WISH Check-In Week Of January 5

Jiminy102

<font color=blue>The TF is busy trying to tag peop
HELLO WISHers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And welcome to another exciting year of being healthier!!!!

Welcome to all of the returning WISHers as well as all of our new WISHers!!! WISH is easy all you need to do is let everyone know what your goals are and how you are doing. Through the good times and the bad we are here for you!! There are people working on all kinds of things to be healthier many are weight loss or excercise oriented or a combination of the two. No matter what you goal for being healthier this year or what your meathod you are wlecome here. Lets all introduce ourselves and let everyone know what our goals are!!

I am Holly. Most of you know me since I have been doing this for awhile. I would like to loose around 120 pounds or actually about 115. I am 31 and married with no children. I started back to trying to stick to Weight Watchers on January 1 and have been doing ok so far. I will weigh in on Tuesday and let everyone know how I did Right now my stats are 270/270/155 That is whfere I started/where I am/where I want to be. I have been overweight my whole life. I have been on just about every diet and way of eatin in the book except for low carb. I would like to be under 200 before our next trip to Disney. We are aiming for May of 2004 for our next trip.

Ok who is next. Feel free to give as much or as little information as you are comfortable giving us. We are all here for support, comfort and motivation as well as a great source of ideas and information.

Remember to drink your water everyday!! It really healps with being healthier.

Welcome everyone to a great new year here at the WISH weekly check-In!!

Happy WISHing
Holly

Ok, I'll go next. My name is Karen and I have recently returned to being a vegan. When I had my first child back in 1996, I slacked off the veganism and went back full force to the Standard American Diet (meat, dairy, fat, junk). Between 1996 and 2002, with two more pregnancies, I gained 60 pounds (non-pregnant weight)! In Feb 2002, I had an abdominoplasty and hernia repair to repair a split from my last c-section. I lost some weight before surgery (got to 144), then maintained 137 for a while after surgery. But the comfortable (I look good) factor stepped in and the eating started again and from July to October I gained back 20 lbs!

When I stepped on the scale after returning from Disney in October (October 19 to be exact) and the scale said 157 I flipped! That's when I realized that I need to control what goes into my mouth. I returned to being a low-fat vegan (a big, big day of healthy food might run 1500 calories!)...

Since October 23 I have lost 28 lbs. I would like to get back down to 115, so that I can have a 5 lbs leeway between 115 and 120. I am 5'4" and medium framed.

So that is my story. I would be more than happy to post some vegan recipes such as Hummus, Guacamole, Vegetarian Chili, Curried Split Pea Soup, etc...

Good luck everyone.

Karen

HW:172 CW:128.8 GW1:125 GW2:120 GW3:115

Okay, I'll go next. I'm Brian. I'm maintaining a 105 pound weight-loss now for almost eight months after being obese or morbidly obese for 23 of the previous 26 years. I'm currently working to build up my muscle mass, which I feel will help me continue to maintain my healthy weight as I get older. My weight has been pretty steady, though I've been drifting up a few pounds in recent weeks, after drifting down a few pounds in the few weeks prior to that. I'm back where I should be, and I'll aim to stabilize here.

I'm suffering, a bit, today, with the I-don't-wanna's, so I didn't do any exercise this morning. I'm planning on cutting out of work at lunchtime (obstensibly to pick up a novel that I've been waiting for years to be published) and do some laps around the shopping mall. We'll see if both work and personal motivation allow for that. Regardless, I've got tomorrow covered, since thankfully my Viniyasa Yoga class starts up again tomorrow after the holidays.

Incidently, I filled out my first survey for the National Weight Control Registry yesterday. What a gratifying experience, one that I think everyone would look forward to. Just reflecting on the changes you've already made, even knowing how much more work you have to do, is very satisfying, but having the opportunity to look at it all at once is a really incredible experience.

Just wanted to let everyone know that my first wigh in was today. I am down 1.5 pounds. Needless to say I was doing the happy dance!! so know my stats are

270/268.5/155

Congratulations! Yay! Keep up the great work!

Karen

First let me say Great JOB Jiminy102 on your achievement!!!!

I have checked in a time or 2 here, but not been official. I was always overweight growing up. I then had bad sinus infections which caused me to loose weight. My first weight lose was from 160 to 145, then from 145 to 125. I met DH and went back up to 145. Sinus kicked in and I was able to get down to 116 by maintaining low fat eating and walking everyday. I maintained that for a year then became pregnant. I have fluctuated from 125 to 145 in the last 5 yrs, the last year I have been at 125 or less since I was exercising regularly. Atleast I was back to 160. I am now ready to get back to my lowest weight if not better. I took 2 months off exercising (November/December) and feel ready for anything. I am currently exercising 7 days a week, this will probably go down to 5 once burn out hits. I am also trying to watch my carbs and fat intake. I have high cholesterol, spastic colon and am glucose intolerant so it doesn't leave much to eat. I have always lost my weight by changin my eating habits and exercising. I love to walk, so when the weather is great outside excercise is easy for me.
I am 5'. On 1/1/03 I weighed at 124.4. I weighed in today at 121.5. So 124.4/121.5/114 are my stats. Once I hit 114 I may try for 110, I need to see how I look.

I am Carol. I am 5' 4" and 49 years old with 2 teenagers.

I started Weight Watchers November 13, 2002 at 151.2 pounds. I would like to be somewhere around 125, I think. Right now I am working towards my first 10% weight loss which would be 15 pounds, down to 136.2. Then I will have to decide my next goal. Today I weighed in at 139.8. I lost 4.2 pounds over the 2 weeks surrounding the holidays, which is amazing considering the fudge and cookies and candy that came into this house.

So I guess that makes me 151.2/139.8/125.

Hi I am Mike. Just found this thread. It might help me lose some weight. About I year ago I decided it was time to lose some weight. The amount I wanted to lose and the amount my doctor wanted to lose differed from about 25 lbs. At least we both agreeed that I shoild lose some weight. I was doing great and lost seven pounds. Then came the Xmas holidays. Just came back from the doctors office and the weight I lost I have put back on. New Years resolutions this year is to eat more healthy and exercise.

Great job Breezy_Carol on staying with it over the holidays!!!!

CdnDisneyNut, your resolution is great. Set the lifestyle changes and then the weight will come off.

Wow, how can it be 2003? It's great to "see" all of you.

I'm 39 years old, 5'10" and began WW on 12/3/01. I've lost 61.2 pounds and am within the WW range for my height but I want to lose more.

My favorite slogan is: "Success stops when you do."

I've frequented this board a little bit and now I'm back again!

Let's see, I've been overweight my whole life. Even a big 9 lb. 2 oz. baby born to a mom who has been told her whole life she's too skinny. I've lost and gained a bunch of weight over the years. I get so discouraged with myself when I realize I'm back where I started or even a little more. I figure the worst thing would be to give up and not try again so here I am. I'm 44 yrs. old, mom of two and 5'7".

My goals are to lose at least 70 lbs. but ultimately just do the best I can with this. I'm tired of almost always being the largest person in any situation. I'm tired of all the fun things in life passing me by like swimming, etc. Even when I do allow myself to participate I'm so self-conscious. I want to be healthier. The latest news on how overweight people die so much sooner than thin people really scares me. I want to be here for my kids and grandkids. I eat when I'm stressed and I'm stressed ALL THE TIME!!! But I eat when I'm happy too so that's no excuse!

I'm not on any program and have just started trying to eat less and make better choices on what I do eat. My willpower is pretty weak and then I beat myself up when I fail. I don't like drinking water, don't like most veggies and love carbs way too much.

My DD is recovering from a serious illness and she has to exercise with weights every day. So she won't have to do it alone I've started doing it with her so perhaps that will help because we can't just stop doing it.

Well enough rambling. Thanks for listening and good luck to everyone with their goals!

My willpower is pretty weak and then I beat myself up when I fail.

I know this feeling all too well. I would eat something in the evening then wake up and my first thoughts were why did I do that? Once you get use to eating healthier you will enjoy not having that feeling.

Great to hear you won't be doing it alone, partners are wonderful.

My name is Amy, I'm 43 and I'm coming back to the WISH board. I used to check in pretty regularly - I started Weight Watchers in Aug. 2001 and did great - lost 32 pounds. Then in Feb. 2002 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and I decided dealing with chemo and radiation was going to be tough enough that I didn't need to watch what I was eating, too. Finished all my treatments by the end of August, and then I started celebrating. With food. Gained a few pounds and thought I'd better get back on track, but the holidays were coming. So I put it off.

Well, yesterday I went for my annual gyne exam. I've gained 14 pounds since last February!!!!! I HAVE to get back on track. I didn't go thru chemo and radiation only to ruin my health by gaining weight again!

This is going to be even more difficult, because I have to take Tamoxifen for 5 years; this drug supresses estrogen, so it put me into menopause. And my gyne said that when you're in menopause, your metabolism slows down and that makes it harder to lose weight. NOT what I needed to hear!

So this weekend I'm getting back on track. Can't afford to go back to WW right now, but I have all the materials. DH and the boys will be camping all weekend, so I won't have any stress driving me to chocolate (my weakness). We're going to WDW in June, so I'm stating it here for the whole world (or a little corner of it anyway) to see:

MY GOAL IS TO LOSE 15 POUNDS BY MAY 31. That's about 1 pound per week.

Hey---is there some place we can share lo-fat, lo-cal recipes?

Amy --
You might also want to visit the Weight Watchers message boards --- they have a recipe forum there that might be helpful to you also. But be sure to continue to check in here with us on the WISH board too!;)

Weight Watchers Message Board

I am not necessarily following Atkins to the 'T' but I am incorporating many of his suggestions in to my new way of eating. I've been eating low carb since June and have dropped 32 pounds. I feel better than I EVER did before. I cannot believe how much healthier I'm eating. I think many people hear the word 'Atkins' and automatically assume you are a heart attack waiting to happen.:rolleyes: Sure, I have bacon and eggs on occasion -- but I eat way more healthy veggies and proteins than I've ever eaten.

My stats as of 12/31/02
start/current/goal
247/215/139
5'2''
Started low carb 6/17/02
age - 40
:D

Hi everyone!
My good friend Jody reminded me about the wonderful WISH thread where we "met". It has been a while since I have been here, but it feels good to come back.

My name is Vija (the J is silent) and I am 34. I initially didn't want to post my wt, just in case someone I know will read this. But I had to stop and laugh, because anyone I know in person will undoubtedly know I am not at 115!!! LOL!! So here goes....

I am now at 273. I have rejoined WW for the 4th time!:rolleyes: But this time it is for keeps. :Pinkbounc I joined last year in October and then I was 280, I did loose a few pounds, but stopped going in December so I had to rejoin. Like my leader said, I need to believe in the program, so that is my goal. By believing in it, and putting my trust in it, I feel the wt will come off, but I need to focus on the journey and not so much the numbers. I have adapted a new approach, instead of "I have to exercise" it is "lets see how much I can accomplish" attitude, and it is very refreshing! I plan on adjusting that attitude to my whole world.

Here's to a wonderful 2003 for all of us!!!

Like Vija said -- we met one year ago on the WISH board and became very good friends! I almost said 'cyber friends' because we've never met or even talked in person [only via the internet] BUT I feel like we are more than 'just' internet friends --- I truly think of her as just one of my 'good friends'!:D

So --- reach out to someone that is going thru the same struggles as you right now. My 'WISH' for you would be that you manage to meet someone and develop a friendship as special as ours!;)

And you manage to learn something new every day!
My name is Vija (the J is silent)
I don't think I ever new that the 'J' is silent!
:smooth:

Okay...we have to check in every week?

Here goes...
Lisa, 40 5'4 ish, 158 lbs.

I need to lose the weight for myself. I don't feel well being this weight. I have not weighed this much since I was pregnant.

I want to weigh around 130, best weight prob. 125. I used to weigh 115 and I looked terrible. So, I want to be able to move like I used to, not have any shortness of breath, etc.

I am currently looking for a good used treadmill, cause I hate walking in the cold.

I am trying to drink more water and cut out a lot of the sugar.
Any other hints? I could use all of them! Please help me get to my goal...

Thanks..
Lisajl

Well, I have been back at WW faithfully since Thanksgiving and have lost 8.5 lbs even with the holidays! (Lost 3 this past week) My goal was to maintain or lose through the holidays and I did! It's taken me a year, but I am actually 12 lbs lighter than I was a year ago! Now my goal is to lose weight two weeks in a row! I'd like to pick up the pace a little bit! Have been walking...walking...walking.. and drinking water...drinking water...drinking water....but it has paid off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter