WISH Away the Pounds Outstanding October Challenge -- Everyone welcome!

If I were at Disneyland right now my DH and I would be meeting the villains. This is something we love to do around halloweentime plus looking at all the pumpkins that are decorated with various characters.

My goal for today is to get all my water in. That is something I have really been struggling with.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!!!

my personal challenge is to log 8k steps daily - allowing myself 1 free day - journaling what I eat EVERYDAY using MyFitnessPal (MFP)

not sure who posted their WW leader says to ONLY journal on the days you want to lose! great comment for me to replay in my mind everyday :woohoo: when I don't journal EVERY morsel - it is not a losing week for me!

with that being said QOTD - I would be finishing brunch at BOMA :yay: then headed out to walk off those lucious calories :lmao:

even tho my DH & I are retired & each day should be equal- weekends are the hardest for me to stay on track - happy to say I have met my challenge for the day thus far!

WISHing everyone a day of meeting your personal goal!

Well, I think I am officially crazy!!!

As most of you know, I will be 50 in 6 short weeks.....so, what to do for my birthday??? A nice meal with friends and family???? A party??? A weekend away with DH????

Oh, no, nothing so ordinary......I've only gone and signed up for my 1st ever 10K!!!!! I've got 6 weeks to make the leap from 5K in 35 minutes to actually finishing a 10K!!! I've estimated my time to be 1:30...hope that is enough. Already been studying Jeff Galloways training page!!

Unfortunately, my laptop has died again.......telling me that the login I have used for the last 6 years is incorrect!!!! Taking it in to be looked at during the week, so I may be missing from this thread for a few days (using my work computer at the moment as I happened to be working from home yesterday).

As most of you know, I will be 50 in 6 short weeks.....so, what to do for my birthday??? A nice meal with friends and family???? A party??? A weekend away with DH????

Oh, no, nothing so ordinary......I've only gone and signed up for my 1st ever 10K!!!!! I've got 6 weeks to make the leap from 5K in 35 minutes to actually finishing a 10K!!! I've estimated my time to be 1:30...hope that is enough. Already been studying Jeff Galloways training page!!

Unfortunately, my laptop has died again.......telling me that the login I have used for the last 6 years is incorrect!!!! Taking it in to be looked at during the week, so I may be missing from this thread for a few days (using my work computer at the moment as I happened to be working from home yesterday).

Hey....I am sooooooooo freakin' proud of you!!:thumbsup2
Way better than me.

Take plenty of pics and video.

My birthday next year (December 30th), I will be celebrating my ....
if ya will.......
being a "Maintainer" by

1) seeing the Military Tattoo while at Endinburgh Castle (August 2014):goodvibes

and

what I am rreeaallly looking forward to is:

2) Zip-lining while out at Catalina Island (Jan 1st 2015):cool1:

(I am never seen or done 1 or 2 and am really looking forward to both):woohoo:

BUT WOW!!! a 10K - :cool2: ** WAY TO GO!! **:cheer2:

T.T.F.N.

QOTD Saturday, October 5, 2013 and Sunday October 6, 2013: If you were at Disneyworld or Disneyland right now where would you be and what would you be doing?

We'd probably be sleeping. LOL! I anticipate that no one will be up all that late on our trip in Feb. In fact, I'm wondering how hard core my little hard core girl will actually be.

My eating is all off kilter today. My husband is out of town and it takes me a bit to adjust. Thankfully, I don't have much of an appetite when he's gone so that helps me out some.

Be back with replies.

I've been trying to use this as motivation to stop letting the number on the scale tell the whole picture.

- Laura

What a change! I can see how you would be motivated. Congrats!

I was able to resist donuts at work yesterday. When I first saw them in the staffroom my heart soared because they are so yummy. A second later I asked myself what on earth was I thinking and walked away. Then I was naughty and told all my co-workers they were there. Stampede! :rotfl2:

Gotta PM my WI. Down half a pound. yippee

Congrats on your loss! That's great!

And, good for you for shoving those doughnuts off on your co-workers!:lmao:

My goal for today is to get all my water in. That is something I have really been struggling with.
I've been struggling, too. I need to drink a TON more than I have been

Congrats! What a great thing to do for your birthday!

QOTD Saturday, October 5, 2013 and Sunday October 6, 2013: If you were at Disneyworld or Disneyland right now where would you be and what would you be doing?

Right now we'd be finishing breakfast and getting ready to head to Magic Kingdom!

If I were at WDW or DL on a Sunday morning at 8:40 am, I would probably already be IN whatever park had EMH that morning! I am definitely a commando-style visitor and I get every park minute I can! Breakfast is usually a quick "in room" affair so that we can go, go, go!

What a FABULOUS plan! I'm so impressed. I have a big number birthday coming up next year and other than WANTING to spend it at Disney (which will NOT be happening :sad2: ) I haven't given much thought to how I want to spend the actual DAY. I love the idea of spending it doing something really memorable! I looked ahead and my b.day falls on a weekday, so it probably won't involve anything too elaborate. But thanks again for sharing your plans and for giving me food for thought!

Happy SUNDAY all!! My name is Pamela (not Jill ;) ) and I am your coach this week! We already have a FUN weekend QOTD, so I won't be asking anything special today.

I was SO EXCITED to see how many of you are making a special COMMITMENT for October! What a great way to challenge ourselves to make new healthy habits! As I mentioned I have made a small double commitment (one food, one exercise) for this month. Today's mile will be a bit more of a PITA, since it is pouring rain right now and we are heading to DMIL's later to celebrate her birthday. So I need to decide if I want to head out in the rain right now and get it done or wait for DH to wake up so I can hit the TM, or keep my fingers crossed that the weather clears up for a few minutes this afternoon. At the moment I'm leaning toward the TM!

So here is where I stand as of last night with my commitment for October....

Food 1/26 (since I got started late)

Mile 4/29 (also started this a bit late...oh well)

I look forward to coming on here every morning and updating my numbers!

I'm going to pull out my food journals for the last time I did my WW/SB hybrid and check on what food choices I was making then. I was really successful at getting BELOW my maintenance range, so I know I was making good choices with both food and exercise.

Off to get breakfast made for my sleephead men!! We need to leave here about 11 am to head to DMIL's house, so we had best get moving if we expect to have a nice breakfast together and then all have time to hit the shower!. I'll pop on later (thanks to DH's mobile hotspot and my lovely iPad) to check in on you all! ..............................P

If I was at Disney World right now, we'd be done with breakfast and heading out the door for our park day, or already waiting for rope drop! Everyone knows you don't sleep lat in Disney! :thumbsup2

If I was at Disneyland, I may be hyperventilating!I've never been and it is something I can't wait to experience!

Rest in Peace little Buddy - love all the years we had together and I will be soooo very lonely without you..
]
I'm so very sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose our furry family members. :hug:

Next time you see me, ask me if I've journaled today. ;)
Have you journalled today?

Welcome back! I CANNOT believe that Poko is 2. I remember when you got him! Hope everything is well for you, Mike, and Poko :)
Jill
thanks Jill. It is good to be back. I can't believe we've had Poko for almost 2 years too. Time sure does fly. Hope all is well with you and your family too. We are well, Mike's adjusting to middle school pretty smoothly, so happy about that.

To that end I'm sharing a little excerpt from an article on sparkpeople.com called 7 Things that Separate Weight-Loss Winners & Losers.

Whether you're focusing on your diet or hitting the gym, the commitment to long-term weight loss takes the mindset and mental stamina of a champion. You've got to have a supportive team and a great playbook to get on a winning streak. In this head-to-head match that lasts a lifetime, its all about preparation. Your success will be determined by how well you set your strategy and play the game.

Here are the winning strategies you'll need!

Winners Set Small Goals

Winners Take Breaks and Timeouts

Winners Are Proud of Themselves

Winners Take On New Challenges

Winners Keep Score

Winners Are Part of a Team

Winners Make It Fun

Which brings me to the QOTD for Thursday, October 3, 2013: Do you have all the winning strategies covered? Or do you have one of your own that should be added to the list?

BRB with replies and my own answer.
I'd say I have most of the strategies covered some of the time, and some of them covered most of the time. ;) I would add Winners forgive themselves if they fail and get right back on and try again.

I literally CHEERED here in the classroom upon seeing your name!!!!!!!!! :yay: I am SO SO SO SO HAPPY to see you here! You have been truly missed my friend!!! And I'm a terrible friend for not sending you a PM or text to let you know I've been thinking of you!!

And if you are officially in ONE-derland, I owe you LUNCH!! I would love to plan to get together soon! I'll drive down your way, since my schedule is probably much more flexible! Please let's plan this!!

And of course... WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

P
thank you Pamela. It's so good to see you and I'd definitely love to get together for lunch one day. I'm sorry I haven't been in touch either. How is dd doing? Where did she go to school? How are you and the boys doing without her at home? I thought of you and dd as I watched my niece head off to Montana State this august. She is loving it there, and was so ready. I'm sure dd is doing fantasticly. Is that a word? hmmm one of the teachers can correct me. :rotfl2:

I have big news to report!!! For the first time this century I saw a 6 as the first digit of my weight (measured in kilos, not pounds!)!!!

I weighed in at 69.7 kg this morning. However, since we do have a holiday here in Germany today (our national day: reunification day - today 23 years ago East and West Germany reunified), I slept in and stepped on the scale later than usually. And since I figured out that this can make some difference, I am not counting it as my "real weight" yet. But it should give me a lot of incentive to try and stay somewhat on plan over the next few days when I travel to Switzerland for a friend's 40th birthday. Already walked to the train station where they have a money exchange office and got some Swiss money: it is crazy colourful!! And now I am going to walk to a friends house where we are going to meet up with a few girlfriends. It is a brilliant sunny autumn day here and in the end I should end up with 2 hours of walking today!

Have a great day everyone!
Whoo hooo!!! Congratulations on your new number!!! How fabulous!!

:woohoo: It is so good to see you here, Kathy!

Yep, we had a great time at the Princess in 2011 and are doing it again for Princesspalooza 2014! princess: :yay: You are one of the people I think of when I say I've made lifelong friends thanks to WISH! :love:

Thanks Lisa. :hug: Yes we did have fun at the Princess!!!! I totally agree we will be lifelong friends, and I can't wait to see you again in February!!!!

Also, can't wait to find out who else is coming from this great group. I know Buffy is!! YAY. What about Cam? Rose? Anyone else doing the princess this year?

Oh... you mean that thing I NEVER wear??? :confused3 (Ssshhh.... don't tell my boss... or my members!! :ssst: ).................P
ah what is this? Pamela not following the rules? :rotfl2: How is WW going? Are you a leader or receptionist? What a great job for you.

I had a good weigh-in this morning at WW. I was so off-track the first three days of my week as I struggled with my brother's death and his funeral and my Aunt's visit for the funeral. We definitely indulged in too much comfort food and sometimes too late at night.

Sunday, I got back on track and have journaled every bite since then. I think it really makes a difference for me, and I was down 1.6.
Cam, my sincere sympathy to you and your family for your tragic loss. I'm so sorry. :hug: I am so proud of you that you had the strength to get right back on track this week, and had such a great loss. You are amazing. I remember Pamela's words when my mom was sick, "you can't control what is happening around you, but you can control how you react to it." Big hug to you, Cam. :hug:

Off to pick ds up at ccd, and will bbl later to catch up more.

Kathy - Thank you for your kind words, sweetie. :hug: And yes, I have journalled today. :) I am on a journalling streak. I'm actually pretty proud of myself for that. ;)

I have had such a productive weekend and hope to get a lot more accomplished today. Friday night, I cooked myself a nice dinner and then started my favorite author's most recent book and went to bed early. Howard is away at WDW for the Tower of Terror race (last night), so my Friday night would have been lonely without the book.

Yesterday I went to the Y and did 60 minutes on the treadmill at race pace and 60 minutes on the elliptical (to save my knee and hip for next weekend's half-marathon). I also did grocery shopping and some batch cooking for the week (roasted butternut squash and veggies egg cups).

Today, my sweet furbaby Cali woke me up pretty early (I think she misses her big sister who is away for the weekend and her daddy). So, I've been up and have already cooked myself a nice egg white omelette with spinach, onion, grape tomato and feta and have started a veggie turkey chili. I also have a bunch of other stuff I have to cook today: salad, mashed cauliflower, roasted brussel sprouts and apple pies. I'm already packed for the gym tomorrow morning, the bed sheets are changed, and I have everything pulled together to do "thank you for your condolences" cards.

Trying to keep myself busy and not lonely until Howard gets home.

I hope everyone has a great day!

I was happy to see that the poof fairy didn't take my post way back when. I posted from my ipad and it didn't look like it worked. It has taken a very long time to read everything. I was very far behind! Love the chattiness.

That poof fairy is very frustrating for sure. ::yes:: Way to resist the siren's call of the donuts! :thumbsup2

If I were at Disneyland right now my DH and I would be meeting the villains. This is something we love to do around halloweentime plus looking at all the pumpkins that are decorated with various characters.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!!!

It doesn't all have to be water, coffee and tea also count, in case you are one of us in the pumpkin wagon. :flower3:

my personal challenge is to log 8k steps daily - allowing myself 1 free day - journaling what I eat EVERYDAY using MyFitnessPal (MFP)

not sure who posted their WW leader says to ONLY journal on the days you want to lose! great comment for me to replay in my mind everyday :woohoo: when I don't journal EVERY morsel - it is not a losing week for me!

with that being said QOTD - I would be finishing brunch at BOMA :yay: then headed out to walk off those lucious calories :lmao:

even tho my DH & I are retired & each day should be equal- weekends are the hardest for me to stay on track - happy to say I have met my challenge for the day thus far!

WISHing everyone a day of meeting your personal goal!

Congrats on making your week-end goal yesterday! :yay:

That sounds like a great way to celebrate your birthday during this wonderful year, Helen! :cool2: Galloway has a 10k training app through Lolo that you could just in on.

My birthday next year (December 30th), I will be celebrating my ....if ya will.......being a "Maintainer" by 1) seeing the Military Tattoo while at Endinburgh Castle (August 2014):goodvibes

and

what I am rreeaallly looking forward to is:

2) Zip-lining while out at Catalina Island (Jan 1st 2015):cool1:

(I am never seen or done 1 or 2 and am really looking forward to both):woohoo:

Sounds like two very exciting goals! ::yes::

We'd probably be sleeping. LOL! I anticipate that no one will be up all that late on our trip in Feb. In fact, I'm wondering how hard core my little hard core girl will actually be.

My eating is all off kilter today. My husband is out of town and it takes me a bit to adjust. Thankfully, I don't have much of an appetite when he's gone so that helps me out some.

Be back with replies.

Enjoy your week-end with your girls! princess:

Right now we'd be finishing breakfast and getting ready to head to Magic Kingdom!

Sounds like fun! :tink:

So here is where I stand as of last night with my commitment for October....

Food 1/26 (since I got started late)

Mile 4/29 (also started this a bit late...oh well)

I look forward to coming on here every morning and updating my numbers!

I'm going to pull out my food journals for the last time I did my WW/SB hybrid and check on what food choices I was making then. I was really successful at getting BELOW my maintenance range, so I know I was making good choices with both food and exercise.

Off to get breakfast made for my sleephead men!! We need to leave here about 11 am to head to DMIL's house, so we had best get moving if we expect to have a nice breakfast together and then all have time to hit the shower!. I'll pop on later (thanks to DH's mobile hotspot and my lovely iPad) to check in on you all! ..............................P

Enjoy your Sunday, Pamela, and thanks for coaching for the next few days! :thanks:

If I was at Disney World right now, we'd be done with breakfast and heading out the door for our park day, or already waiting for rope drop! Everyone knows you don't sleep lat in Disney! :thumbsup2

If I was at Disneyland, I may be hyperventilating!I've never been and it is something I can't wait to experience!

Well, I hope that you do get to go to Disneyland someday! pixiedust:

I am happy to report that I am at 108% of my ActiveLink goal for the week so far. :goodvibes Today will be fine, it's those days chained to my desk that are tough. :sad2:

Weigh ins and colors are updated -- I'm very impressed with how colorful we are so early in the challenge. :cool2:

Enjoy the rest of your week-end! :flower3:

Well did great with the water yesterday but diet coke has been calling my name all day today. I'll start on the water as soon as I get home. Sitting at e laundromat right now waiting on my comforter.

Pjilla I think you asked me about the outlet location I'm actually in Gettysburg so it's their outlets. I think we're too close to the DC metro area to get great deals at our outlets. You really need to wait until the outlet itself has sales and clearances. Very excited though mid month a Chicos is opening at our outlets. Funny I go into the store and never finis anything in like but I get hand me downs from a friend and an aunt and I love what they give me. I just have no fashion sense myself.

Today is the first day in two weeks that my poison ivy reaction hasn't been absolutely miserable. I got a good dose of it clearing out wandering ivy that apparently had poison ivy or oak interspersed. Ugh. I didn't know I was susceptible until now! It's been miserable... This morning I panicked because lighter areas really puffed up red after my run. I finally broke down and applied an old steroid prescription cream I had, and that work a miracle I should've been using it sooner. Feeling much better! I'm still going to look pretty pathetic when the beau gets into town later this week, but what're you gonna do.

QOTD on the scale, it rules me when I'm in weight loss mode. Otherwise I ignore it. I'm so non maintenance oriented that it becomes a game when I am in a weight loss mood. That means hopping on the scale is just part of it. And I keep jumping on it after my runs just to see the little overweight symbol jump down to healthy weight - which it only does right now after an hour run / walk. :)

Other QOTD my DD15 is an avid character hunter so unless it was a MNSSHP night we'd probably be at Hollywood Studios looking for Wreck It Ralph.

Good morning all and HAPPY MONDAY! (Is that an oxymoron?? Is there such thing as a "happy" monday??? :confused3).

Anyhow.... I am up and moving and dressed for work today. Coffee is brewing, but I still have lunches to make and a few pots to wash. I RARELY leave pots in the sink overnight, but we got home late last evening from DMIL's potluck birthday party and of course, I showed up at home with POTS to empty and wash and I just didn't have it in me. Of course, they haunted me all night!!:rotfl: Plus the dishwasher needs to be emptied. oh well.

Here is today's QOTD for Monday, October 7, 2013:

Mornings are tough for many folks.... especially MONDAY mornings. What do you do in advance to make sure that you get a good healthy breakfast and a good start to your week?

If you struggle with this, what is one new thing you think you could try this week?? Maybe a new make-in-advance breakfast recipe?? Maybe packing up something healthy to eat during your commute? Maybe getting to bed earlier and setting the alarm for 15 minutes early so you have time to have breakfast at home??

I'm off to work and of course I don't know what kind of computer access I will have. I will pop on during the day if I am able....otherwise I'll be back to chat about 3:30 today! Make it a GREAT ONE!.................P

My 'good Monday' starts on Sunday afternoon........make sure I have an outfit ready for work, make sure my work bag is packed (laptop and god knows what else!!!), make sure I have enough fuel in the car (nothing worse than getting up on a Monday to find there's nothing in the tank) and make sure that I have something planned/made/defrosted for Monday lunch.

If all of the above goes to plan, then I have plenty of time for breakfast on Monday morning!!!

Not having the best week directly due to the fact that I've been naughty. 66 days I've been doing great and then the last 3 days I "need" snacks. Guess I need to purge the pantry again.

I'd say I have most of the strategies covered some of the time, and some of them covered most of the time. ;) I would add Winners forgive themselves if they fail and get right back on and try again.

Excellent point! :thumbsup2

It's like riding a bicycle being here, isn't it? ;)

And yes, I have journalled today. :) I am on a journalling streak. I'm actually pretty proud of myself for that. ;)

:woohoo: on the journalling streak! :yay:

Sounds like a nice relaxing Sunday! :cool2:

QOTD on the scale, it rules me when I'm in weight loss mode. Otherwise I ignore it. I'm so non maintenance oriented that it becomes a game when I am in a weight loss mood. That means hopping on the scale is just part of it. And I keep jumping on it after my runs just to see the little overweight symbol jump down to healthy weight - which it only does right now after an hour run / walk. :)

Other QOTD my DD15 is an avid character hunter so unless it was a MNSSHP night we'd probably be at Hollywood Studios looking for Wreck It Ralph.

Ouch on the poison ivy! :hug: It is amazing how long that oil stays around.

I know that you will get that symbol to stick in the healthy range very soon! ::yes::

Good morning all and HAPPY MONDAY! (Is that an oxymoron?? Is there such thing as a "happy" monday??? :confused3).

Anyhow.... I am up and moving and dressed for work today. Coffee is brewing, but I still have lunches to make and a few pots to wash. I RARELY leave pots in the sink overnight, but we got home late last evening from DMIL's potluck birthday party and of course, I showed up at home with POTS to empty and wash and I just didn't have it in me. Of course, they haunted me all night!!:rotfl: Plus the dishwasher needs to be emptied. oh well.

Here is today's QOTD for Monday, October 7, 2013:

Mornings are tough for many folks.... especially MONDAY mornings. What do you do in advance to make sure that you get a good healthy breakfast and a good start to your week?

If you struggle with this, what is one new thing you think you could try this week?? Maybe a new make-in-advance breakfast recipe?? Maybe packing up something healthy to eat during your commute? Maybe getting to bed earlier and setting the alarm for 15 minutes early so you have time to have breakfast at home??

I'm off to work and of course I don't know what kind of computer access I will have. I will pop on during the day if I am able....otherwise I'll be back to chat about 3:30 today! Make it a GREAT ONE!.................P

I have accepted that my go to breakfast of bagel and cream cheese at my desk is staying. I've done it for years. I've tried to change it and eat at home and just does not work for me. So this week I am trying to make what I already do better by using mini whole grain bagels and adding a fruit and a couple of boiled egg whites. I'll let you know how that goes. :goodvibes

That being said I did see this article in the Sparkpeople FB feed for some breakfast suggestions that might sound good to people. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1949

My 'good Monday' starts on Sunday afternoon........make sure I have an outfit ready for work, make sure my work bag is packed (laptop and god knows what else!!!), make sure I have enough fuel in the car (nothing worse than getting up on a Monday to find there's nothing in the tank) and make sure that I have something planned/made/defrosted for Monday lunch.

If all of the above goes to plan, then I have plenty of time for breakfast on Monday morning!!!

This is a must do in our house, too. It makes Monday mornings so much more pleasant. ::yes::

Not having the best week directly due to the fact that I've been naughty. 66 days I've been doing great and then the last 3 days I "need" snacks. Guess I need to purge the pantry again.

Get rid of the trigger foods and congratulate yourself on those 66 days you were successful -- you know that you can do it again! ::yes::

I'm at 113% for my ActiveLink challenge so staying right on plan! :yay: It does help to have to report here so thanks for the personal mini-challenge this month. :thanks:

Howdy! I'm here for just a minute to say hello. The kiddos have indoor recess right now, so I am surrounded by games and puzzles and loud kids! I will have a few minutes to pop on and do replies when they go to Music later today. TTYL!..........P

QOTD: Monday mornings are a non-issue for me, since Mondays aren't always work days for me. I'm a nurse and work three days a week in a hospital, and my days vary. My usual breakfast items are either scrambled Eggbeaters with a bunch of veggies mixed in, or a piece of Ezekiel bread toasted with a slice of Swiss, or on work mornings it's oatmeal with PB mixed in and a banana.

If I have work, I wake up extra early to get my run in, I then shower and get dressed for work and head out the door with a fruit smoothie. I find it so much easier if everything is planned the night before. I put out a running outfit, my shoes, and a bottle of water in the ice box. I pick out and iron something for work. I also have everything I need for work ready to go. I also make sure I have breakfast every morning by making a week's worth of smoothies on Sunday, I then freeze them and just defrost one the night before, it's all ready to go for 7:30!

If I don't have work, I pretty much have the same routine. I just don;t get up quite as early for my run. I will have a different breakfast sometimes, I like oatmeal, or grits with an egg in it. I always make sure to have water on hand as well!
Have a great Monday everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter