WISHing Away the Pounds - 2015 Edition!! Everyone Welcome!

I didn't get my fruits/veggies yesterday :/ I got 2 servings not 5. Hoping today i do better, I have already had 1 serving with breakfast (banana with my cereal) for lunch I am gonna aim for a fruit and a veggie.

A runDisney event is in my future dream plans too. I don't have a firm plan but I am hoping by my 40th birthday I will be ready. (I turn 35 on Tuesday) for a girl who doesn't run I made it a long term plan lol Gonna try and hit a couple 5Ks between now and then.

Fitness Friday!

A fitness question to start us off into the challenge: Ever since I got a fitbit last summer, I am surprised how inactive I am for large stretches of the day. This has encouraged me to incorporate more activity in my daily life. Have you ever thought about this, are there things that you do consciously to incorporate more activity in your life? Have you ideas on how to do that?

I guess I should answer my own question! :lmao:

One thing I have started is to go for walks in the evening. Just to make sure that I hit my 10,000 steps goal for the day. There are days when I head out for a 20 minute walk at 9:30pm. I am lucky that I live in a very safe neighbourhood where I can just walk around the block. I put a Disney podcast on my phone and am entertained.

Another thing I have started is to walk around my house when I brush my teeth. A bit strange, I know, but I can get a few hundred steps that way.

For some time I also was quite good of doing at least a short 10 minute strength exercise on a semi-daily basis. I like the Sparkpeople fitness videos for that! Need to get that back into my routine!

Hi all! Just a quick drop-in for me, as I have to start my vacumming soon.

:welcome: Charity and Jordan!

Fruits and veggies is always a hard one for me ... I don't know why, because there are a lot of fruits and vegetables that I really like, I just don't really incorporate them into my meals. I think I will have an apple for snack in a little bit, so that's a good start.

One of the best things I learned from Pam was to try to have a fruit and some vegetable with every meal! Sometimes I just have two tomatoes with my breakfast. It also helps with eating smaller portions of the rest of the meal!

I have the same thing with the fitbit - I got it and assumed I'd be in the 7,000-10,000 range every day, and was shocked to discover that there were days when I was only getting 2,000-3,000 steps and hours where I only got 20-30 steps an hour (sometimes less).

I try to just get up and move around more - when I'm having trouble focusing (happens a lot with me), I used to just try playing a game of solitaire or something on the computer to "reset" my brain, but these days I get up and walk around a bit instead. I also tend to walk around when I'm on the phone ... that's more of a nervous habit, but it also helps me get up and move a bit more.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I have done that, too. Instead of reading the news on the internet when I want a short break from work, I go for a walk through our building. Since it is really large, one round gives me a nice workout and I find it is even easier to concentrate afterwards again if I got a little bit of exercise!

Happy New Year and Go Bucks!

I'm late to join, but I want too!

Welcome back Molli! Great to see you again!

Hi, I'm Molli, i'm 42 y/o SAHM and part-time xray tech (couple shifts a month) I'm so very much looking forward to 2015 as I have some fantastic travel plans and my youngest daughter graduates HS. Last year was not a banner year on my weight loss journey, but i'm hopeful that with recent changes in my meds this year will be the year I hit my goal :thumbsup2 I'm hormonally challenged due to surgically losing most of my pituitary gland and both of my adrenal glands, making me steroid dependent for life. The onset of my illness packed over 55 lbs on me, and i'm down to about 20 - 25 left to lose. To be honest I have not weighed myself in a couple months :scared1: I will do so after this weekend....i'm giving myself this weekend to clean out the leftover holiday foods, and by that I mean throw away what's left come Sunday. Decemeber physically kicked my butt and with that I didn't have much appetite. I know that I overindulged still, but i'm hoping the damage won't be too bad. I wasn't able to make it to the gym for three weeks :sad1: but this past week I made it twice. My gym is closed today and tomorrow though.

:thanks: Magdalene for hosting!
can you explain more what tracking the weekly weigh-ins looks like for the coach? is there an excel spreadsheet that is around to just plug in the numbers and names? I'd like to volunteer but as you all know I can be unreliable :scared: if my Addison's flares up

Rose developed an Excel spreadsheet when she set up the new challenge and it is really easy to work with it! You just put in the start weight, the goal and the current weights as reported and then you get the percentage. Works great! If you want to sign up as a hostess for a month, I can certainly email it to you! And I am sure someone of us would be happy to jump in as an "emergency hostess", if you can't keep up for health reasons!

Fitness Friday -- I also bought a fitbit a couple years ago and I have days where I'm shocked at how little I moved! it encourages me to get my steps and walk my dog, which makes her more pleasant as she's still young and needs to burn off the energy

Double motivation! :goodvibes Dog loves it and it gives you good results on the fitbit! :thumbsup2

We're dressing up as Human Twilight Sparkle and BlueBlood form My Little Pony Friendship is Magic lol Next year we are looking at Starlord and Kitty Pryde. Like I said we're nerds lol

I have no idea who these are! :goodvibes BUT I know what Little Pony is! Seems like a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

I love my job at the zoo :) I have been there for 7 years now and after some changes the past two years I am definately walking a lot more. Not everyone can just go and watch the Black Bears or Red Pandas while working. Sometimes I even give the carousel guy a break and run the carousel which is a lot of fun with the kids. I'm really lucky.

but yes as with every public job, the guests can sometimes be pains but in general its not too bad. But I have some stories lol

Sounds like a great job!

I will really try the fruit and veggie thing but this is a bad week with out food budget so not really counting on it, I will however make an effort to eat as many as I can. It is something I really need to be more consious of.

I know, it can be a struggle if you need to watch the budget! However, keep in mind that canned/frozen vegetables count as well and at least here those are often more affordable then fresh produce!

as for

Fitness Friday!

A fitness question to start us off into the challenge: Ever since I got a fitbit last summer, I am surprised how inactive I am for large stretches of the day. This has encouraged me to incorporate more activity in my daily life. Have you ever thought about this, are there things that you do consciously to incorporate more activity in your life? Have you ideas on how to do that?

I got mt FitBit Flex late last Summer and for the most part during my work season I have no issues making my 10,000 steps. But in the off season I am finding it much harder. If I go to the gym I tend to get over 6,000 but if I don't I am lucky to hit 4,000. SO I really need to step up the pace. I really try and go to the gym mainly so I can see the fitbit results. This device has been super helpful for me.

I find the fitbit a great motivational tool myself. Is there anywhere you can go for a nice walk during the day to collect a few more steps?

Thanks for hosting Magdalene!!
I'm back in for 2015, time to get my butt back in gear.
I will PM you my weight tomorrow, I didn't get on the scale today, but I did so my measurements yeasts day, they were not pretty!!!

Welcome back Buffy!! It's never to late to join, so no worry about sending in your starting weight a little late!

:banana::banana:

I'm back! I sort of dropped off the Dis for a few months while I started my new job. I'm Jill, 38, wife and mom to DS11 and DS8. I am a special education teacher that took a new job in a new school district working with a completely different age group. It was a stressful couple months and with a new schedule, my exercise completely suffered :( I'm ready for 2015 and I am up about 10 pounds since August :headache:

Oh, and did I mention that I am having some neck and shoulder issues so my doctor has me on no upper body exercises for at least another week! I guess it'll be cardio and some lower body stuff for now. And, lots of water, veggies, and fruits.

I'm not sure how often I will be able to post, but I am going to try a couple times a week or more. Thanks for the thread Magdalene and I'm so happy to be back to familiar and new "faces."

Jill

Jill, great to see you again!! I hope the new job will be a good place for you once you are settled in. Starting at a new place is always stressful in the beginning. But I seem to remember that your old place was pretty stressful all the time. So, I hope the new one will be better!

I hope your upper body problems will be sorted out soon!

I'm back as well!

I'm Derek, 42 year old dad of an energetic toddler (who just turned 2 on 1/1) who works overnights and watches the little one during the day while mommy is at work, so yeah, I don't get sleep. :eek:

Starting weight 226.5, looking to lose a pound a week for the year (end goal 175 at year's end)

Welcome back Derek! A pound a week is a good goal! :thumbsup2

Not a great couple of days for me. I got my 5 fruit/veggie servings in yesterday, but not today. At least my 10-minute exercise streak is at 7 days! I've got 2 runs planned for this week and a walk to Starbucks on the schedule (serves the double purpose of exercise and getting me out of the house on a day when I normally don't get out of the house), which is good. I've been working on my meal plan for the week, trying to get 5 servings in each day. Hopefully I can do it!

Seems like you are doing well, even if the fruit/veggie thing is a struggle. I really have to work hard for it as well. And I am impressed that you are meal planning! This is one thing I really struggle with!!! I guess I need to make it a Healthy Habit challenge one of the weeks this months to challenge myself!

Signed the wife and myself up for the Austin Statesman Cap 10K in April. This will be the first time in a 10K for either of us. We'll be walking it, not running, but it's still timed so it'll be a great baseline for us to work with, we'd like to eventually do a runDisney event.

Signing up for a race is always a great way to motivate yourself to keep up with the regular exercise! :thumbsup2 A 10K is a nice distance! What is your time limit going to be?

I didn't get my fruits/veggies yesterday :/ I got 2 servings not 5. Hoping today i do better, I have already had 1 serving with breakfast (banana with my cereal) for lunch I am gonna aim for a fruit and a veggie.

A runDisney event is in my future dream plans too. I don't have a firm plan but I am hoping by my 40th birthday I will be ready. (I turn 35 on Tuesday) for a girl who doesn't run I made it a long term plan lol Gonna try and hit a couple 5Ks between now and then.

And even if you don't get 5 servings, even if you manage to get more servings than usual, this is going to be a win for you! :thumbsup2

And a 5-year plan for a run Disney event sounds like a perfect long term plan! 5ks are a great way to start out!

Hello everyone!!

I already got quite a few PMs with starting weights and will update the participant list tomorrow! If you haven't signed up yet, it is never to late! And if you have signed up and not introduced yourself yet, we would love to meet you! I understand that lurking on these threads seems easier than taking part. But the great thing about joining in the chatter is that you will find people who can actively support you when you are struggling! :goodvibes

So, Lurkers out there: You are welcome to chat with us!!! :goodvibes

My first days have gone quite well. I have been good about the 5 a day. Only today I am lagging behind. I also went for my first run in 5 weeks or so and it felt great! Only ran for about 25 minutes, but at a decent pace. I got a head lamp for Christmas and hopefully that will help me to go out regularly even when it is dark after work!

Hi Everyone!

I am Fran. I haven't been on for about a year. I think I signed up last January and just didn't have the time to keep up with the thread.

But .... it is a new year and new me! I am not sure how much I will be able to add to the thread, but I am going to work on sending in my weight weekly. I would really like to lose about 20-25 pounds. I tend to hover around my current weight and have not really put my full effort into losing these final pounds.

I have started using MyFitness Pal and have made lots of meals this weekend that are much healthier than what I ate over Christmas.

I also joined the 2,015 in 2015 challenge with my husband and son. It is a year long running/walking challenge. So I am ready for the new year!

I want to say HI t:wave2: to Pam, Buffy (I have been seeing you on MyFitness Pal.) and Jill. So nice to see people who have been on here before.

Jill, Wow ... you got a new job! Congrats!!!! Where at and what are you doing?

Here is to a great, new year!!!

Fran

:wave2:

I think I am going to try dipping my toe back in the water again! :yay: If you all don't mind I don't really want to participate in the actual challenge right now-- I am too scatterbrained to remember to send in my weight:rotfl: And I am trying to limit my scale time (much easier said than done!) But I sure love having the friendship and support here and to be able to talk to others going through the same things I am.

I am lovetoscrap/LTS/Scrappy. Call me whatever you want, just don't call me late to dinner! :duck: This board helped me to lose about 50 pounds in 2011 and have kept that weight off. I have tried to come back a few times but life keeps getting in the way and I disappear. I actually lost another 30 or so pounds by the beginning of last year but after an extremely stressful summer I did gain that back. So I am here to see if I can get the other 50 pounds off of me that need to go. I have lost 50 pounds once, I should be able to do it again, right? I need to lose the weight to be healthy.

My biggest challenge? ME! :headache:
I sabotage myself. "One little bite won't matter."
"I ate 2 bites and still lost last week so surely 2 more won't hurt."
"I am tired and stressed so toheckwithitalljustgivemefood."

I hate journaling and I know that is something that is supposed to be helpful. And frankly when I do journal I lie! But I do really wish now I had a journal to go back to from when I lost the first 50 so I could just eat all the same things each day again! I am trying something new this time and have put my journal on Google Docs so that I can access it from anywhere, especially work. I try to do what I call "reverse journaling" where instead of writing down what I ate after the fact, I write down what I will eat in advance. Then I have to stick to only eating what I already wrote down. That does help me quite a bit.

I am also exercise challenged because of mobility issues. So my main focus has to be on eating right and there is no wiggle room to cheat and just "work it off later".

Going to try to read back on here and get caught up before bed. Tomorrow is going to STINK! :crazy2: Been on break for 2 weeks and most days haven't been out of bed before 10am (and been to sleep before 1am). Back to up at 6am tomorrow and I am dreading it. Going to try to get to sleep early. Going to bed early also keeps me from eating too much!

Healthy Habit

Your Healthy Habit for the first week of the year!

After the holiday season with all its indulgences it is time to refocus on what kind of foods we should eat. One recommendation is to eat FIVE portions of vegetable and fruit a day. So, this is your healthy habit challenge for the week! Since I am a day late to post it, you will get a full score if you manage to report back with 6 days hitting the goal of 5 a day!

A great resource as to what counts (dried fruit and canned vegetables count as well for example) and how to incorporate your portions can be found here: http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/5aday/Pages/5ADAYhome.aspx

So, good luck in finding a lot of veggies and fruits that you like in the next week - maybe this challenge will even encourage you to try something new!

Love fruits and some veggies. I don't eat much fruit though because I follow a low carb approach. I eat a salad at least once a day, sometimes twice and that gets me a good amount of veggies. We also have at least one veg, often 2 with dinner. Over the last year I have added cauliflower to my "don't hate it anymore" list. But it has to be roasted, mashed or riced. It is now my go to substitute for rice and potatos, and I use spaghetti squash and zucchini instead of pasta.

Fitness Friday!

I bought my fitbit quite a while back and carry it with me every day. I have the One tracker. Unfortunately I can only handle about 5000 steps a day. If I do 7000 it has been a pretty busy day my body is not happy with me, but that is what I try for. If I do 10,000 I am in major pain. I do try to incorporate small things like taking the long way from my office to the bathroom, parking further away, and taking the stairs instead of the elevator. I have to take a cart of stuff up to the 2nd floor a few times a week and when I am feeling up to it will put the cart in the elevator and push the button and then take the stairs up and meet it!

Mary•Poppins;52838577 said:
Hi Everyone!

I am Fran. I haven't been on for about a year. I think I signed up last January and just didn't have the time to keep up with the thread.

But .... it is a new year and new me! I am not sure how much I will be able to add to the thread, but I am going to work on sending in my weight weekly. I would really like to lose about 20-25 pounds. I tend to hover around my current weight and have not really put my full effort into losing these final pounds.

I have started using MyFitness Pal and have made lots of meals this weekend that are much healthier than what I ate over Christmas.

I also joined the 2,015 in 2015 challenge with my husband and son. It is a year long running/walking challenge. So I am ready for the new year!

I want to say HI t:wave2: to Pam, Buffy (I have been seeing you on MyFitness Pal.) and Jill. So nice to see people who have been on here before.

Fran

Hi Fran! Great to see you joining in! Hopefully we will be able to help you lose those 20 pounds!

The 2015 challenge sounds interesting, is that 2015 miles for the year? That's quite a distance, isn't it?

Hope you will enjoy the healthy meals! :thumbsup2

I think I am going to try dipping my toe back in the water again! :yay: If you all don't mind I don't really want to participate in the actual challenge right now-- I am too scatterbrained to remember to send in my weight:rotfl: And I am trying to limit my scale time (much easier said than done!) But I sure love having the friendship and support here and to be able to talk to others going through the same things I am.

I am lovetoscrap/LTS/Scrappy. Call me whatever you want, just don't call me late to dinner! :duck: This board helped me to lose about 50 pounds in 2011 and have kept that weight off. I have tried to come back a few times but life keeps getting in the way and I disappear. I actually lost another 30 or so pounds by the beginning of last year but after an extremely stressful summer I did gain that back. So I am here to see if I can get the other 50 pounds off of me that need to go. I have lost 50 pounds once, I should be able to do it again, right? I need to lose the weight to be healthy.

I hate journaling and I know that is something that is supposed to be helpful. And frankly when I do journal I lie! But I do really wish now I had a journal to go back to from when I lost the first 50 so I could just eat all the same things each day again! I am trying something new this time and have put my journal on Google Docs so that I can access it from anywhere, especially work. I try to do what I call "reverse journaling" where instead of writing down what I ate after the fact, I write down what I will eat in advance. Then I have to stick to only eating what I already wrote down. That does help me quite a bit.

I am also exercise challenged because of mobility issues. So my main focus has to be on eating right and there is no wiggle room to cheat and just "work it off later".

Going to try to read back on here and get caught up before bed. Tomorrow is going to STINK! :crazy2: Been on break for 2 weeks and most days haven't been out of bed before 10am (and been to sleep before 1am). Back to up at 6am tomorrow and I am dreading it. Going to try to get to sleep early. Going to bed early also keeps me from eating too much!

:welcome: and of course just take part in whatever is good for you in this challenge! I had months when I thought that stepping away from the scale is better for me as well!

I think we all know the problem of self-sabotage!! But I think your new plan of journalling before you eat it makes a lot of sense! I often try to do that to. It is the first step to real meal planning, which is something I still struggle with!

Love fruits and some veggies. I don't eat much fruit though because I follow a low carb approach. I eat a salad at least once a day, sometimes twice and that gets me a good amount of veggies. We also have at least one veg, often 2 with dinner. Over the last year I have added cauliflower to my "don't hate it anymore" list. But it has to be roasted, mashed or riced. It is now my go to substitute for rice and potatos, and I use spaghetti squash and zucchini instead of pasta.

I bought my fitbit quite a while back and carry it with me every day. I have the One tracker. Unfortunately I can only handle about 5000 steps a day. If I do 7000 it has been a pretty busy day my body is not happy with me, but that is what I try for. If I do 10,000 I am in major pain. I do try to incorporate small things like taking the long way from my office to the bathroom, parking further away, and taking the stairs instead of the elevator. I have to take a cart of stuff up to the 2nd floor a few times a week and when I am feeling up to it will put the cart in the elevator and push the button and then take the stairs up and meet it!

I used to hate nearly all vegetables, but just as you I have moved more and more over to the "don't hate anymore" list. But not yet cauliflower! :eek:

Sorry that you have to deal with mobility issues. But it sounds like you are doing well with incorporating more activity in your lifestyle!

Motivational Monday!

This is my all time favourite quote, so I wanted to share it with you as the start of the new year:

wherethemagichappens.jpg

Somehow, it really spoke to me when Lisa posted it earlier last summer and it has been in my head for the second half of 2014 when I did finally see some weight loss success!

In order to acchieve something I need to step out of my comfort zone as the comfort zone got me to the place I don't want to be at anymore! It inspired me to run faster, eat new things and break old habits. Of course there are limits as to far one can step out of the comfort zone due to health, budget or family. But often there are ways around those things!

So, did you ever step out of your comfort zone in your weight loss journey and were you successful with it?

Happy Monday everyone, I hope you all have a great start to the week!

I have added the participants on the first page, seems like we are a nice bunch, but it is still not too late to sign up!

I am doing well with my 5 a day this week. If I put thought into it, I seem to be able to get into a good routine. But the weight is rather sad so far. I once again found a mystery pound on the scale this morning - I was hoping that I would have lost a little by then since I have been good since the start of the year. Well, I know, just keep doing the right things!

Motivational Monday:
My step out of the comfort zone was with running. I have been running for years, never that serious and never really frequent for long stretches. I seemed to never get any faster, but always ran at about the same speed. So, this summer I really put effort into just running faster. Instead of being comfortable I challenged myself. I started to huff and puff more, but I got faster and after some time I was huffing and puffing less and then went back to challenging myself. It seems that I was able to really improve my pace. Of course now I had a far too long break of not running with vacation, bronchitis, snow etc that I kind of need to start again. But I am looking forward to challenging myself again! It really gives me a feeling of having accomplished something!

Motivational Monday-Comfort Zone

The only thing I can think of right now is the fact I signed up for a "plan" at the gym. This vgym is for my husband's work so not real trainers or anything. They just give you some strength training machines and a plan of sorts (A 2 day plan) So just before Christmas I got my plan, went through the machines with the worker. I have tried it a couple times but I feel weird, I am not confident in using the equiptment. So I have hopped back to just cardio. When the gym is completely empty (Happens a lot actually) I will try the machines again.

Onto cardio, I do the treadmill sometimes I challenge myself with longer distance and once in awhile I hop on another machine for a little while.

I did notice I tend to go out of my comfort zone more when I am alone with no one to witness if I fail or give up....this just got way too deep lol

Howdy all!!! Sorry that I fell off the planet for a while! Happy New Year!!

I have been SO BUSY with belated Christmas celebrations with both sides of the family, plus FIRST Robotics season kick-off and getting DD ready to move back on campus and help her get packed for 10 days in Panama!! I kind of feel like, other than driving, I hadn't hardly taken a deep breath and just CHILLED in many, many days! But I stayed over with DD last night and we enjoyed one last holiday food splurge and relaxed just a bit with some Netflix.... and now she is back in class and I am home again and ready for life to get back to some degree of "normal".... of course, with robotics season now at full pace, "normal" is all relative!!:laughing:

I've truly missed chatting with you all and I can't wait to have a few minutes to read, reply, catch up with "old" friends and meet the new ones!! But for now I absolutely must dash. I sat down over an HOUR ago to download a few pictures to the computer and between one problem and another, I've now been sitting here FAAAARRRR longer than I had planned and must dash to unpack from my overnight and finish a small project that MUST be done by Wednesday afternoon!! Plus the tree needs to come down asap!

I'll try to pop on tonight after I've gotten some stuff done here!...........P

Hi all! Just a quick drop-in for me ... it's been a long day already, and I don't have the energy for a long response.

Motivational Monday!

This is my all time favourite quote, so I wanted to share it with you as the start of the new year:

wherethemagichappens.jpg

Somehow, it really spoke to me when Lisa posted it earlier last summer and it has been in my head for the second half of 2014 when I did finally see some weight loss success!

In order to acchieve something I need to step out of my comfort zone as the comfort zone got me to the place I don't want to be at anymore! It inspired me to run faster, eat new things and break old habits. Of course there are limits as to far one can step out of the comfort zone due to health, budget or family. But often there are ways around those things!

So, did you ever step out of your comfort zone in your weight loss journey and were you successful with it?

Running was a step outside my comfort zone. I've had on and off knee pain since I was a teenager, so the idea of running scared me. But I started slow and gradually worked my way up ... and I'm doing really well and rarely have knee problems!

Ok, that's all the energy I have right now. I hope everyone's having a great day!

Hi all - I'd love to join if it's not too late!

I was average in high school and college (although I always felt heavy...would be thrilled to be that weight now!). I started packing on the pounds after I had children 15 years ago, and it has been steadily creeping up since. My scale hit an all time high in the end of December, so I decided to make a serious change in 2015. I actually enjoy healthy foods (fruits, vegetables, etc.) but I love all of the not-so-good stuff as well! I have been very good since January 1, though, so I am off to a good start. My biggest challenge is exercise, since I really do not enjoy it.

I am looking forward to joining this group!

So far have had an on plan day! And I am too tired now to get up and get any food, on plan or off! Hopefully will get to bed early tonight and catch up on some sleep.

Arrghh.... don't hate me! No time to chat again today!! My WW meeting prep took me waaaayyy longer than usual and I still need to shower and get dressed and get the car loaded! Lots of "props" needed for this week's meeting.

That being said, I am FINALLY feeling totally back OP and may even squeeze in just a bit of TM time before showering! I gained a bit during the last week of December (okay.... maybe more than just a bit), but feel like it is disappearing already! I am super proud of myself for weighing in on Friday despite knowing that the number would make me :scared1: . I just gave myself a pep talk so as not to allow the NUMBER on the scale to rule my emotional state for the day! Anyone else ever do that???

Feeling motivated to have a GREAT January!! DD and I are doing a "race to the castle" walking/running challenge. We set up a jar of beads plus an empty jar for each of us and we will move the beads from the "miles to go" to the "miles done" jars as we make progress (1300+ miles!!). We anticipate it could take us a year to do that (if we averaged 4 miles per day, every day). Since I have been TOTALLY slacking off of the exercise lately and DD is a busy college student, we are anticipating a full year or even more, but what a celebration it would be if we were done (hopefully nearly simultaneously) before that! We made the decision that only miles walked/run SPECIFICALLY for exercise will count....not counting miles walked on campus to class/lunch, or yard work or anything like that.

Off to finish lunch, hit the TM and then shower for work tonight! I SWEAR I will find time to chat and reply later!................P

Mary•Poppins;52838577 said:
Hi Everyone!

Fran

Hi Fran!!! How are the boys?

I took a job with Sharon City School District and am actually in my DSs elementary school :) It is so awesome. I am the emotional support teacher for k-3, which is so much better than high school alternative education students! Yes, they have behavior issues, but I took over this program from another elementary that was moved to the current school (previous teacher switched to an open learning support position) and my supervisor and principal are very pleased with the students' success.

Stay warm over the next few days! We are part of the wind chill advisory and am thinking we'll have delays tomorrow and Thursday since the district doesn't bus since there are neighborhood schools in walking distance.

Yay! Another name I remember :) Welcome back! I also pre-track all my food and it helps me stay on track so much better.

Motivational Monday!

When I used to go to my old gym before it closed, I had a group of ladies that encouraged me to try different classes. So, although I feared spinning, I tried a class and LOVED it! I used to go 2 times a week. I also stepped out of my comfort zone of cardio and circuit class and tried yoga. Again, loved it. DH bought me some dvds from someone at work (Beachbody ones), so as soon as I am cleared from the chiropractor to do upper body exercise, I will start Chalene Extreme. Anyone try it?

Arrghh.... don't hate me! No time to chat again today!! My WW meeting prep took me waaaayyy longer than usual and I still need to shower and get dressed and get the car loaded! Lots of "props" needed for this week's meeting.

That being said, I am FINALLY feeling totally back OP and may even squeeze in just a bit of TM time before showering! I gained a bit during the last week of December (okay.... maybe more than just a bit), but feel like it is disappearing already! I am super proud of myself for weighing in on Friday despite knowing that the number would make me :scared1: . I just gave myself a pep talk so as not to allow the NUMBER on the scale to rule my emotional state for the day! Anyone else ever do that???

Feeling motivated to have a GREAT January!! DD and I are doing a "race to the castle" walking/running challenge. We set up a jar of beads plus an empty jar for each of us and we will move the beads from the "miles to go" to the "miles done" jars as we make progress (1300+ miles!!). We anticipate it could take us a year to do that (if we averaged 4 miles per day, every day). Since I have been TOTALLY slacking off of the exercise lately and DD is a busy college student, we are anticipating a full year or even more, but what a celebration it would be if we were done (hopefully nearly simultaneously) before that! We made the decision that only miles walked/run SPECIFICALLY for exercise will count....not counting miles walked on campus to class/lunch, or yard work or anything like that.

Off to finish lunch, hit the TM and then shower for work tonight! I SWEAR I will find time to chat and reply later!................P

Hi Pam! I love your race to the castle challenge! Sounds like you're just as busy as ever. It's so good to get a quick update with familiar "faces" and their families. Is DS a senior this year?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh. My disboards app will not let me post :(
I log in but then it says I need to be logged in to do anything. I've deleted the whole app and reinstalled it. Didn't help. So, my checking in may be limited since I have to be on a computer.

I've had a good 2 days. The aide in my classroom walked in yesterday morning and said "My pants don't fit" and I said "mine either!" So, she started couch to 5k and I introduced her to My Fitness Pal. We are completely holding each other accountable. I did the elliptical the last 2 days, not too much time but better than nothing :thumbsup2 As soon as I can do upper body exercise, I'll start a dvd program. I'm thinking Chalene Extreme. If anyone has any advice on that particular program, please share!

We are freezing in western PA. A wind advisory starts tomorrow morning until Thursday at 4 pm. Actual temps will be in the low single digits (8 tonight and 1 tomorrow night) with wind chills -10 to -20. Plus, we are to get some snow, too. The poor dog suffers the most! She goes out and backs in sometimes without even getting her back end out the doggy door. It's hilarious to watch! Front legs on the deck, back legs on the carpet, then her reversing back inside. She makes us laugh. DH's family lives off Lake Erie between Cleveland and Erie and they are expected to get 10-20 inches of snow. No thank you :lmao:

Well, I'm off to get some laundry done since it doesn't do itself. Have a great night!

Jill

Quick post - two days of success and I'm still stoked to drop some excess before my too short but just glad I get to go trip to WDW in March

Sent my weight, I gained 5 lbs since last September UGH!

Welcome to the newcomers and re-joiners! LTS - I need cross over to your board and set some scrapping goals :teeth:

Ok, I will volunteer to hostess in April..... It's been several years since I've hosted and I thank you all in advance for your patience with me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter