rental. I was able to rent a dbl stroller from Apple for our trip for only $5 a day!!! I, basically, got the rental free, but paid the insurance. IDK if they are still running this special, but it was NICE! These were NICE side by side reclining umbrella strollers that fit in a standard door!

I want to mention... The washer and dryer were so WONDERFUL to have!! By having them I was able to keep Sawyer in his cloth diapers ALL WEEK! I even took our own detergent, (I make ours at home) so he wouldn't end up with a terrible rash. It really wasn't any trouble and I am sure he was more comfy! :goodvibes:

So we got cleaned up and headed to the bus stop! Still only had my phone for pictures.

Then we were on the bus heading for MK!

Soon we were looking down Main Street, blissfully, and Gabriel was so excited to finally see Cinderella's Castle!

It was a bit busy, and we didn't have much time, so we headed down Main Street, toward Tomorrowland for a spin on the Peoplemover, knowing that lines were usually short, so that Gabriel could get a peek around. On the way a nice lady gave us FPs for Peter Pan! We made plans to come back after dinner! We also grabbed FPs for Buzz as we walked by. I was a bit worried, when this ride stopped, that we would be late for Ohana! Luckily it was moving again soon!

Snapped this as we walked by!

All too soon, we were heading for the resort monorail. Gabriel was pretty excited though! For months, Isabelle told him about riding the monorail and that it was Rapide's (Special Agent Oso) Daddy!

We checked in at Ohana and as we waited, Matt convinced me to get a drink from the bar. I NEVER drink, but maybe 5- 10 drinks a year, so it was a treat, and I was thirsty! I got a SUPER tasty one! "Something" Macaw.... This doesn't end well (well, it does EVENTUALLY), and I think, perhaps, there is a lesson here. :( Ohana is one of my most FAV restaurants, EVER! Well, being both thirsty and hungry, I drank it too fast. Just as we were seated I felt a bit dizzy and soon, SICK to my STOMACH!!!!! I even excused myself to the bathroom with plans to make myself throwup (I don't have a gag reflex, so it didn't work). I returned to the table and tried to eat anyway. Soon, after getting food in my belly I felt better and began to enjoy myself. I didn't get any pictures, sorry... Except these while waiting.

So we finished up our yummy dinner (and the chef DID visit my table about my dairy issues) and decided to head back and use our FPs. Well, this NASTY black cloud was drowning us, so we headed back to our room instead. :( Usually we keep going in the rain, just put on ponchos, but this was a DOWNPOUR!

luvin the pictures. Can't wait to see all the Disney pics :)
Saturday morning started out with homemade waffles with real maple syrup in our room! My family requests these ALL the time!!! lol! Then we got ready and headed to the bus stop.... to AK!

On this trip to AK, we rode Kilimanjaro Safari, walked through Pangani and Maharajah, and had lunch at Tusker House (which pics are on Matt's phone...darnit. I will add later.). We did get a bit of rain, too. and it was still pretty busy. Lots of cheer groups.

[URL=http://s191.photobucket.com/user/RoseThorne7/media/20130504_092740_zps3d1722c1.jpg.html]

20130504_092645_zpsc8515f43.jpg
[/URL]

We also saw DeVine!

I also visited the baby center for a bit of quite nurse time. Every baby center is different. In AK, there are 2 rooms for nursing, each with one rocking chair and a door, for privacy. The baby centers aren't necessary for us, but Sawyer does get distracted easily, so sometimes we found a quite place without lots of traffic. I do have a picture of nursing him, but since it doesn't show the room, I won't post it.

It was kinda dark at Tusker House, so Matt used his phone, since it has a flash. I didn't get any food picture, either, but it was quite yummy! Sawyer especially loved the pearl couscous. Sawyer has only been on solids just under a month, and he doesn't eat much, either. He has never had, nor will, so long as I can help it, jarred baby food, and will NOT ever have baby cereal, especially RICE! I really don't let him have a lot of grains, so these were a treat. :)

These were also the first characters of our trip! Gabriel was ECSTATIC!!!

***Picture will be added soon***

Afterward we headed for a break in our room before heading back out to Epcot. Gabriel couldn't believe the size of Spaceship Earth, which we rode before we left! Fast passes were gone for Soarin already and lines were quite long, but we managed a stop at Club Cool where Isabelle gave Gabriel a cup of ....BEVERLY!!! Before I realized it he was spitting it back in the cup. I teasingly scolded her and made him a gingerale to clean his mouth.

We had dinner by snacking on the offerings at Flower Garden booths. YUM!!!

China- Spring Pancake with Grilled Chicken and Green Apple, had a bite, but so good!!

Candied Strawberries. Too messy, the kids loved them, but likely corn syrup for coating. :(

Me in Italy. Wow that area is looking nice!

Isabelle in Italy. 30 seconds after I snapped this a couple was engaged in front these topiaries!! :love:

Germany- Savory Bread Pudding with Spring Peas and Wild Mushroom Ragout, pretty salty, but good! Do you know one cup of crimini mushrooms provides a good, very good, or excellent source of 18 different vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant phytonutrients?

Gabriel playing at the German area.

At this point, Isabelle spotted a Turkey Leg and wanted one, so that was our next stop!

Japan- Fruishi

UK- My FAV!!! Trio of Trifles! I only had a taste of each, b/c of the dairy, but O.M.Goodness!!!!

After passing through UK, kinda slowly... (The band was great! Unfortunately, Isabelle is sound sensitive, so we never get to stop and listen for long) We headed out for the night. As we walked by, we decided to ride Spaceship Earth, which I nursed on! Then we watched a bit of Illuminations before rushing back to our bus. So, another day passed where I felt we accomplished so little.

I am soooo loving your report Alicia!

Your room looks amazing and it looks like everyone is having a great time.

I also think it's awesome that you are nursing through Disney... I know nursing has changed a lot since I nursed my girls, and I am so happy to see that. When my girls were little, it wasn't as easy to nurse in public.

Looking forward to hearing more!

D~

I'm loving all your pics. Isabelle and Gabriel look so grown up in the pics.
I love Gabriel's little face as you're getting near the Disney arch and the couple getting engaged in Epcot so cute :lovestruc

Your children are positively glowing in all the pics!

You seem to be doing a lot, and the kids are happy with no melt-downs! I say good job!

Loving the TR!
Also- love the clothes you make for them. Do you have an etsy shop?
I was so sad to read about Levi.... What an inspiration you are that you seem to just love life and seem like a good mama to your babies!! We are thinking about going for #3 and you make it look like it's easy-peasy!
Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter