Wish sailing Friday! - Star Wars lounge and moving dining time?

chimoe

Mouseketeer
Hi all. We are heading to 1st cruise and have a few questions.

To get into Star Wars lounge I heard we have to reserve this upon entering ship? Where is this done? Is this something we need to immediately do upon entering the ship?

We have 8pm dining time which is not ideal for our young kids. I was put on a waiting list but as of today 2 days out we still are showing 8pm. I was told to request this onboard. How likely is this to happen? Any tips?

any other tips for things we should immediately book or do upon entering ship?

Last edited:
Thanks.

What’s likelihood that I would be able to get some or all my dining times changed?

We have 8pm dining time which is not ideal for our young kids. I was put on a waiting list but as of today 2 days out we still are showing 8pm. I was told to request this onboard. How likely is this to happen? Any tips?
If it is still second dining when you board, you can go to the dining changes location to ask. On the Wish this is done in Luna and on our cruise began at 1. Check the app to see if the time has changed. People will begin lining up 45-60 minutes before they open. If they have room, they will move you.

We arrived at 12:10 to wait for Luna to open for dining change requests. We were about fourth in line but the people in front of us were there for Palo brunch or Enchante so we were the first to request early dining. By 1pm there were probably about 100 people behind us so getting there early is a must! They were unable to move us the first night, but they did get an opening on nights 2 and 3 (based on various hints, we suspect the family that had the table we got became quarantined on day 2). Both late dining and early dining were completely full—the Wish is pretty much sailing full these days now that they are no longer testing at port.

I would mentally prepare not to get moved as The Wish has been very full lately. You can always feed your kids early via the pool deck food (which on The Wish is amazing) or room service.

I would mentally prepare not to get moved as The Wish has been very full lately. You can always feed your kids early via the pool deck food (which on The Wish is amazing) or room service.
And to be honest, many "forced" to do late seating end up being converts.

And to be honest, many "forced" to do late seating end up being converts.
I hear this a lot, and I don’t mean to scare OP, but for our 7 year old the one night we had late dining was a disaster. We fed him early at the pool but were hoping he would stay up to see the show at Arendale restaurant since Frozen is his all time favorite movie. Instead he was begging to go from the start and eventually started crying and wailing loudly inconsolably midway through. I had to take him to bed and miss the show and DH had to bring my food to the cabin when the rest of the family finished. I was so glad I had been able to book the Olaf picnic (although expensive) because he had an amazing time there the next day. But if we didn’t have that we’d have missed out on the Frozen entertainment entirely. We had early dining the next two nights and we all had wonderful dinners at 1923 and Marvel. I told my husband the time we spent waiting in line for dining changes at Luna that first day was worth every second!

I do wish Disney would switch to SLIGHTLY earlier dine tines (eg 5pm and 7:30 instead if 5:45 and 8:15) because it would be so much easier on the kids to do late dining , but that is a debate for another thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter